Samsung puts 'wall hugger' ads on airport power outlets, takes Apple mockery to next level

Comments

• Reply 141 of 162
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Ok, I’ll bite.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Apple must have hundreds, if not thousands, of products not seen before in their labs.

When has Apple not created something reimagined? Without access to their labs, I couldn't tell you. Drop Sir J. I. a line, and he might tell you. 

I win! :)  

Something unseen can neither be proven nor disproven, so it doesn't count.

I don't think Solomon had a smartphone, but he would've had one hell of a contact list. :lol:

Steve Jobs is on record as saying that he's proudest of the things Apple hasn't shipped, which I would call proof.

What was the earliest long distance communication? God speaking to Adam, I guess. After that, men shouting, then fire. Though whether Adam and Eve raised their voices from afar when arguing over the apple, I don't know. ????
    You sir are elevating trolling to a new level.

Someone has to try and bring you up from the dirt.
    Thank you for the offer of a helping hand. Fortunately I do not require it. I much prefer reading you write from it. :p
  • Reply 142 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by singularity View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by singularity View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:

Ok, I’ll bite.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Apple must have hundreds, if not thousands, of products not seen before in their labs.

When has Apple not created something reimagined? Without access to their labs, I couldn't tell you. Drop Sir J. I. a line, and he might tell you. 

I win! image  

Something unseen can neither be proven nor disproven, so it doesn't count.

I don't think Solomon had a smartphone, but he would've had one hell of a contact list. image

Steve Jobs is on record as saying that he's proudest of the things Apple hasn't shipped, which I would call proof.

What was the earliest long distance communication? God speaking to Adam, I guess. After that, men shouting, then fire. Though whether Adam and Eve raised their voices from afar when arguing over the apple, I don't know. ????

You sir are elevating trolling to a new level.

Someone has to try and bring you up from the dirt.

Thank you for the offer of a helping hand. Fortunately I do not require it. I much prefer reading you write from it. image

Even you can be saved; try holding the helping hand.

• Reply 143 of 162
    Quote:

Question is, would Apple have created the iPhone if there weren't smartphones already in existence?

Another fun question is:  Would most smartphones be touch screens without physical keyboards if the iphone didn't exist?

I think the answer to both questions is yes, although the timeline might be a year or two longer.  But we don't live in a vacuum and will never know.

Thankfully we don't live in a vacuum and there are many companies competing for our money.  So they all stand on the shoulders of those before them, and copy the best ideas to make better products.  Which is good for all of us.  

Final thought, perhaps some companies do more copying than inventing while other companies do more inventing than copying.  Maybe some companies are 50/50 in that regard.

• Reply 144 of 162
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    techlover wrote: »
    Another fun question is:  Would most smartphones be touch screens without physical keyboards if the iphone didn't exist?

I think the answer to both questions is yes, although the timeline might be a year or two longer.  But we don't live in a vacuum and will never know.

Thankfully we don't live in a vacuum and there are many companies competing for our money.  So they all stand on the shoulders of those before them, and copy the best ideas to make better products.  Which is good for all of us.  

Final thought, perhaps some companies do more copying than inventing while other companies do more inventing than copying.  Maybe some companies are 50/50 in that regard.

We already know that entirely touchscreen phones was already being designed by LG, but it probably would've taken a few years before multi touch was incorporated.

As far as copying goes I agree. While some followed the paradigm shift created by Apple, and rightly so, Samsung chose to copy, but one can't deny credit to Samsung for the tech they created that a great deal of cell phones use today.
  • Reply 145 of 162
    Quote:

We already know that entirely touchscreen phones was already being designed by LG, but it probably would've taken a few years before multi touch was incorporated.

As far as copying goes I agree. While some followed the paradigm shift created by Apple, and rightly so, Samsung chose to copy, but one can't deny credit to Samsung for the tech they created that a great deal of cell phones use today.

We agree so much it's making me sick.  This is the internet for crying out loud!  :)

I had no idea until recently that samsung has been making cell phones since 1988. 

From samsung electronics wikipedia page:

Samsung Electronics launched its first mobile phone in 1988, in the South Korean market.[15] Sales were initially poor and by the early 1990s Motorola held a market share of over 60 percent in the country's mobile phone market compared to just 10 percent for Samsung.[15]

And then a couple fun facts from motorola's wikipedia page:

In 1969 Neil Armstrong spoke the famous words "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" from the Moon on a Motorola transceiver.[16]

In 1973, Motorola demonstrated the first hand-held portable telephone.[17]

• Reply 146 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

Quote:

Question is, would Apple have created the iPhone if there weren't smartphones already in existence?

I think Steve Jobs described the first iPhone at the keynote as five years ahead of everyone else, so I would presume that we wouldn't have had a vague equivalent until 2012 without the iPhone.

• Reply 147 of 162
    Quote:

I think Steve Jobs described the first iPhone at the keynote as five years ahead of everyone else, so I would presume that we wouldn't have had a vague equivalent until 2012 without the iPhone.

Sure.  You might be right but we will never know.

In reference to the first question by dasanman69, how long would it take apple to come up with all of the existing smartphone technology it incorporated into the iphone?  5 years?  10 years?  2 years?

My point is its not only a wash, but we will never really know and can only offer our best guesses of alternate realities.

Regarding Jobs standing on stage at the original iphone keynote and saying that the iphone was 5 years ahead of the competition.  I agree with him 100%.  Hands down it was 5 years ahead.  I would know as I bought the 8 gig the day it came out.  However the rest of the world does not stand still, and 5 years later the competition was starting to catch up.  Now its over 7 years later and the competition is pretty stiff these days.  We are saturated with some awesome devices today.

• Reply 148 of 162
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    I didn't say that; your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.
    That's exactly what you said, you numbskull. Stop copying TS, he's the last person on this forum you should consider a papa bear.
  • Reply 149 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Quote:

I didn't say that; your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

That's exactly what you said, you numbskull. Stop copying TS, he's the last person on this forum you should consider a papa bear.

Quote:

No; you need to read more carefully.

• Reply 150 of 162
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

C'mon, you're not one of these young kids that doesn't know smartphones existed before the iPhone. One always learns from the competition, even if it's what not to do.

World's first 'smartphone' celebrates 20 years - http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28802053

• Reply 151 of 162
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

The IBM smartphone will be displayed in a section of the gallery called The Cell

This garbage will be imprisoned for life? Good.

• Reply 152 of 162
    Quote:

Quote:

C'mon, you're not one of these young kids that doesn't know smartphones existed before the iPhone. One always learns from the competition, even if it's what not to do.

World's first 'smartphone' celebrates 20 years - http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28802053

Quote:

Oh Crowley, you just love feeding the trolls, don't you?

I wasn't aware of him feeding you recently.

• Reply 153 of 162

Sheesh, we're onto "I know you are but what am I" now?

Where's a billy goat gruff when you need one?

• Reply 154 of 162
    Quote:

Both you and TS have posted saying that you enjoy trolling here.  And what are you doing trying to attack me?  First, I'm pretty much immune to that sort of stuff, especially on the Internet.  Second, weren't you just in another thread crying about someone attacking you?

• Reply 155 of 162

Both you and TS have posted saying that you enjoy trolling here.

Nah, try again.

• Reply 156 of 162
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nah, try again.

I know what I saw, but if you claim that you're not here to troll, then more power to you.  We'll all be thrilled when your posting habits reflect this change.  :)

• Reply 157 of 162

I know what I saw...

Then get your eyes checked.

• Reply 158 of 162
    Quote:

It's ok, once they fall back on the imbecilic "read it again" argument you know they've run out of any of whatever trolls use for ammo.

• Reply 159 of 162
    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's ok, once they fall back on the imbecilic "read it again" argument you know they've run out of any of whatever trolls use for ammo.

Funny that. See, how it works is that you read someone's post and respond accordingly. If you only read part of it or misread it through carelessness or malice, you get called out for it.

You'll learn one day.

• Reply 160 of 162
    crowley wrote: »
    A man now deceased claimed, while offering no examples, that he was proudest (i.e. he was being hyperbolic already) of things he'd said no to, and BF considers that proof that Apple created products in their labs that were unlike anything on earth, and didn't release them?
    Wow.

It's a well-known fact that the government let Apple study all the paper-thin devices the aliens were carrying in the pockets of their skin-tight flight suits. FACT, I tell you! Furthermore, that the aliens bore an uncanny resemblance to Great Leader, Kim Jong-il, is just an unfortunate coincident. Nothing more!