Photos and video purportedly detail working 'iPhone 6,' hint at Passbook-based mobile payments

Comments

• Reply 141 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

1) Not necessarily. Always (or mostly) negative comments -- like yours and the other guy's -- will invite pushback. If you can't deal with it, go somewhere else.

2) Not at all. If your assumption is Apple is not doing the right thing, back it up with facts, logic, cites, links. Not whines.

3) See #2.

1) Negative comments? I am only expressing my opinion, this is a forum after all, an Apple forum. You can rest assured I'll be doing whatever I feel like doing, your suggestion in this matter is moot. Having said that, you guys are so pumped up with anger and are so afraid of criticism that you perceive everything as criticism. I'm actually surprised to see such behavior here. I hope you guys are not like this in the wild. If you are, I hope you'll somehow become fans of a different brand.

2) I did see posts where you whined about passbook? I think so.

3) Cleaver!

• Reply 142 of 189
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

HOT HOT HOT!!

New detailed video!

The camera seems to carry a lot more detail

These criminals fucking disgust me. They also have so little shame that they have no problem showing their faces. I find it very filthy how some are so willing to compromise and deflate the joy and surprise of so many, as well as lessen the impact of unveiling of a product the world has been waiting for, thats less than 2 days away, so that they can get their 15 shitty seconds of fame. Seriously, **** that guy. Let Apple demo it properly first, instead of your ugly-ass with your useless video. These pieces of shit cant even upload in HD, thats how brain-dead they are. To the original poster, these are the people you should focus your anger on, not Tim Cook. 

• Reply 143 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

These criminals fucking disgust me. They also have so little shame that they have no problem showing their faces. I find it very filthy how some are so willing to compromise and deflate the joy and surprise of so many, as well as lessen the impact of unveiling of a product the world has been waiting for, thats less than 2 days away, so that they can get their 15 shitty seconds of fame. Seriously, **** that guy. Let Apple demo it properly first, instead of your ugly-ass with your useless video. 

Now I'm starting to believe that Apple has something so impressive to reveal that the iPhone 6 pales in comparison.

Usually Apple would send the Chinese authorities after such incidents, and it ain't happening.

• Reply 144 of 189
    imember wrote: »
    Check it out!, iPhone 5s destroys Samsung Crap Note 4 in daily use performance

As always Shamesung trash can handle the truth
    ROTFL!!! All that hardware, all those mega-pumped specs, and the POS still can't keep up with a phone that's now a year old!

LOLOL!!!
  • Reply 145 of 189
    HOT HOT HOT!!
    New detailed video!
    The camera seems to carry a lot more detail
    <iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RZWV0AQZRQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

That's a darn convincing fake!

It appears he reads AI and went extra length to address [@]Suddenly Newton[/@]'s rounded edges theory.

Or since I don't understand a word of Chinese, he's saying this is the best iPhone ever not made by Apple :p
  • Reply 146 of 189
    Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

Have you considered that the rounded display edging might be an intentional evolution of the design?

My only concern is in safety of holding. The first-gen feels like a bar of soap at times, and I love the flat sides of the last four models.

Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Now I'm starting to believe that Apple has something so impressive to reveal that the iPhone 6 pales in comparison.

Ah, geez, don’t.

Usually Apple would send the Chinese authorities after such incidents, and it ain't happening.

What do you mean ‘usually’? Apple has no authority in China. They can’t enforce anything. The Chinese won’t do anything about it. Foreigners have zero chance of getting anyone punished. There is functionally no such thing as intellectual property, industrial secrets, or even private ownership over there. There’s nothing they CAN do about it.

We may see a lawsuit on the afternoon of the 9th, but Apple also wouldn’t want to validate the content by going after them early.

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Or since I don't understand a word of Chinese, he's saying this is the best iPhone ever not made by Apple image

That happens to have TouchID...

• Reply 147 of 189
    This was posted over at Mac Rumours, and is a screen shot from the new video, and it proves this is all FAKE!

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/48247/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
  • Reply 148 of 189
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

ROTFL!!! All that hardware, all those mega-pumped specs, and the POS still can't keep up with a phone that's now a year old!

LOLOL!!!

The A7 is a fucking power-sipping beast of a chip, there's still nothing in the mobile space that is superior overall. It demolished the S5 in most benchmarks, a phone that is 8 months newer and "specced" much higher. The A8 is going to pull even further ahead, decimating everything in sight, and anything coming out probably in the next 15 months. Apple is getting exponentially better at customizing their SoC, it's almost scary. I've still seen nothing that comes close to taxing the A7, let alone whats coming out in a few days. Companies like Samsung can tout their hardware all they want, they've already lost and are pulling further behind. 

• Reply 149 of 189

This was posted over at Mac Rumours, and is a screen shot from the new video, and it proves this is all FAKE!

Uh... no. He’s holding the iPhone 6 the same way in both frames.  Notice the right side remains curved, as that’s the display side. He just forgot to flip it because he’s an imbecile.

It’s a real iPhone. Period. Why on Earth, when it actually happens, is everyone still against me? I call fake, they say real. Now when it’s real... 

• Reply 150 of 189
    Quote:

Consider this:

Apple hasn't sold a single iPhone 6 yet. Anyone outside of Apple, Inc. in possession of an actual iPhone 6 today is in possession of stolen property. And we know what happened the last time a blogger flaunted a stolen iPhone.

• Reply 151 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Uh... no. He’s holding the iPhone 6 the same way in both frames.  Notice the right side remains curved, as that’s the display side.

It’s a real iPhone. Period. Why on Earth, when it actually happens, is everyone still against me? I call fake, they say real. Now when it’s real... 

I think it's a fake, but here's the kicker: the real thing may in fact look like that (or something very close to it, since the known fakes where based on allegedly leaked specs).

• Reply 152 of 189

I'd like for one of these so-called "real iPhone 6" videos to show an actual lightning cable plugging into the iPhone 6, and for the model number to appear in iTunes. Only real iPhones will sync with iTunes.

• Reply 153 of 189
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I think it's a fake, but here's the kicker: the real thing may in fact look like that (or something very close to it, since the known fakes where based on allegedly leaked specs).

The video showing TouchID in use is the clincher for me. The rest of the UI would have had to be seriously off the mark for me to doubt something with a working TouchID module. No Android phone has that.

Do they? I don’t pay attention to garbage because I don’t care.

The first Russian video? Fake. The Android gear comes up as the device turns on, quickly flashing to the “Connect to iTunes” screen. Second? They tore it down but never turned it on. And then this? Real unless someone else spots something.

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I'd like for one of these so-called "real iPhone 6" videos to show an actual lightning cable plugging into the iPhone 6, and for the model number to appear in iTunes. Only real iPhones will sync with iTunes.

And I’m sure they’d love to oblige you, except they’d prefer not to broadcast their location and disappear with a bag over their head in the night soon after.

• Reply 154 of 189

Uh... no. He’s holding the iPhone 6 the same way in both frames.  Notice the right side remains curved, as that’s the display side. He just forgot to flip it because he’s an imbecile.

TS, I'm surprised at you, normally you have such a keen eye...

Look again at the iPhone 6 fake, pay close attention to the gap between the Volume Up and Down keys, and the alignment of the keys themselves. The keys are crooked, and the gap is unfinished...
  • Reply 155 of 189
    Consider this:
    Apple hasn't sold a single iPhone 6 yet. Anyone outside of Apple, Inc. in possession of an actual iPhone 6 today is in possession of stolen property. And we know what happened the last time a blogger flaunted a stolen iPhone.
    Agreed, and I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him. But, seeing he's in China, perhaps Apple could get one of the Triad's to go after him :smokey:
  • Reply 156 of 189

...the gap between the Volume Up and Down keys, and the alignment of the keys themselves. The keys are crooked, and the gap is unfinished...

Hmm... Can’t really tell on a 360p video...

• Reply 157 of 189
    stuffestuffe Posts: 394member

I'm calling fake in that this is not the final shipping product (even if it is a fair approximation, almost perhaps indistinguishable from a dimensions and design point of view from the real thing when it shows up tomorrow) for one simple reason.

Every year, crap like this shows up, and the same complaints are made, blurry videos, bits obscured or obfuscated, obviously important details not being shown etc.  A lot of the time, particularly with earlier leaks, this is down to photos being taken hastily, possibly with disguised or discrete cameras when only a few seconds were available etc, but with this video (should I say, these), the people handling them appear to have the ability to be picking them up and using them with impunity, and all the time in the world to play with them.

Now, if I wanted to leak (and get the fame and infamy of doing so, or just be hailed "First!"), and I had the hardware in my hand to do with as I wanted, then here's what I would do.  A), set the phone down in a stable position, and rig a good quality camera (frankly, anything from another iPhone 4S onwards) in a well lit room, and then B) record it with it showing me turn on airplay mirroring, send that AirPlay content to a computer and screen record that window while I then proceed to open *every single app and go through every single settings option showing all the UI elements etc*.  Then edit the 2 pieces of video side by side, along with a further *slow* tour of the entire exterior of the device, again with a good camera, in HD, in a well lit room.

When you have the capacity to do this, and you do not do this, it's because you have something to hide.  Why put something out there that people can and will question when it would take no efort to put something out there that is irrefutable?

• Reply 158 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What do you mean ‘usually’? Apple has no authority in China. They can’t enforce anything. The Chinese won’t do anything about it. Foreigners have zero chance of getting anyone punished. There is functionally no such thing as intellectual property, industrial secrets, or even private ownership over there. There’s nothing they CAN do about it.

They went after several counter fitters and closed up fake Apple stores.

... Apple also wouldn’t want to validate the content by going after them early.

Apple did that before with previous leaked iPhones.

• Reply 159 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

A full featured iOS 8 running is more proof than a Lightning cable, wouldn't you say?

• Reply 160 of 189
    After all is said and done, I just want to have a list of all the liars, suppliers of fakes and trolls who should be summarily dismissed in the future. Especially Sonny Dickson. Fraud or not?