Photos and video purportedly detail working 'iPhone 6,' hint at Passbook-based mobile payments

Comments

• Reply 161 of 189
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

A full featured iOS 8 running is more proof than a Lightning cable, wouldn't you say?

That's not iOS 8. It's fake and that can be proven by the irregularities in the OS.

I don't doubt that the final iPhone will look similar to this, but trust me, NO ONE has gotten their hands on a working device this year before the event, which is good for Apple. Tim Cook didn't lie when he said they were doubling down on secrecy.

• Reply 162 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

... Tim Cook didn't lie when he said they were doubling down on secrecy.

I won't be too sure, there had been several leaked photos and videos of the iPhone 5?

as well as the iPhone 5S and 5C

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-iphone-5s-5c-photo-leak-compilation-195528589.html

The leaks turned out to be accurate.

• Reply 163 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WestCoastStar View Post

Not sure what you mean by flat but I REALLY like Touch ID. It works flawlessly for me.

Someone posted that the reason the photos were fake was because the Home Button wasn't concave. I replied by pointing out that the Touch ID in the 5S wasn't concave either, but flat.

I do see how that could've been interpreted as something else.

• Reply 164 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Tell me, why don't we know one fucking fact about the iWatch or how it looks like, even thought its gonna be revealed in a couple days and its the most talked about and rumored product in YEARS? Even though millions of people have obviously tried to pry info about it? Will you give Apple/Cook credit for that fact, since it IS quite the accomplishment? Of course you won't.

Not feed you your own FUD or anything, but have you seen this?

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/09/08/vague-schematics-details-hint-at-mic-speaker-rectangular-design-for-apples-iwatch

Here's more of that 'doubling down on secrecy' thing again.

• Reply 165 of 189
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/09/08/vague-schematics-details-hint-at-mic-speaker-rectangular-design-for-apples-iwatch

I'm not understanding your doing down on security comments.
  • Reply 166 of 189
    Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

That's not iOS 8. It's fake and that can be proven by the irregularities in the OS.

So what are the irregularities, because it looks perfect. And it has TouchID. You can’t fake that.

...NO ONE has gotten their hands on a working device this year before the event...

We have proof that you’re wrong. For what reason should we trust you? Is it anything more official than a feeling?

• Reply 167 of 189

It's one day before it's supposedly going to be revealed. The 'leaks' today are SCHEMATICS. Have you seen a device yet? Dummy devices? Blurry images of the supposed (purported) iWatch? No you haven't. So take your Cook bashing elsewhere.
  • Reply 168 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

It's one day before it's supposedly going to be revealed. The 'leaks' today are SCHEMATICS. Have you seen a device yet? Dummy devices? Blurry images of the supposed (purported) iWatch? No you haven't. So take your Cook bashing elsewhere.

I'm not bashing Cook. I, and may others, expect more out of his promises. During SJ days we never had this kind of leaks, except for the iPhones in a bar incident, but we never had schematics, parts, and actual devices leak from manufacturers.

• Reply 169 of 189

During SJ days we never had this kind of leaks, except for the iPhones in a bar incident, but we never had schematics, parts, and actual devices leak from manufacturers.

My life has been utterly destroyed by my broken memory and even I can remember the past well enough to know you’re just spewing lies. Cut it out.

• Reply 170 of 189
    I'm not bashing Cook. I, and may others, expect more out of his promises. During SJ days we never had this kind of leaks, except for the iPhones in a bar incident, but we never had schematics, parts, and actual devices leak from manufacturers.
    And during the SJ days we were not selling the number of iPhones that we are selling now. So why would you not expect when there's this much in manufacturing capacity that the potential for leaks is a lot greater?

As a matter of fact, the reason why people are so hard on for leaks of anything related to Apple is because of the iPhone 4 in the bar incident. If that never happened then people wouldn't see the publicity a certain site can receive when they accurately predict the release of details on an unannounced Apple product. And whose days did that happen in?

The fact that the stuff is only leaking near the event is proof that Cook is stopping leaks. But go ahead and find another invalid reason to complain about Cook and that $600 billion market cap.
  • Reply 171 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

My life has been utterly destroyed by my broken memory and even I can remember the past well enough to know you’re just spewing lies. Cut it out.

I see...

Quote:

And during the SJ days we were not selling the number of iPhones that we are selling now. So why would you not expect when there's this much in manufacturing capacity that the potential for leaks is a lot greater?

As a matter of fact, the reason why people are so hard on for leaks of anything related to Apple is because of the iPhone 4 in the bar incident. If that never happened then people wouldn't see the publicity a certain site can receive when they accurately predict the release of details on an unannounced Apple product. And whose days did that happen in?

The fact that the stuff is only leaking near the event is proof that Cook is stopping leaks. But go ahead and find another invalid reason to complain about Cook and that $600 billion market cap.

Double the quantity, double the security.

• Reply 172 of 189
    Double the quantity, double the security.
    Which is what he is doing.
  • Reply 173 of 189
    I see...Double the quantity, double the security.

That's not what doubling down on something means. In Blackjack, doubling down means you double your bet because the odds are in your favour but that is not a guarantee you will win the hand.In the most general terms for Apple it means doubling your expenditure, but what do you get for that expense when you have to deal with an ever growing mindshare, units sold, and need for additional 3rd-party vendors with longer lead in times due to the additional units sold. It only takes one leak to make it to the world via the internet but you want to say Apple has not doubled the cost of their security to prevent leaks? The truth is you have no way or knowing. They could have pushed 20x their expense into security but it doesn't mean they will be successful.
  • Reply 174 of 189
    Quote:

Which is what he is doing.

Apparently not well enough. This upcoming launch seems like an open door to the factory, Apple might as well save the money if this is what they're now considers secrecy.

• Reply 175 of 189

Apparently not well enough. This upcoming launch seems like an open door to the factory, Apple might as well save the money if this is what they're now considers secrecy.

Tell us the specs, then. Tell us the software features, then.

• Reply 176 of 189

Did you know about Swift? Did you know about the secure enclave on the A7 chip? Do you even know about it today? Do you know what that white temporary structure is for? All you think you know are just some casings that may or may not be real, but would you rather have no leaks but then have to wait an additional 4 months for tens of millions of iPhones to be ready before they go on sale or would you say, "we can't possibly stop all these leaks no matter how much money we can reasonably throw at the problem so let's focus on the leaks we can prevent." I'll go with the latter for a product that is known to be updated yearly.
  • Reply 177 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's not what doubling down on something means. In Blackjack, doubling down means you double your bet because the odds are in your favour but that is not a guarantee you will win the hand.In the most general terms for Apple it means doubling your expenditure, but what do you get for that expense when you have to deal with an ever growing mindshare, units sold, and need for additional 3rd-party vendors with longer lead in times due to the additional units sold. It only takes one leak to make it to the world via the internet but you want to say Apple has not doubled the cost of their security to prevent leaks? The truth is you have no way or knowing. They could have pushed 20x their expense into security but it doesn't mean they will be successful.

I, like many others, work in a secure facility. The facility where the iPhones are manufactured is over 100x more secure than any facility I've worked at. The employees work and live on camp. Things can be closely monitored such as internet access, no camera laws, security check-points where valuable information might be leaked (like monitors that display schematics), and much more. These leaks have been going on for weeks if not months, from cables, to screens, body pieces, emblems, buttons, cameras, and multiple working devices.

I refuse to fool myself and pretend that Apple is doing the best it can to secure it's 'surprise factor' because it's not. It has done a much better job in the past. But the iPhone 5, 5S, and now 6 are open-door leaks.

I'm no Apple security expert, but if I managed a team with this level of incompetency, they will have to either shape-up or ship-out. Because at this point there's a lot less of a surprise factor left for tomorrow's major event.

• Reply 178 of 189
    During SJ days we never had this kind of leaks, except for the iPhones in a bar incident, but we never had schematics, parts, and actual devices leak from manufacturers.

The hell we didn't! It was always been a shitload of leaks, and that was when Apple had to produce a lot less product for a launch which means less lead times, less factory usage, less storage, less transportation, less component sources, and just less 3rd-parties involvement all around.
  • Reply 179 of 189
    I refuse to fool myself and pretend that Apple is doing the best it can to secure it's 'surprise factor' because it's not. It has done a much better job in the past. But the iPhone 5, 5S, and now 6 are open-door leaks.

Then you clearly don't understand security, the logistics involved, or what doubling down means, even if we are to take the term literally.
  • Reply 180 of 189

Maybe not, and maybe I don't know exactly what 'doubling down' literally means, but what I do know is that secrecy is less now than before and it's chipping away at Apple's surprise factor. I think we can both agree on that.

BTW. I do appreciate you sticking to the subject matter, and avoiding the childish name-calling :)