iPhone 6 launch day scenes from Apple Stores around the world

Comments

• Reply 21 of 126
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So Reuters says Apple is losing its cool factor with consumers.

Of course it's lost the "cool factor".   No mass market product that sells tens of millions of units can maintain a "cool factor" and no product that's sold in WalMart and other big box stores can maintain a "cool factor".   That's reserved for niche products that are hand crafted, custom designed or difficult to obtain because they don't make that many or don't have wide distribution or difficult to obtain because they're very expensive.   

IMO, the iPhone lost it's "cool factor" the day that it started to be sold as a subsidized phone.   That's when the masses started buying it. 

But there's a big difference between "cool factor" and success.   Apple has the success.   

• Reply 22 of 126
    Apple stores in Japan had trouble with Chinese mass-buyers trying to cut in line and also 100 caused damage at the Osaka shop.

Obviously caused by China's shortsighted decision to delay sale of the phone. Instant black market created.
  • Reply 23 of 126
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

Of course it's lost the "cool factor".   No mass market product that sells tens of millions of units can maintain a "cool factor" and no product that's sold in WalMart and other big box stores can maintain a "cool factor".   That's reserved for niche products that are hand crafted, custom designed or difficult to obtain because they don't make that many or don't have wide distribution or difficult to obtain because they're very expensive.   

IMO, the iPhone lost it's "cool factor" the day that it started to be sold as a subsidized phone.   That's when the masses started buying it. 

But there's a big difference between "cool factor" and success.   Apple has the success.   

Sadly, they are also aiming the OS to the masses, as opposed to keeping it clean and good.  Money is king, not quality.

• Reply 24 of 126
    Sadly, they are also aiming the OS to the masses, as opposed to keeping it clean and good.  Money is king, not quality.

Cry me a river...
  • Reply 25 of 126
    Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

...if they dont have a job, one shouldnt be able to afford the phone...

Welfare.

unless theyre independently wealthy, in which case youd think one would have better things to do with their time.

If you’re independently wealthy, the better things to do with your time involve things that you find fun. 

Personally, about the longest I'd be willing to wait on any line is 15 minutes, which is why in the years when I've bought a new phone, it's been in Nove

Better hope none of your friends are famous, then. I’d hate for their families to be disappointed in you when they die and you won’t wait in the procession line at their funeral.

I do find it remarkable that the iPhone, with basically incremental improvements, still garners so much excitement with each new model.   

Oh, yeah. iPhone 6. Really incremental. :no: 

• Reply 26 of 126
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Cry me a river...

Welcome to my block list.  

• Reply 27 of 126
    Does anyone doubt that Apple will sell as many as it can make for the foreseeable future? I think the only question is the breakdown of models sold, which will determine profit margin as well as availability. Right now, it looks like demand for the Plus is higher than what they planned for, but it might just be a manufacturing constraint issue, which no doubt will be resolved ASAP. Regardless, the Plus probably has better margins, so it's good to see that sales are brisk for those.
  • Reply 28 of 126

Longer lines than usual; demand higher than usual...

... and look at Apple stock!!  Wow!!

Oh...

Flatline.

Hmmmmmmmm...

• Reply 29 of 126
    Welcome to my block list.  

My pleasure.
  • Reply 30 of 126
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Longer lines than usual; demand higher than usual...

... and look at Apple stock!!  Wow!!

Oh...

Flatline.

Hmmmmmmmm...

Sigh.... yes, good point because the stock price is 100% a function of retail store lines.... *eyeroll*

If people here knew 1/10th as much about how the market works as they seem to know about how their phones work....

• Reply 32 of 126
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lowepg View Post

Sigh.... yes, good point because the stock price is 100% a function of retail store lines.... *eyeroll*

If people here knew 1/10th as much about how the market works as they seem to know about how their phones work....

Sigh... if you knew even 1/4 of what you think you know you'd shut the f*ck up.

• Reply 33 of 126
    dupe
  • Reply 34 of 126

"tens of hundreds" is a silly way to put it.  Was the retailer trying to minimize the apparent interest?  I agree, it gives the impression of a smaller number than saying "thousands", which is mathematically equivalent.

• Reply 35 of 126
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Sigh... if you knew even 1/4 of what you think you know you'd shut the f*ck up.

lol... stay classy!

poke you head out from your parent basement and enjoy the sunshine once in a while...

• Reply 36 of 126
    Most CEO will give up a n*t for this fanatic loyalty to a brand....
  • Reply 37 of 126
    [SIZE=5][B]Apple's Latest iPhone Release Failed to Meet Market Demand[/B][/SIZE]

Tens of thousands of people showed up today to witness Apple's disappointing iPhone release as they made one last attempt to copy the mighty Samsung.

/[B]S[/B]amsung
  • Reply 38 of 126
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by appleempl View Post

Looks bigger than last two years.

But eventually one year it will be smaller or at least equal, it's has to be, it's mathematical. Same with sales. But then people will say "Look! No more growth!"...

I fear that day because some people will be sooo annoying, and I think it might come soon.

• Reply 39 of 126

I loved this caption:

"Tens of hundreds" of Apple fans line up outside a reseller in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong."

Such failed hyperbole...

So, as the crowd thins out, will it become a crowd of 'ones of tens'?

• Reply 40 of 126
    Saw the phones.  Nice hardware.  Too bad they run what IMO is a horrible looking OS, so I'm not interested.  Millions are buying it, though.  Good for them.  I'll stick with my iPhone 5 running iOS6.

Haha. I take this to read "I hate change". I bet you're still using Mac OS 9.2.2.