iPhone 6 launch day scenes from Apple Stores around the world

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 126
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    What if for the first x-weeks of a major product release Apple no longer allows cash to be accepted. Certainly there are legitimate buyers that only have cash (perhaps they were given cash as a gift) so what if they were allowed to get a special Apple Store gift card that could be only funded by an electronic payment which would eleviate the anonymized nature of cash. Would that put a dent in the plans of those operating this system?

I don't think you can stop people from using cash. It is legal tender. As for buying gift cards, more hoops to have legit customers jump through.
  • Reply 122 of 126
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    jungmark wrote: »
    I don't think you can stop people from using cash. It is legal tender. As for buying gift cards, more hoops to have legit customers jump through.

Many airlines in the US don't accept cash for inflight purchases. (I have been told by flight attendants that the airlines seek tighter/easier inventory control.)

Many apartment complexes don't accept cash for rent payments. (They want the paper trail of proof.)
  • Reply 123 of 126

I believe the Coinage(?) Act of 1965(?) requires debtors to accept cash to pay a debt but a business doesn't have to accept your business simply because you have cash. They can also refuse your business if you try to pay in certain types of "cash," like trying to buy a boat with pennies.
  • Reply 124 of 126
    thompr wrote: »
    Many airlines in the US don't accept cash for inflight purchases. (I have been told by flight attendants that the airlines seek tighter/easier inventory control.)

Many apartment complexes don't accept cash for rent payments. (They want the paper trail of proof.)

True but those cases don't apply to Apple.
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I believe the Coinage(?) Act of 1965(?) requires debtors to accept cash to pay a debt but a business doesn't have to accept your business simply because you have cash. They can also refuse your business if you try to pay in certain types of "cash," like trying to buy a boat with pennies.

True but why doesn't Apple want to sell iPhones?

If you really want to pay for a boat with pennies, go ahead. I'm sure you'll have to stay until all the pennies are counted.
  • Reply 125 of 126
    True but why doesn't Apple want to sell iPhones?

No idea that you're getting at. Are you suggesting Apple couldn't sell enough iPhones in the opening weekend if the Chinese Mafia wasn't involved? I think you just wrote Samsung's next anti-Apple ad.
    If you really want to pay for a boat with pennies, go ahead. I'm sure you'll have to stay until all the pennies are counted.

If they take them. Again, they don't have to accept them. At some point the cost of doing business with some people is so high you lose money by doing business with them.