Rounding up some of the newest cases for Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

Comments

• Reply 41 of 189
    bsenka wrote: »
    The antenna bands are really ugly, I want a case, ANY case to cover those up right away. Adding a little thickness to a phone that is far too thin is an added bonus.

Bah! Who cares about antenna bands? You'd rather you couldn't make calls?
  • Reply 42 of 189
    Bah! Who cares about antenna bands? You'd rather you couldn't make calls?

I make calls just fine with a case on my phone.
  • Reply 43 of 189

You've missed the point. The point was the antenna bands, not the case.
  • Reply 44 of 189
    You've missed the point. The point was the antenna bands, not the case.

Yes, it was. They're ugly. That's why I'm covering them up. With a case. That allows phone calls without issue.
  • Reply 45 of 189

When do you look at them? it's the display you look at.

What is your suggestion? Don't use NFC or make the back out of plastic so it's one giant plastic band?
  • Reply 46 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

When you hold the 6, you'll realize it is not an easy thing to hold. It's too thin.

Also, while the mirror polished Apple logo looks great, it scratches if you breathe on it wrong.

And the antenna bands really don't look great.

I love the looks and thinness of it, actually (incl. the white bands that everyone seems to hate)! A matter of personal preference, I suppose.

What I do find incredibly annoying is the power button on the side: I keep turning the phone off accidentally. I am sure I'll get used to it, and start to hold it differently (although, when handing it to someone, and they don't realize the button has moved, they tend to turn it of accidentally as well). 

Related to the topic of iPhone cases, I do worry now about the Sena sleeve case that I ordered: I wonder if it will keep turning on the phone (especially in the beginning when the leather is still tight on the phone).

I am predicting side-button-gate.

Also, iTunes 11.4 with the iPhone 6 is a mess. I was with Apple Support for over three hours tying to figure out syncing issues, and the problems are still not fully resolved. Perhaps it's just my set-up, so I am not predicting iTunes-11.4-gate yet.

Add re. iTunes syncing issues: Looks like -- after a few more hours of Apple tech support -- the problem was with iOS 8 as it arrived installed on my iPhone. Reinstalled iOS 8, and everything was good to go. It thoroughly wasted my Saturday. That said, this phone has grown on me: it is just bloody beautiful. Also, the 'zoomed' (as opposed to 'standard') view setting is pure genius.

• Reply 47 of 189
    Yes, it was. They're ugly. That's why I'm covering them up. With a case. That allows phone calls without issue.

The bands are essential to the functioning of the device. That you believe they are "ugly" is irrelevant. Without them, you have an iPod.
  • Reply 48 of 189
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Unless you buy black any Apple leather case is like throwing $$ out the window. They have a shelf life of like 3 weeks before they get fugly beyond belief.

I wonder what kind of cases will be made for the iWatch?
  • Reply 49 of 189
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Unless you buy black any Apple leather case is like throwing $$ out the window. They have a shelf life of like 3 weeks before they get fugly beyond belief.

I wonder what kind of cases will be made for the iWatch?

The scuffing, scratches and overall wear is all part of the charm of leather.
  • Reply 50 of 189
    I find it odd that a lot of folks who refuse to use a case complain about others that do use them. I understand that having the phone naked shows off the design. The problem is these devices are very easy to get damaged, having a case is like having car insurance.

Those what if moments.
  • Reply 51 of 189
    vision33r wrote: »
    I find it odd that a lot of folks who refuse to use a case complain about others that do use them. I understand that having the phone naked shows off the design. The problem is these devices are very easy to get damaged, having a case is like having car insurance.

Those what if moments.

Why should anyone care what another person does with their phone? It's no one else's business.
  • Reply 52 of 189
    Why should anyone care what another person does with their phone? It's no one else's business.

Being the devils advocate:

• I'm Jack Bauer and I'm trying to stop a nuclear bomb that uses a cell phone as a trigger.
    • You're talking very loudly on your phone during a movie.

:D
  • Reply 53 of 189
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

This is the case I have (and recommend, for some) for my 5s.  I hope they have a 6 version when it's time for me to upgrade.  I like the subtle statement it makes (that no one has every noticed at my extremely "blue state" company).

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG452/cases

• Reply 54 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

A great way to make big phones even bigger.

sorry but accidents happen to all humans. I've dropped mine naked before and dont want to spend hundreds more on a pricey device.

• Reply 55 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

I wonder in particular how prone the 6 series will be to snapping in half. Being so thin with so much surface area to torque, I can imagine sliding a 6 plus in a tight front or back pocket, sitting down quickly and splitting that phone in two, possibly with injury to the person.

injury to the person! heavens, no! hasn't apple thought of this!?!?

lawd.

• Reply 56 of 189
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,108member
    I've had my 4s for a couple of years, with no case. I've dropped it once and it cracked the back glass, but I bought a replacement for about $5 on Amazon. iPhones are incredibly sleek and also quite durable on their own.
  • Reply 57 of 189
    I hope appleinsider can give some sort of suggestions not just compilation. These can be sorted e.g. Bulky but more protective cases and standard but thinner protections. And perhaps with appleinsiders experience over the year, which brand should be avoided e.g. I have a friend whose iPhone 5 was scratched so badly due to its "supposedly protective" loose case.
  • Reply 58 of 189
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    What gaudy, disgusting looking cases. The only decent looking one is Apple's.
  • Reply 59 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I just can't stand not seeing and feeling Jony's creations directly.

wow.mmmkay.

I'm loving my new ip6, but I cant really say its much of a work of art.... certainly not so much as to be afraid to cover any of it.

In fact, looking at the phone from a purely aesthetic angle, Id say it ranks as one of their poorer attempts. I think Jony was preoccupied with the Apple Watch instead (which I think DOES look gorgeous).

• Reply 60 of 189
    Sigh. I'm with you case-free folks - I never understood cases either.

It's a phone. You're gonna want a new one in another 3 years or less anyway. Yes, it will get a little scratched up - that means it's being used and that's GOOD THING.