Rounding up some of the newest cases for Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

Comments

• Reply 61 of 189
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I really like tough cases, especially the OtterBox, I just have one though and it's for my Kindle HDX, I have three cases for my Kindle for some reason, the Otter Box, the manufactures case called the butterfly l and a DoDo. Actually all of my device cases except for my Nokia's are from Dodo, I even had a custom one built for my Surface 3, I also just ordered one from Urban Gear for the Surface as well. My Nokia 1020 and 2520 just have their manufacture cases as the 2520 case has a built in keyboard in it and the 1020 is also camera grip with an extra battery. They don't need much else as their built like tanks, defiantly some of the toughest devices that I own. Anyway I recommend the DoDo case above the rest, especially for your iPhone 6 and iPad, they look great, just like a little hardback journal and are extremely well built, not to mention very comfortable to hold. Not cheap though but you also don't want any ole cl case for your shiny new gadget either.
    [IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0046/6182/products/Scholar_Family_a69061a9-6886-484d-af4c-f5a9ba6fae6b_1024x1024.jpg?v=1391635037[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0046/6182/products/DODOcase-Holiday-Front-Cover-Leather-Brown_2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1391635037[/IMG]

Leather protectors;
    [IMG]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0046/6182/products/LeatherBack_Family2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1411163017[/IMG]
  • Reply 62 of 189
    I love the looks and thinness of it, actually (incl. the white bands that everyone seems to hate)! A matter of personal preference, I suppose.

What I do find incredibly annoying is the power button on the side: I keep turning the phone off accidentally. I am sure I'll get used to it, and start to hold it differently (although, when handing it to someone, and they don't realize the button has moved, they tend to turn it of accidentally as well). 

Related to the topic of iPhone cases, I do worry now about the Sena sleeve case that I ordered: I wonder if it will keep turning on the phone (especially in the beginning when the leather is still tight on the phone).

I am predicting side-button-gate.

Also, iTunes 11.4 with the iPhone 6 is a mess. I was with Apple Support for over three hours tying to figure out syncing issues, and the problems are still not fully resolved. Perhaps it's just my set-up, so I am not predicting iTunes-11.4-gate yet.
    I'll sign up for side-button-gate. I keep hitting volume buttons while I push the sleep/wake button. When I have it cased, it's even harder to feel if I have a button under my finger. I think I like it on the side, but I'm having a hard time getting used to it.

I was wondering about the sync stuff, too. I don't remember having sync problems with past updates. It started asking me for an iCloud password for an email address that I haven't used in many years. I probably was using it at the time of my first iTunes Store purchases, but the ISP went out of business well before iCloud existed.
  • Reply 63 of 189

Apple care may be five times more expensive, but looks about a thousand times better.

• Reply 64 of 189
    mac_128 wrote: »
    I wonder in particular how prone the 6 series will be to snapping in half. Being so thin with so much surface area to torque, I can imagine sliding a 6 plus in a tight front or back pocket, sitting down quickly and splitting that phone in two, possibly with injury to the person.
    Sitting quickly or not, I hope people have the good sense to stand back up if they encounter resistance. I suppose something like that could happen if you fell on the pocket the phone was in, but I don't know that it's more of a risk than any other fragile and potentially injurious thing you might carry in a pocket.
  • Reply 65 of 189
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Unless you buy black any Apple leather case is like throwing $$ out the window. They have a shelf life of like 3 weeks before they get fugly beyond belief.

Simple solution: stop being dirty. :p

• Reply 66 of 189
    I love the Rokform cases; beautiful designs, fantastic protection and the magnetic mount is beyond handy.
  • Reply 67 of 189
    arlorarlor Posts: 532member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post

I find it odd that a lot of folks who refuse to use a case complain about others that do use them. I understand that having the phone naked shows off the design. The problem is these devices are very easy to get damaged, having a case is like having car insurance.

Car insurance doesn't turn a nice car into a cheap-looking piece of plastic and rubber.

• Reply 68 of 189
    "Of course, there are thousands of other iPhone 6 case options making their way to market."

And we'll be seeing all of them at CES.
    Half of the floor space at CES is for Apple accessories.
    Give or take.
  • Reply 69 of 189
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I was at my local Apple Store this evening. There were people still standing in line waiting to get a phone. I checked out the new phones and couple things struck me. One, the phone feels really good in the hand. I'm really digging the curves over the more boxy 5 style. Two, The phones look much better in person than they do in photographs. I'm still not super crazy about the antenna bands but they look much better in person than in photographs. This is even more noticeable with the camera bulge. Most photographs make the camera ring look like a big and thick eyesore. But when you're holding the phone in real life it's hardly noticeable, barely sticks out at all. The first thing the person I was with said when they picked up one of the phones is "wow I love how thin and light it is". They never once mentioned the antenna bands or the camera bulge. Considering the line to get in the store and how busy the store was I'm guessing Apple is going to report a blow away number on Monday. If my store in a shopping mall in not such a big city is packed I can only imagine what others stores are like.
  • Reply 70 of 189
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

One, the phone feels really good in the hand. I'm really digging the curves over the more boxy 5 style.

Coming directly from the first-gen, the iPhone 6 feels like home.

I'm still not super crazy about the antenna bands but they look much better in person than in photographs.

Yep. The curves (and straight parts) of the bands almost blend with the curvature (and straightness) of the phone itself.

But when you're holding the phone in real life it's hardly noticeable, barely sticks out at all. 

The best part is that Apple, unlike every other company, measures thickness using the camera lens, not the body. So it’s even thinner than my mockup was. Now if they would just make a DOCK FOR IT FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY.

• Reply 71 of 189
    [IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/49233/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
    It seems you forgot a good iphone 6 case, Ted Baker iphone 6 case, gizmodo recommended it here http://gizmodo.com/7-iphone-6-plus-cases-that-dont-suck-1636511967, and you can find it here http://www.case2case.net/brand-case/ted-baker-case.html
  • Reply 72 of 189
    All the covers shown for the iphone 6 are terrible looking! Makes the iPhone 6 look like a cheap budget phone. Yuck!
  • Reply 73 of 189
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Coming directly from the first-gen, the iPhone 6 feels like home.

Yep. The curves (and straight parts) of the bands almost blend with the curvature (and straightness) of the phone itself.

The best part is that Apple, unlike every other company, measures thickness using the camera lens, not the body. So it’s even thinner than my mockup was. Now if they would just make a DOCK FOR IT FOR THE LOVE OF HUMANITY.

I swear most of the photos out there are purposely zooming in on the camera and antenna bands to make them look worse than they are. Based on most photos I've seen I was expecting this huge camera bulge sticking out that I would absolutely hate but it was hardly noticeable at all. Made me wonder what all the fuss is (especially people like John Gruber and John Moltz chiding Apple for not "owning the bulge"). Seriously it doesn't stick out that much. It's not that noticeable. And like I said the person I was with never once commented on the camera or the antenna bands. They just drooled over how thin and light the phone was.
  • Reply 74 of 189
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I swear most of the photos out there are purposely zooming in on the camera and antenna bands to make them look worse than they are. Based on most photos I've seen I was expecting this huge camera bulge sticking out that I would absolutely hate but it was hardly noticeable at all. Made me wonder what all the fuss is (especially people like John Gruber and John Moltz chiding Apple for not "owning the bulge"). Seriously it doesn't stick out that much. It's not that noticeable. And like I said the person I was with never once commented on the camera or the antenna bands. They just drooled over how thin and light the phone was.

Most people in real life are not obsessive, unbalanced, mal-adjusted nutcases like those that bitch on the internet. I doubt 99% of people will give a shit about the bands, unlike the entire internet that has gone nuts over how "ugly" they look. This is by far the sleekest -and more importantly- most comfortable phone Apple has ever produced. 

• Reply 75 of 189
    What about Speck? I've got a Candyshell grip on my iphone 6. Feels good. www.speckproducts.com
  • Reply 76 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

All the covers shown for the iphone 6 are terrible looking! Makes the iPhone 6 look like a cheap budget phone. Yuck!

There are tons of new cases coming to the market, it won't be hard finding something you like.

• Reply 77 of 189
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

There are tons of new cases coming to the market, it won't be hard finding something you like.

Most of those look like shit too. Physical keyboard, really?

Oh, and I never understood the idiotic cutout for the Apple logo. So tacky, garrish, childish, and ugly. OMG IF I PUT A CASE ON HOW WILL EVERYONE KNOW FOR SURE THAT ITS AN IPHONE, I BETTER GET ONE WITH A USELESS CUTOUT! I'm shocked at how popular that design stupidity is. 

• Reply 78 of 189
    apple ][ wrote: »
    All of these cases ruin the natural good looks of the devices. Apple devices should be shown, not hidden.

This! I agree, never used a case nor protective film. It's like purchasing a Ferrari and put foam all around to protect it.

If you need a case, it means that device is not for you.
  • Reply 80 of 189
    bradipao wrote: »
    This! I agree, never used a case nor protective film. It's like purchasing a Ferrari and put foam all around to protect it.

If you need a case, it means that device is not for you.

Then why are you posting in a thread about iPhone cases, I never understood why people go out of their way to tell everyone they don't use something and then put those down who do use the item in question. The iPhone is really nice but it's not a rare and unique phone like say a Porsche Design or Vertu mobile, everyone and their mother has an iPhone. Putting a premium case on it not only protects it for future resale but helps distinguish your phone from the millions of others who have one as well. If the phone was say a Lumia 1020 then a case wouldn't matter as you could toss that thing off of a 2 story window and it would survive without any problems, an iPhone will crack if dropped more then a few feet, if your investment doesn't mean that much to you then by all means don't use a case but please keep it to yourself or start a new thread on how you shouldn't use a case as we in this thread want a case.