Rounding up some of the newest cases for Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

Comments

• Reply 81 of 189
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Most of those look like shit too. Physical keyboard, really?

Oh, and I never understood the idiotic cutout for the Apple logo. So tacky, garrish, childish, and ugly. OMG IF I PUT A CASE ON HOW WILL EVERYONE KNOW FOR SURE THAT ITS AN IPHONE, I BETTER GET ONE WITH A USELESS CUTOUT! I'm shocked at how popular that design stupidity is.

Which iPhone case do you currently use, it must be hand stitched leather from monks in some forbidden city where only one case is finished per month. You didn't have to make a snide comment about the kind of cases I posted, I was just showing you what's out there and wasn't advocating any particular model. I also spent time collecting those pictures and posting, so you could have showed a little appreciation, instead of going off on how ugly everything was. There is also nothing wrong in using a mechanical keyboard, I personally love them and can't wait till BlackBerry releases their new Passport series. As I type an obscene amount I will use anything that can potentially give me an edge, no one said you have to use one. Didn't your mother ever say to you, if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.
  • Reply 82 of 189
    I've encased my galaxy s5 in armour because I don't want to shell out 600 bucks again for face planting it on the sidewalk. Don't need a water resistant case as Samsung has built that in already.

My phone is made of glass and plastic, not cool aluminimum, but you would never know that because the case covers that up just like it would for an iOS phone!
  • Reply 83 of 189

I've always gone with the best leather sleeve I could get so the phone is held naked to be used.

These new iPhones are bigger though so now I'm ditching the wallet to make space for the bigger iPhone and getting a case for it that can hold cards too. I've gone with Pad & Quill to start with as they looked like the best I could find online at the time.

I totally agree that the curved design is much more comfortable to hold, much like the 3g/3gs were nicer to hold than the squarer 4/4s.

• Reply 84 of 189
    I've been thrown into a quandary.

I have an iPhone 5 with a BookBook case. It doubles as my wallet. But the iPhone 6 with BookBook will be far too bulky for my pocket. So I'll probably go back to a near-naked iPhone and a wallet.

As to cases, I'll probably end up with the Apple leather or silicon.
  • Reply 85 of 189
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    relic wrote: »
    Which iPhone case do you currently use, it must be hand stitched leather from monks in some forbidden city where only one case is finished per month. You didn't have to make a snide comment about the kind of cases I posted, I was just showing you what's out there and wasn't advocating any particular model. I also spent time collecting those pictures and posting, so you could have showed a little appreciation, instead of going off on how ugly everything was. There is also nothing wrong in using a mechanical keyboard, I personally love them and can't wait till BlackBerry releases their new Passport series. As I type an obscene amount I will use anything that can potentially give me an edge, no one said you have to use one. Didn't your mother ever say to you, if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Id assume he doesn't have a mother. He was likely born and put on a boat, because he talks like a sailor. ;)
  • Reply 86 of 189

Oh, and I never understood the idiotic cutout for the Apple logo. So tacky, garrish, childish, and ugly. OMG IF I PUT A CASE ON HOW WILL EVERYONE KNOW FOR SURE THAT ITS AN IPHONE, I BETTER GET ONE WITH A USELESS CUTOUT! I'm shocked at how popular that design stupidity is.

Heh. Good to see you taking down Slurpy a few notches.
  • Reply 87 of 189
    Just gotta add that the Spigen Neo Hybrid Case is the cheapest, best looking case. I have it and it works fine, calling back elements of the design while keeping it as thin as possible.

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-Spigen-Hybrid-4-7-Inch/dp/B00LL6ZPXY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411307460&sr=8-1&keywords=spigen iPhone 6 case
  • Reply 88 of 189

While slurpy could have been less salty, I do have to agree him. All those cases whose pictures you posted look pretty mediocre-to-bad.
  • Reply 89 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

While slurpy could have been less salty, I do have to agree him. All those cases whose pictures you posted look pretty mediocre-to-bad.

There's is no use complaining though, their not my favorites either I just posted the ones that haven't been already, however, that's pretty much it in terms of new cases for the iPhone 6 right now. The rest are pretty much just plain old plastic ones with graphics. Can I see that case that you have currently.

• Reply 90 of 189
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Sitting quickly or not, I hope people have the good sense to stand back up if they encounter resistance.
    Fair enough. But I would still like to see the sit tests, along with the inevitable "will it blend" and drop tests. Just what does it take to snap the 6 Plus in two? For instance, if it's laying on my couch and I happen to sit on it, as I have with my 4, will it crack? It's so light and thin I have to wonder if it will provide enough resistance in a pocket to alert someone before damage is done, whether it actually breaks apart or not. Then again, if this hasn't happened with a plastic-cased Galaxy or Note, which Apple has copied, then it probably won't happen.
  • Reply 91 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

There's is no use complaining though, their not my favorites either I just posted the ones that haven't been already, however, that's pretty much it in terms of new cases for the iPhone 6 right now. The rest are pretty much just plain old plastic ones with graphics. Can I see that case that you have currently.

I don't like to post pictures, but here's the one I have on order: the Heritage Ultraslim from Sena cases, cognac color: http://www.senacases.com/product/heritage-ultraslim-iphone-6/

However, I am suffering from doubt, since I have a feeling that the tight leather could cause an inadvertent on/off problem with the side button. So I may have to send it back.

For the moment, I am using a beautiful (but somewhat embroidered, so it looks a tad more feminine than I would like) raw silk sleeve case that I had previously got for my wife's 5S in India, but it's big enough to hold the 6 as well. I am actually rather liking getting used to it, so I might just stick with it until I find the right one.

• Reply 92 of 189
    Why buy a beautiful phone when you never get to enjoy its great look and design afterwards ? You might as well buy a Galaxy then.
  • Reply 93 of 189
    Originally Posted by heinrichz View Post

Why buy a beautiful phone when you never get to enjoy its great look and design afterwards ? You might as well buy a Galaxy then.

They make an iPhone 6 case that looks like a band-aid.

• Reply 94 of 189
    heinrichz wrote: »

Some will find this funny

• Reply 95 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Some will find this funny

NERD!

• Reply 96 of 189
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

They make an iPhone 6 case that looks like a band-aid.

• Reply 97 of 189
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

[image]

I meant more that it looks like a Galaxy.

• Reply 98 of 189
    The bands are essential to the functioning of the device. That you believe they are "ugly" is irrelevant. Without them, you have an iPod.

Now you're just making things up. Many phones exist without visible bands. They are not in any way necessary. If I can enclose them in a case and have full functionality, so can Apple.
  • Reply 99 of 189
    bsenka wrote: »
    Now you're just making things up. Many phones exist without visible bands. They are not in any way necessary. If I can enclose them in a case and have full functionality, so can Apple.

Show me a smartphone with NFC that has an all metal casing.
  • Reply 100 of 189
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Show me a sm0artphone with NFC that has an all metal casing.

The HTC One (M8)

LG G3

Huawei Ascend G7

The new Galaxy S5 Prime

Lenovo Z2

Lenovo X2

Sony Z3