PayPal purportedly cut out of Apple Pay due to partnership with Samsung

Comments

• Reply 21 of 175
    Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

I have zero intention of using either one of them. Are we realy so lazy as a country that we're physically incapable of reaching into our wallets and pulling out credit/debit cards?

Zero to do with laziness.

• Reply 22 of 175

Of course not.

So if the Partnership with Samsung exclude Paypal from Apple Pay, Other Credit Card / bank that sign with Samsung should be exclude too.

That is what the title of the article mean to me: everybody that sign with samsung will be excluded.

To me, the reason PayPal is not on Apple Pay has nothing to do with the fact they sign with Samsung,

it just because Apple did want them at all.

• Reply 23 of 175

You know Paypal have Ninja's watch over your personal information and they claim they never share your personal information with any on line merchants.

Are they serious, if you click on paypal to pay an online merchant they send them your name your address so you do not have to enter online. Yeah they are not sharing your information. I only use paypal when I buy stuff form an online merchant which I do not do regular business, since I do not want them have all my personal information along with my CC stuff. It is nice level of protect and Paypal will refund you money if the merchant messes with you. But they can not claim they protect all your personal information how else can someone ship you a product with they do not know who you are.

Ichan my not be happy about this as well since id loves apple and he forces Paypal and Ebay to part ways. I bet when he hear that Paypal went with Samsung some interesting call happen in the last few weeks.

• Reply 24 of 175

PayPal thought they could have their cake and eat it too, I guess.  Well they thought wrong! I'd bet that Apple dumping PayPal is 90% of the reason Ebay wants to dump PayPal... Ebay realizes where the money is. I was against Ebay buying PayPal in the first place; it put too much of a transaction into 3rd party hands.

• Reply 25 of 175
     So if the Partnership with Samsung exclude Paypal from Apple Pay, Other Credit Card / bank that sign with Samsung should be exclude too.

That is what the title of the article mean to me: everybody that sign with samsung will be excluded.

To me, the reason PayPal is not on Apple Pay has nothing to do with the fact they sign with Samsung,

Think about what you asked and the conclusions you're jumping to. Apple has already signed up with the multinationals and the multinationals are already working through PayPal in various ways, so for your query to be valid it means that PayPal signing up with Samsung means they the multinationals will either have to back out of deals with Apple or back out of deals with PayPal who is partnered with Samsung. That's not how the multinationals work.
  • Reply 26 of 175
    I'm pleased that Apple didn't go with PayPal.
  • Reply 27 of 175
    1. Make bed
    2. Sleep in it
  • Reply 28 of 175
    PayPal is creepy. Nothing lost there. Stick to your guns, Apple!
  • Reply 29 of 175

The article merely insinuated causal relation between the two events, citing "sources familiar with the matter." They may not be familiar with Apple's motivation, only that these events took place.

And even Apple uses Samsung as a supplier.
  • Reply 30 of 175
    I have zero intention of using either one of them. Are we realy so lazy as a country that we're physically incapable of reaching into our wallets and pulling out credit/debit cards?

Card skimmers love you. Stay foolish.
  • Reply 31 of 175

I was already on the verge of dumping PayPal. I tired of having to find the "no thanks" in very small font to bypass their ad pages before I could actually pay. This seals it.

I bet they will get slimier now.

• Reply 32 of 175
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Think about what you asked and the conclusions you're jumping to. Apple has already signed up with the multinationals and the multinationals are already working through PayPal in various ways, so for your query to be valid it means that PayPal signing up with Samsung means they the multinationals will either have to back out of deals with Apple or back out of deals with PayPal who is partnered with Samsung. That's not how the multinationals work.

You are right, I forgot that PayPal use credit card. So Paypal fit in another category and  now I understand it is possible to refuse Paypal because they sign with Samsung but still accept others who did. 

• Reply 33 of 175
    ibeamibeam Posts: 322member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bubffm View Post

No need for Appel pay to have Paypal if you have the big credit card co.s on board. Paypal is much more vital for low income Samsung customers not in possiession of premium credit cards.

PayPal is very useful for private citizens who do not accept credit cards to be able to pay each other over the internet.

• Reply 34 of 175
    ibeam wrote: »
    PayPal is very useful for private citizens who do not accept credit cards to be able to pay each other over the internet.

With companies like Square, Stripe and similar these days there is no reason that "private citizens" can not easily accept credit cards.

PayPal is an awful company masquerading around like a bank without the regulations or guarantees of a bank. There are countless stories of PayPal freezing merchants accounts for weeks or months at a time, removing money from linked bank accounts.
  • Reply 35 of 175
    This is off topic, but why isn't Appleinsider reporting anything about the Samsung's Gapgate??
  • Reply 36 of 175
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryant NorCal View Post

Not a good move Apple! Sure Samsung is a troll but dont hold it against PayPal.

Paypal made a deal with Samsung while they were in talks with Apple. Why the **** shouldnt they hold it against them"? Paypal made their bed, and it was the wrong one.  Everyone knows how shit the fingerprint sensor is on the S5, for example. They showed they have little vision and insight. Now, they will pay for it. Glad Apple completely dropped them. 

• Reply 37 of 175
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by realjustinlong View Post

With companies like Square, Stripe and similar these days there is no reason that "private citizens" can not easily accept credit cards.

Even if you don't want to accept credit cards, there are better services than paypal. Square does cash too: Square.com/cash .

• Reply 38 of 175
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member

You must walk every where than!
  • Reply 39 of 175
    john12345 wrote: »
    This is off topic, but why isn't Appleinsider reporting anything about the Samsung's Gapgate??

That's the different between having the mindshare and not having the mindshare. People care more about invented issues with Apple over real issues with a company that has no significant mindshare. You even see the media drawing lines to connect Apple just to make a story relevant.
  • Reply 40 of 175
    Can't wait to ditch PayPal. Trashy site, trashy iOS app. The only reason I've kept them on is that they can act as a buffer between my financial data and many retail websites, especially non-US ones, that I do not really know well. The only credit card I have on there is one I do not use anywhere else.

Let's hope ApplePay proves to be everything it promises to be and more. And quickly. I hate to say this, but given the history of some of Apple's less-than-stellar networked offerings (e.g., the whole series of DotMac/iDisk/MobileMe etc., iTunes Match, the increasingly bloated and dysfunctional iTunes, Ping, iCloud, iWork in the cloud), I will wait a few months to form my judgment.