Apple expected to hold iPad & Retina iMac event on Oct. 16

Comments

• Reply 41 of 184
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Hopefully they release Yosemite when ready. Not on that day. Apples release schedules shouldn't be tied to hardware. Specifically unrelated hardware.
  • Reply 42 of 184
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Not suggesting there is a chance for any of this but here is my wish list:
    1. 5K iMac
    2. 5K 27" Monitor
    3. New Apple TV
    4. iPad Pro 12"
    5. I liked the idea of using the touch id on all Mac models...
    6. MacPro Update

I would also like to see 4k movies on iTunes

I like your wish list.

You left out teleportation, a cure-for-cancer, and an end to fighting all around the world.

????
  • Reply 43 of 184
    I've been holding off buying a new Apple TV for a while in hopes of an updated one with all the Homekit bells and whistles, so only a a few weeks to wait. I will be getting a new iPad so my Air that my girlfriend has all but confiscated can be hers full time!!
  • Reply 44 of 184
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Hopefully they release Yosemite when ready. Not on that day. Apples release schedules shouldn't be tied to hardware. Specifically unrelated hardware.

The rumor is that Yosemite will be released on the 20th, so it fits. Then again, all of this is fabricated so of course it fits.

The GM’s not ready. Notification Center REARRANGES YOUR WIDGETS ON EVERY BOOT. It has in every single DP. I don’t get it; how has no one fixed this?

Release versions of Safari will ERASE your existing open tabs when you open a folder of bookmarks.

DP1 and 2’s Safari would KEEP THOSE TABS OPEN and just add your new tabs. All subsequent DPs went back to the old way. HOW IS THAT GOOD?!

Dark Mode also has a bug involving favicons. They’re dimmed out–showing the wrong color–until you hover on them. And Safari doesn’t even SAVE some of them across launches. I don’t get it.

Yes, just about everything else is solid, but come on. These little details are what make it.

• Reply 45 of 184
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maccaguy View Post

I will be getting a new iPad so my Air that my girlfriend has all but confiscated can be hers full time!!

Same thing here! I bought an original iPad mini when it first came out, and I've maybe used it twice. It was immediately confiscated.

• Reply 46 of 184
    @Tallest Skil Yeah. They are in danger of harming the brand. The hardware is always top notch. ( Bendgate was just click bait) but the software can be lagging. Apple need to release when ready. Internal deadlines for sure. Bonuses gained in meeting them fine. But if there's a serious problem don't release. A week or two can make a huge difference.

iOS is tightly coupled with the hardware releases. Most people are happy with 8.0.2. 8.0.1 was a disaster and 8.0 removed functionality. That's about 2 weeks difference from 8.0 to 8.0.2

OSX isn't coupled to hardware releases. So take the extra time.

Btw the forums have more serious bugs than you mentioned which should be blockers ( although I haven't seen em).
  • Reply 47 of 184
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,348member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The latter won’t happen unless the former has H.265 support.

IT BETTER HAVE H.265 SUPPORT.

I’d also love for it to have an nVidia 9xx series chip so that I can get a 970 for my Mac Pro

Not hardware support by any means.

A little searching shows a hybrid approach in Broadwell (mix of hardware and software) and full hardware support in Skylake. AMD doesn't yet.

In the meantime, no reason that a software decoder wouldn't work, albeit 4K would be using lots of CPU/GPU resources. Would Apple provide that as part of Quicktime?

• Reply 48 of 184
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TechProd1gy View Post

Not suggesting there is a chance for any of this but here is my wish list:

6. MacPro Update

I think that the Pro is Apple's technology showcase, and won't be updated until mid-2015 when Thunderbolt 3 is ready to go.

• Reply 49 of 184
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,034member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CanukStorm View Post

I don't think so.  I was under the impression that the TouchID secure enclave was "baked" onto the A7 / A8 SoC.  If that's the case, you won't see Macs with TouchID until they (if they) adopt Apple's custom ARM chips.

It just occurred to me that Apple could potentially implement TouchID on the Mac using the TPM platform, which I think has been on the Mac motherboard since the switch to Intel.  I know the first Macbook Pro had it but I don't know about subsequent models.

• Reply 50 of 184
    Attention YouTube channels: make big $$$ by bending a new 5K iMac! Haters gonna troll.
  • Reply 51 of 184
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleGreen View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by williamh View Post

No rumors to this effect, but I think it's time they added Touch ID to all Macs as well. That is the feature I am hoping for. We wouldn't use Apple Pay but we could use it to authenticate to the computer, to access keychain, websites, etc.

Where would you put the Touch ID?

Macbook Pro/Air - next to the trackpad would make sense.

iMac - mouse? trackpad? keyboard? chin?

Mac mini - mouse? trackpad? keyboard?

iMac—on the back, next to the power socket.

• Reply 52 of 184
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

on the back

Is funny joke. Much laughter had.

Put it under the Apple logo. Then it really becomes Apple Pay.

• Reply 53 of 184
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepInsider View Post

Just bought a 27" iMac :grumble:

That's okay.

You're still allowed to buy another one in two weeks' time, as the one you've just bought will be out of date.

• Reply 54 of 184
    Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I love the aTV in the photo, hoping we get an update.

I bought the iphone 6+ yesterday, the store still had inventory at 4 pm because they received a huge shipment.   I reserved it for pick up at 4:30 pm, and when I got there, there was a freaking line to get iphones just like on launch day.  The store was completly pack, good thing they didnt launch new ipads yet.

I love my new phone, but 128g + apple care + case + sales tax = $1400.  ouch.

+travel costs for when you need to go to an Apple Store to replace it due to bending.

• Reply 55 of 184
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

Merely a few days

till my investment in ?Pays

off?

• Reply 56 of 184
    Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

Better perform better than a MBA!!!!

the funny thing is I will need a MBA too.  I plan on using it for 30 minutes in my 50 min commute train ride.

And bending it for the other 20 minutes.

• Reply 57 of 184
    [QUOTE name="pazuzu" url="/t/182659/apple-expected-to-hold-ipad-retina-imac-event-on-oct-16#post_2612470"]
    Looking forward to a retina iMac. Here's hoping Apple improves the speakers and the fingerprint/streaking issue of the current display.[/QUOTE]

Well, the best speaker was always Steve Jobs, so there's not much Apple can do about that.

The fingerprint issue will probably be resolved by keeping the iMac non-touchscreen, so that you don't need to put your fingerprints on it.
  • Reply 58 of 184
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Not in this case. They need to release it, bugs and all. I need iCloud Drive.

• Reply 59 of 184

Not in this case. They need to release it, bugs and all. I need iCloud Drive.

You don't need it if it is eating your data.
  • Reply 60 of 184
    I'm looking forward to more Benjamin Frost 'bend' jokes they will never get old.
    Hey Ben, I wonder - if Apple were to design a CAR . . . It might BEND !

Ha ha Brilliant !

Hey I got another one . . . If Apple release a 4k monitor watch out everyone !!! It might BEND !
    This could go on and on. . . limitless hilarity for all !

Hooray for Ben - the Mr Saturday Night of AI !

/s