Samsung Galaxy Note 4 delivers poor graphics performance vs. Apple iPhone 6 Plus

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 247
    hill60 wrote: »

That is the best from about 50 photo's, it was taken at full eclipse, to give some idea of how little light there was you can see stars in the picture, most of the rest had double images due to movement of the shutter.

I'm guessing you didn't have a tripod, ladder, ledge, whatever at hand to take a longer exposure... so the one picture is very nice indeed!
    I could have cropped for one third rule but wanted an uncomfortable emptiness.

Rules are meant to be broken if you can justify and answer "why": you just did... and you're right! It does create an unnerving emptiness and pardon me for not noticing that in the first place. Been training the young folk too much, who don't often know "the common rules", have an answer to "why", and when it's OK and even advisable to ignore them in the name of individual style and artistic expression.
  • Reply 242 of 247
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

I'm guessing you didn't have a tripod, ladder, ledge, whatever at hand to take a longer exposure... so the one picture is very nice indeed!

Rules are meant to be broken if you can justify and answer "why": you just did... and you're right! It does create an unnerving emptiness and pardon me for not noticing that in the first place. Been training the young folk too much, who don't often know "the common rules", have an answer to "why", and when it's OK and even advisable to ignore them in the name of individual style and artistic expression.

It was on a tripod, the exposure was several seconds the shutter and maximum zoom made for a lot of multiple exposures caused by shutter movement.

• Reply 243 of 247
    ifan really bias and cheat.
    http://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx30&os=Android&api=gl&D=Samsung Galaxy S5 (Adreno%20420%2C%20SM-G901)

with qualcomm s805 using 28nm knockout 20nm ip6 .

and you can see with QHD, onscreen and offscreen have low score with the same cpu. if ip6 run QHD. maybe 5f/s.
  • Reply 244 of 247
    The name of the site says it all...
  • Reply 245 of 247
    Can someone tell me how this "poor engineering choice" affects day to day use? I have a few businessman friends with notes who never touch games. What other areas does the poor design choice affect? Or will the average user never really notice?
  • Reply 246 of 247
    I read this article carefully since it caught my eye but im not sure what to make out of it. Ive used iphones for many years but when i went to the store to upgrade after i took my time and compared both phones side by side, all i could notice was how gorgeous and superior the Galaxy Note 4 display is it really makes the iphone 6 plus look like a stretched out 640p old phone display. Note 4 videos and cameras are rather breathtaking and the device itself feels so nice in my small hands unlike the slippery awkward iphone. Im not sure if I care anymore about any benchmarks reports it just doesnt even make much sense when comparing both brand new phones on even apps. In fact many of my friends are now switching to Samsung after i showed them my new Note 4. The iphone 6 plus display and videos seem rather dull and buggy whereas the Note 4 colors and detailed resolution are so vivid and impressive. And i just paired it to the Gear S i just bought I feel so spoiled now lol. I dont believe i will ever go back to iphones. Good article above maybe from a marketing prespective but it seems rather useless and questionably in practicality.