Google to resurrect Bump app as "Copresence," like Apple's AirDrop without privacy

Comments

• Reply 41 of 136
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Another instance of you making things way too personal, and unnecessarily so. Not being anti-Google does not equate to being anti-Apple. As I said in an earlier post to you today Apple isn't the underdog anymore and hasn't been for quite a few years now.
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/183175/google-ceo-larry-page-invokes-steve-jobs-in-interview-defends-ambitious-google-x-projects/40#post_2633031

If you can't or would rather not take to time to refute things I've posted fair enough. If you expect a tit-for-tat exchange of trollish posts instead I'd defer to you sir. I'd rather not play.

Too personal? Did you read your post to DED? I see nothing in my post close to personal compared to your attack on DED on this very page. My point was heart felt, I would have thought chatting with fellow Google lovers might be more rewarding that's all!

I read what you posted there and realize that you characterize me in a way so far off target it is no wonder we cannot communicate. My only objection to your posts is you react to every post that is pro Apple with sarcasm, put downs and references to anything you can dredge up. You have begun emboldening type and next I am expecting the caps lock, in making your posts. Just go back and look at the one in this thread. I will always counter anything i see by you I see as negative not because Apple is an underdog but because I disagree with what you say.

BTW you just called me a troll. Irony at its best!
  • Reply 42 of 136
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Stating the obvious isn't something I would normally bother with but occasionally it is necessary.

Case in point: This from you to DED ... hardly grasshopper speak ... ;) I removed the 'bold' shouty bits.

"DED, thanks for the heads-up of a rumor and your take on what the rumor might mean, what Google might possibly be able to do with it and how it might work if Google designs it to do so. All according to rumor. Or not. And throw in some half-truths for good measure, ie " collecting and selling user data and user-facing ads.", or "Google demonizing patents."

Gotta start the FUD early, nip this stuff in the bud. No sense waiting for facts to get in the way of a good ol' Sunday click-bait opportunity .

We've seen all this before."

I go back to my first reply ... 'Why don't you start your own web site where people that give a shit about Google can go and all chat together?'

He can't always hit home-runs. Sometimes a bunt is all there is. He still carries a decent average.

If you take a few minutes to go over your post history the past couple of weeks you may surprise yourself with how many appear in hindsight to be trolling, intended simply to get a reaction and adding no substance. .I'd not noticed that until somewhat recently and had never considered you anything other than an upstanding AI member.
  • Reply 43 of 136
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Perhaps it's time you actually started listening and leaning [sic] from PED and DED.

Couldn't agree more. (Although, PED should be a little more discerning on the financial front..... sometimes his judgments in that area are less than well-informed).

• Reply 44 of 136
    Couldn't agree more. (Although, PED should be a little more discerning on the financial front..... sometimes his judgments in that area are less than well-informed).

And we agree yet again. I've learned a lot from DED. He's not infallible tho, none of us are. He states things best when he keeps things succinct while avoiding the personal insults. That seems fairly rare for him IMO.
  • Reply 45 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

And we agree yet again. I've learned a lot from DED. He's mot infallible tho, none of us are.

Not entirely.

I believe DED is spot on 99.97% of the time.:D 

• Reply 46 of 136

I don't know ... 'leaning' works LOL

I agree DED is the man, but I like PED too for the financial stuff. But tonight thanks to @WhiteFalcon I have some new writers. It's been a good evening!
  • Reply 47 of 136
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

He states things best when he keeps things succinct. 

(I notice you added to your original post).

He isn't the best when it comes to succinct-ery. For me, that's his charm.

• Reply 48 of 136
    Not entirely.

I believe DED is spot on 99.97% of the time.:D  

;)
  • Reply 49 of 136
    I prefer lengthy articles. People's ever shortening attention spans are killing quality content.
  • Reply 50 of 136
    He can't always hit home-runs. Sometimes a bunt is all there is. He still carries a decent average.

If you take a few minutes to go over your post history the past couple of weeks you may surprise yourself with how many appear in hindsight to be trolling, intended simply to get a reaction and adding no substance. .I'd not noticed that until somewhat recently and had never considered you anything other than an upstanding AI member.

I am shocked, having read the definition of 'trolling' quite recently I cannot remember any time I did any of the following: Other than the last part (otherwise disrupt ...) where at around 500 posts in a good thread the few of us left standing did get into some lateral topics which we all acknowledged were a bit OT at the time, but interesting never-the-less..

In Internet slang, a troll (/?tro?l/, /?tr?l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

If I am a troll I would hope the Mods here would tell me. I would applogise and mend my ways. IMHO I have only tried (whenever i see them and have time), to counter your continual undermining of every post that is pro Apple.

But ... if my standing in your eyes is down somewhat recently, then I am truly devastated. Is that considered English humor or trolling sarcasm? :D
  • Reply 51 of 136
    I am shocked, having read the definition of 'trolling' quite recently I cannot remember any time I did any of the following:

...deliberate intent of provoking ... an emotional response .

But ... if my standing in your eyes is down somewhat recently, then I am truly devastated. Is that considered English humor or trolling sarcasm? :D

No that's definitely dry British humor. :)
  • Reply 52 of 136
    No that's definitely dry British humor. :)

What can i say, it's a gift I was born with ... ;)

BTW In my case, 'English' not British'. The humor varies by country in the UK IMHO.
  • Reply 53 of 136
    edit::
  • Reply 54 of 136
    edit::

Wow your sig is #1 ... and I quote : Top 10 Most Sinister PSYOPS Mission Patches #1: melior diabolus quem scies. (The Devil You Know)
    Care to share? Must be a Google joke I assume. ;)
  • Reply 55 of 136
    Wow your sig is #1 ... and I quote : Top 10 Most Sinister PSYOPS Mission Patches #1: melior diabolus quem scies. (The Devil You Know)
    Care to share? Must be a Google joke I assume. ;)

Nope. It was from a gps satellite mission launch I attended as a member of the press, partnered with one of your countrymen a couple years ago. It is NOT an easy or quick task to get a security clearance, but that's a good thing. Particularly cool was the opportunity to spend time on the pad itself within a couple dozen feet of the launch ready rocket.
  • Reply 56 of 136
    We are the Google. Lower your firewalls and surrender your data. We will add your personal pictures and thoughts to our databank. Your information will be sold to suit us. Resistance is futile.

Damn I miss the Borg! :D
  • Reply 57 of 136
    Nope. It was from a gps satellite mission launch I attended as a member of the press, partnered with one of your countrymen a couple years ago.

Cool.

So what a coincidence though eh? 'Do no Evil' and 'Better the Devil you know' ...

Oh so you are press? Care to tell us more? No wonder an illiterate like me gets floor wiped by your writing skills. Kind of unfair ... :\

Edit got Google's moto wrong! :no:
  • Reply 58 of 136
    Cool.

So what a coincidence though eh? 'Do no Evil' and 'Better the Devil you know' ...

Oh so you are press? Care to tell us more? No wonder an illiterate like me gets floor wiped by your writing skills. Kind of unfair ... :\

Edit got Google's moto wrong! :no:

I liked the access and the inside stories but not so much the reporting itself. So no, I'm not a reporter and don't care to be.
  • Reply 59 of 136
    I liked the access and the inside stories but not so much the reporting itself. So no, I'm not a reporter and don't care to be.

OK.
  • Reply 60 of 136
    Damn I miss the Borg! :D

I've seen all the films (well, not the latest Abrams disaster) and I'm making my way through TNG now. Just started season 3.

Watched the films for years though. Just never had watched the series, but thanks to Netflix that's possible now.