Google to resurrect Bump app as "Copresence," like Apple's AirDrop without privacy

Comments

• Reply 81 of 136
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    I've seen all the films (well, not the latest Abrams disaster) and I'm making my way through TNG now. Just started season 3.

Watched the films for years though. Just never had watched the series, but thanks to Netflix that's possible now.

Season 3 is where TNG hits its stride.
  • Reply 82 of 136
    jungmark wrote: »
    Season 3 is where TNG hits its stride.

That's what everyone says. The last episode of season 2 was laughable, it was just a glorified clip show. Not that I don't like Riker, but it was an oddball one.
  • Reply 83 of 136
    There are some good ones, obviously The City On The Edge of Forever being the gold standard.
    That doesn't mean he is correct. Besides, if Google hadn't gone after Apple then Microsoft, or Palm, or BlackBerry would he the number two player today. Apple was never going to dominate 95% of the market simply because they're not a low end player, and they don't appeal to everyone. And by launching Android they cut their own throats, by losing iOS users, which is where the real money is. One report said that Google lost 85% of Maps traffic from iOS after Apple Maps launched.

I will have to check that out, not ringing any bells ...

I always remember the one where a planet is divided and destroying itself in war ... one between folks who are half white and half black, can't remember the title. Seen that one? Kirk say's, 'but you are the same?' The response .. "What? ...Look ..he is white on the left ... I'm white on the right!"

I may have. I've seen about two thirds of the first season, a few scattered episodes after that.

Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

E plebnista ...

Ay plegli ianectu flaggen, tupep like for stahn ...
  • Reply 84 of 136

E plebnista ...

Ay plegli ianectu flaggen, tupep like for stahn ...

You speak the holy words.
  • Reply 85 of 136
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    That's what everyone says. The last episode of season 2 was laughable, it was just a glorified clip show. Not that I don't like Riker, but it was an oddball one.

They ran out of money in their season budget. Hence cheap clips. I've wiped that episode from my mind.
  • Reply 86 of 136
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Why don't you start your own web site where people that give a shit about Google can go and all chat together?

No need. There's 9to5Google.com.

If you stop to listen, you'll hear the crickets chirping.

• Reply 87 of 136
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

btw-

There is no 'Private Sector'...

Tell that to my crotch.Yes, that’s just about the stupidest joke I’ve ever done.

just Googled it - no hits...

guess I was wrong.

• Reply 88 of 136
    Guys just look how pathetic are you .. Google monitors your transactions ? Millions .. yes Milllions use google wallet without a problem . and how could you even say Google will monitor your transactions ? Apple is such a small thing compared google . Biased writers biased people . You just dont want to live in reality .. God help you.
  • Reply 89 of 136

From the wonderful world of Internet:

"Google has turned into nosy busybody neighbor/peeping Tom/creepy uncle of the technology world and I avoid using their services whenever possible. When not possible I usually feel like I need to scrub with Brillo or get a hepatitis shot afterwards.

I truly wonder if Google is capable of doing something benign and not self-serving."

"I don’t want my data exploited by Google or anyone else. People don’t trust Google, it’s as simple as that."

"Hopefully Apple comes up with a way to block it."

"Why would I want to connect my iPhone with a dirty Android???"

:smokey:

• Reply 90 of 136
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member

Erich Schmidt will be copresent in all your daily activities! Enjoy !:smokey:

• Reply 91 of 136
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    shsf wrote: »
    Erich Schmidt will be copresent in all your daily activities! Enjoy !:smokey:

Now that's disturbing !
    I curse you for that thought. :D

shudder
  • Reply 92 of 136
    I thought they changed the name from [I] Bump [/I] to [I] Hump ...[/I]

Guess I was just dreaming!
  • Reply 93 of 136
    As linked in the article:

Google's efforts to monetize its Android user base with deep links between the company's public services and social profiles has resulted in a variety of privacy concerns, including one highlighted by ZDNet blogger Violet Blue earlier this year.

The linked article is absolutely a must-read.

Wow, that is a good read.

NFC ?Pay is gaining traction now although everywhere most retail clerks insist it either doesn't work or no one uses the terminals. The retail clerks are all astonished that those terminals work. I just returned from a Chevron station where the clerk insisted that mobile payments don't work. I told him I just used it last week. He continued to insist that it doesn't work. He look dumbfounded when ... it just worked.

Same here! I went to mcdonalds, 2 women were at the window. I said that I was going to use my phone to pay. One woman looked confused for a second, and then rudely said no and turned away. The other woman waited a second and harshly told the first lady, let him use his phone. She then held the nfc scanner outside and I used my phone to pay. I wouldn't have cared if both of them said not to use my phone, I would have just called the manager.
  • Reply 94 of 136
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Gotta start the FUD early, nip this stuff in the bud. No sense waiting for facts to get in the way of a good ol' Sunday click-bait opportunity .

We've seen all this before. ;)

Why don't you start your own web site where people that give a shit about Google can go and all chat together?

Yeah ... a MonoBlog ...

GG's been on my block list for years.
  • Reply 95 of 136
    paul94544 wrote: »
    Tim Cook, Schmitt are all "Agents" of the system. Their game is "MIND CONTROL" They are all carrying out the orders from their masters even if they are not conscious of it. We are all controlled and its okay. Accept it there is nothing you can do about it at all, just be amused and watch the show. As George Carlin said "Its a freak show, We in USA get a front row seat"

I've seen some of Carlins stuff when he's older - very paranoid. But if that's ur thought, do what we in the south do, buy guns and use ur constitutional right to bear arms - heck u can form a militia, it's legal.
  • Reply 96 of 136
    gatorguy wrote: »

removed

Cool.

So what a coincidence though eh? 'Do no Evil' and 'Better the Devil you know' ...

Oh so you are press? Care to tell us more? No wonder an illiterate like me gets floor wiped by your writing skills. Kind of unfair ... :\

Edit got Google's moto wrong! :no:

@digi ...

GoogleGuy is a troll -- and when you quote him in a post, he succeeds -- in spite of those of us have him blocked!
  • Reply 97 of 136
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">btw-</span>

There is no 'Private Sector'...

Tell that to my crotch.Yes, that’s just about <strong style="color:rgb(255,255,255);font-style:normal;line-height:normal;">the</strong>
    <span style="text-decoration:underline;color:rgb(255,255,255);line-height:normal;">stupidest</span>
    joke I’ve ever done.

... Only the lonely ...
  • Reply 98 of 136
    I've seen all the films (well, not the latest Abrams disaster) and I'm making my way through TNG now. Just started season 3.

Watched the films for years though. Just never had watched the series, but thanks to Netflix that's possible now.

I hear you. I am a total sci-fi junky and Netflix is a dream come true! Just went through 'The 100' in two nights!

To think there was a time I had to finish my home work before I could watch the weekly Star Trek episode back in the 1960s ... :\

To get back OT, those links you sent are amazing! Really putting Google and Android in perspective.

Cordwainer Smith
  • Reply 99 of 136
    paul94544 wrote: »
    Tim Cook, Schmitt are all "Agents" of the system. Their game is "MIND CONTROL" They are all carrying out the orders from their masters even if they are not conscious of it. We are all controlled and its okay. Accept it there is nothing you can do about it at all, just be amused and watch the show. As George Carlin said "Its a freak show, We in USA get a front row seat"

I've seen some of Carlins stuff when he's older - very paranoid. But if that's ur thought, do what we in the south do, buy guns and use ur constitutional right to bear arms - heck u can form a militia, it's legal.

Yeah, but Carlin knows all the words to ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay ...

Apologies to Buffalo Bob!
  • Reply 100 of 136
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Yeah, but Carlin knows all the words to ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay ...

Apologies to Buffalo Bob!
    Doesn't seem like it's already been six years since he passed away, and at a relatively young age.