Sony renting 'The Interview' for $6 on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox & Crackle, but not iTunes

2456714

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 280
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Hollywood hates iTunes.
    ITunes movies rarely included in Blurays anymore except Disney.
  • Reply 22 of 280
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post



    this would've been a great chance to make a statement to any country that tries to stifle our freedom of speech. 

     

    That's a bunch of BS. Had this movie been about something else (a certain, violent and primitive religion comes to mind), then Obama would be condemning this movie. This isn't about free speech, it's about hypocritical liberals doing what they do best, being complete hypocrites.

  • Reply 23 of 280
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Good for Apple for refusing to make this movie available! I have zero desire to watch it. I don't give a crap if the rental were .99 cents!

    The whole way that the situation around the movie was handled was pathetic, and this movie will not get any of my money, not even a few pennies.

    And it was pathetic how James Franco (which I don't particularly like as an actor) thanked Obama, who himself has been rather cowardly and hypocritical when it comes to free speech and videos (Benghazi anybody?). He blamed a silly youtube video for the whole thing, which was untrue and a massive lie! How idiotic!

    I hope that this movie doesn't make back its production costs.

    I suggest you go and read the results of the GOP witch hunt on Benghazi. Fox News doesn't report on it, but they found everything the President said and did during that tragedy was proper and appropriate.
  • Reply 24 of 280
    patsupatsu Posts: 430member
    I wish Apple had been the one to make this happen - crazy how all these smaller companies did it instead.. Maybe this movie will have record sales, and prove to the movie companies that releasing online is a viable alternative. Then Apple will also see the importance of being a part of these kind of opportunities - Tim Cook talks to share holders about how he's pursuing his beliefs over profits, using Apples good name to make a stand for gay people.. this would've been a great chance to make a statement to any country that tries to stifle our freedom of speech. If anyone could do it, and make a decision to send a message, even without a unique outreach from the White House, Tim Cook could, but I guess it'll have to be Crackle instead.

    They will just put it up later. Freedom of speech will still be honored. The hackers wanted everything about the movie to be "erased" permanently.
    iTunes will probably want iTunes Extras for the film too.
  • Reply 25 of 280

    Comments crack me up.

    This is like the China factory workers argument.

     

    Apple hosting or not hosting the film doesn't mean  crap  unless you tell me what Netflix and Amazon are doing.

    Citing YouTube, and then just Sony themselves doesn't mean crap.

  • Reply 26 of 280

    Apple has 444 retail establishments throughout the world; any of which could be a target of malicious activity. 

     

    How many brick and mortar stores do the others have?

  • Reply 27 of 280

    ALL our opinions are speculation. No one's crying when you say Apple is not putting it on iTunes for other reasons. You have your opinion and everyone else has theirs. Take your little self-censored cuss words and go home. And stop crying while you're at it lol.

    1) My opinion are speculation because I stated them as such. You stated yours without any such qualification… and that's a fact.

    2) Self-censored? :rolleyes:
  • Reply 28 of 280
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by genovelle View Post





    I suggest you go and read the results of the GOP witch hunt on Benghazi. Fox News doesn't report on it, but they found everything the President said and did during that tragedy was proper and appropriate.



    I followed the whole thing when it was happening, so I know what happened. I do not need any biased, liberal report to tell me how I should think.

  • Reply 29 of 280
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by genovelle View Post

     
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post



    Good for Apple for refusing to make this movie available! I have zero desire to watch it. I don't give a crap if the rental were .99 cents!



    The whole way that the situation around the movie was handled was pathetic, and this movie will not get any of my money, not even a few pennies.



    And it was pathetic how James Franco (which I don't particularly like as an actor) thanked Obama, who himself has been rather cowardly and hypocritical when it comes to free speech and videos (Benghazi anybody?). He blamed a silly youtube video for the whole thing, which was untrue and a massive lie! How idiotic!



    I hope that this movie doesn't make back its production costs.




    I suggest you go and read the results of the GOP witch hunt on Benghazi. Fox News doesn't report on it, but they found everything the President said and did during that tragedy was proper and appropriate.



    Man I hate when people respond to Tea Bag trollers. It just defeats the whole purpose of my block list.

  • Reply 30 of 280
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post





    1) My opinion are speculation because I stated them as such. You stated yours without any such qualification… and that's a fact.



    2) Self-censored? image



    Why do I need to make any qualification? Obviously, everyone has their own opinions.

  • Reply 31 of 280
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post



    How the **** do you people come to these conclusions? It's one thing to speculate and include that as a possibility but your putting on blinding and saying that you've ruled out every other possible reason with absolute certainty.

     

    I can tell you from experience... you're wasting your breath.

  • Reply 32 of 280
    I think Apple just didn't feel like sending in the people to get this online. Most reports say it was just too rushed. The infrastructure there is basically on autopilot at the moment.

    I assume there is new content this week and next on iTS. I'd think if the money was right and there was no bandwidth/access issues at play with the high activations and iTS access we've seen in previous years that they would jump at the chance.


    PS: [@]BuddyRevell[/@], see how TheWhiteFalcon includes "I think" to indicate it's an opinion.
  • Reply 33 of 280
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

     



    Man I hate when people respond to Tea Bag trollers. It just defeats the whole purpose of my block list.




    I'm not a tea bagger. Statistically speaking, it is far more likely that you are a tea bagger, an actual tea bagger.

  • Reply 34 of 280
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post



    PS: @BuddyRevell, see how TheWhiteFalcon includes "I think" to indicate it's an opinion.

     

    There's your answer right there...  lol

  • Reply 35 of 280
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,426member

    ALL our opinions are speculation. No one's crying when you say Apple is not putting it on iTunes for other reasons. You have your opinion and everyone else has theirs. Take your little self-censored cuss words and go home. And stop crying while you're at it lol.

    So you are saying that; Soli pointing out 'people that are making statements, based on no information, are speculating' is in of itself speculating? Which school of logic did you attend?
  • Reply 36 of 280
    bobschlob wrote: »

    Man I hate when people respond to Tea Bag trollers. It just defeats the whole purpose of my block list.

    Sorry, good point. I usually resist, but at times I foolishly think they may be objective to a degree.
  • Reply 37 of 280
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post





    I assume there is new content this week and next on iTS. I'd think if the money was right and there was no bandwidth/access issues at play with the high activations and iTS access we've seen in previous years that they would jump at the chance.





    PS: @BuddyRevell, see how TheWhiteFalcon includes "I think" to indicate it's an opinion.



    (Note to self: Make sure to always put "I think" in front of something that is obviously already an opinion so as to not hurt this guy's feelings on the internet).

  • Reply 38 of 280
    patsupatsu Posts: 430member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    I assume there is new content this week and next on iTS. I'd think if the money was right and there was no bandwidth/access issues at play with the high activations and iTS access we've seen in previous years that they would jump at the chance.


    PS: [@]BuddyRevell[/@], see how TheWhiteFalcon includes "I think" to indicate it's an opinion.

    Well, they also need to encode the film properly for iTunes. Those guys are picky about media quality on iTunes.

    Whatever they've planned for release this week is probably already in the system, waiting for a flag to turn on.
    Also is this release worldwide or US only ?

    iTunes can shoot for worldwide.
  • Reply 39 of 280
    bobschlob wrote: »

    Man I hate when people respond to Tea Bag trollers. It just defeats the whole purpose of my block list.
    How exactly do you block? Definately a good idea.
  • Reply 40 of 280
    apple ][ wrote: »
    That's a bunch of BS. Had this movie been about something else (a certain, violent and primitive religion comes to mind), then Obama would be condemning this movie. This isn't about free speech, it's about hypocritical liberals doing what they do best, being complete hypocrites.

    I didn't say Apple was obligated to release, just that this was a great opportunity for Tim Cook to use his company to take a stand on an issue other than gay rights.

    As far as the rest of your comment, I'm surprised you don't see the connection to releasing this movie on time and freedom of speech. Let me explain it, there was a country that hacked into one of our major movie studios to blackmail them into not releasing a movie called "The Interview". After releasing damning emails and movie scripts, and after Sony still decided to release the movie, the other country, North Korea, sent threats saying they would do horrible things to the movie theatres that play it on Christmas - and for Americans to not only refrain from watching the movie, but not even be close by the theatre, in other words, a bomb could go off or a shooting spree. When our companies backed off from showing it, it set a terrible precedent for countries that hate America, telling them that they could threaten us to do what they want. They also told us to never release the film, and to get rid of any movie trailers on the web, so, releasing it on Christmas Day would show them that threatening Anericans doesn't work.

    Now, as far as whether I like the movie, I don't think I will. But, as a country we have to draw a line. I've drawn a line as to what's acceptible, and to me, this crossed it.
Sign In or Register to comment.