Apple's Tim Cook takes hardline stance against consumer data sharing, government snooping and terror

Comments

• Reply 41 of 122
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Great to see Cook condemning the Muslim terrorists and standing up for privacy.

How offensive that you throw in the word Muslim there. Presuming you are Christian Jesus would not be proud of you for letting your own fears choose your words like that. Religion is the excuse in this case for terrorism. None of these terrorist are peace loving religious people. Or peace loving atheists. They are simply and deeply afraid and have let their own deep-seated fears take control of them. Obama is no angel either btw.
  • Reply 42 of 122
    netrox wrote: »
    Just as Cook wants terrorists eliminated, the same should be applied to those who have or carry out abortions.

Abortion is the most horrific evil that mankind has inflicted on God's Creation. Terrorism is but a fly on an elephant in comparison.

If my mother aborted me, I'd not care. F<span style="line-height:1.4em;">etuses do NOT give a hoot about rights, I sure didn't learn anything about "rights" </span>
    till<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> I got older. We have NO place to decide how women make decisions with their bodies. </span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> </span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">?And that's people like you that are </span>
    terrorizing<span style="line-height:1.4em;"> women into submission and bearing the pain of pregnancy when they aren't ready. I mean, really, women who are </span>
    alive<span style="line-height:1.4em;">, self-aware, and experienced while their fetuses aren't. But it doesn't matter. you enjoy making women suffer when they're not ready. </span>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;"> </span>

2 year old babies don't give a hoot about rights, either.

I trust you advocate infanticide, too.
  • Reply 43 of 122
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    alfiejr wrote: »

AI Moderators, please ban and expunge this kind of comment. whatever the merits of such a personal belief, it does not belong in this forum and has nothing to do with this topic. otherwise AI will degenerate into rantville.

Agree, this comment and others like it should be expunged, and repeat offenders like Benjamin Frost should be banned. His comment should be flagged also.
  • Reply 44 of 122
    Great to see Cook condemning the Muslim terrorists and standing up for privacy.

If only Obama would do the same.

The guy in Norway who shot xx number of kids was no Muslim, nor was the Oklahoma City federal building bomber. They were basically white males from Christian backgrounds just like you.
  • Reply 45 of 122

"These people shouldn't exist. They should be eliminated."

Awesome Tim Cook Answer to Terrorists.

Go Tim!

Go Apple!

The problem is the government doesn't have the guts to actually eliminate them. 

• Reply 46 of 122
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jameskatt2 View Post

"These people shouldn't exist. They should be eliminated."

Awesome Tim Cook Answer to Terrorists.

Go Tim!

Go Apple!

The problem is the government doesn't have the guts to actually eliminate them. 

Let me rephrase that as a fellow Human Being:

"These people shouldn't exist. We should eliminate the breeding ground that drive them into Terrorism."

• Reply 47 of 122
    It is time for ben frost to go.
    I am sick of coming here only to be irritated by his constant negativity.
  • Reply 48 of 122
    Tim Cook is not only the "leader" of the most successful company on the planet, but he is a leader on so many positive fronts. Is it any wonder he is so beloved by his associates and his customers and so highly admired by his peers and the free world at large! I'd hate for Apple to lose a man of his calibre to a polluted government that needs this level of intelligence and human compassion, but I would certainly like to see others of his ilk take up that challenge! It is this level of integrity that could reform our system to be "by the people and for the people", but sadly for us, those who fit this description want nothing to do with government.
  • Reply 49 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by droslovinia View Post

"Hey Tim can you relay this message to your buddy Obama? Nobody in their right mind could say he's doing everything he can do to eliminate them. kthxbye"

Hey Tim, while you're at it, can you advise people that our country is not run by only one person and that no one person can either cause or solve all our problems? 'Cause that would be great. Thanks.

I doubt Tim Cook considers Obama his "buddy". He is so far above this man. Obama promises, Tim Cook delivers!

• Reply 50 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Please get yourself and your bigoted trash out of this fucking thread. Every sane Muslim on this planet (ie. 99.999%) sees groups like ISIS as an abomination, and terrorists who do not represent anything they stand for, just like everyone else. But no, you're angry because you want every single Muslim in the world to be hated and feared anywhere they are, and your fantasy would be for every single one of them to be shot dead, arrested, or deported. In your estimation, Cook should have called out every Muslim as evil, right? The actions of groups like ISIS stand in contradiction to everything that the VAST majority of Muslims believe, and that the religion is based on. Oh, and most of the people ISIS is killing are Muslims, if you haven't noticed. 

Enough with your "liberal media" trash and your never-ending hatred and bigotry. Maybe you can step outside whatever shithole town you reside in, and realize there's a world out there where normal people of all cultures and religions get along, so you can stop your hatred and smear campaigns against every minority group under the sun. Try maybe getting to know a single Muslim, instead of basing your views on hate.I'm a Muslim, and I despise ISIS and similar groups more than you do- I would gladly wipe them off the face of the earth if I was able. Yet, I know and have met thousands of Muslims, and have never met one that advocated violence or believed such ideologies.  I'm sick and tired of getting banned by speaking against the hate you spew, instead of you getting banned for spewing it. Enough of your generalizations and hate-speech. 

"Every sane Muslim on this planet (ie. 99.999%)" Are you for real?! There are certainly good and "sane" Muslims, but I think your figure is off by HUGE margin! I'm sorry that world politics and religion have gotten into this discussion, but since it has, let's remember that the Muslim "bible", the Koran, says that non-Mulims (infidels), must die! Thus any practicing Muslim believes this, bringing your figure down to the low single digits.

• Reply 51 of 122
    They're monetizing data on us to generate ad revenue. That's basically "selling" us.

"basically?"

Apple does the same thing. From the Apple privacy policy:

<span style="font-family:franklingothicfscdregular;font-size:24.6239986419678px;line-height:1em;">Disclosure to Third Parties</span>

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);margin-bottom:18px;">At times Apple may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Apple to provide products and services, or that help Apple market to customers.</p>

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);margin-bottom:18px;"><SNIP></p>

<h2 style="color:rgb(0,0,0);margin-bottom:5px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;">Location-Based Services</h2>

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);margin-bottom:18px;">To provide location-based services on Apple products, Apple and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Apple computer or device. </p>

What a stupidly clueless post.

It's not even worth the bother of explaining why.
  • Reply 52 of 122
    slurpy wrote: »

Please get yourself and your bigoted trash out of this fucking thread. Every sane Muslim on this planet (ie. 99.999%) sees groups like ISIS as an abomination, and terrorists who do not represent anything they stand for, just like everyone else. But no, you're angry because you want every single Muslim in the world to be hated and feared anywhere they are, and your fantasy would be for every single one of them to be shot dead, arrested, or deported. In your estimation, Cook should have called out every Muslim as evil, right? The actions of groups like ISIS stand in contradiction to everything that the VAST majority of Muslims believe, and that the religion is based on. Oh, and most of the people ISIS is killing are Muslims, if you haven't noticed. 

Enough with your "liberal media" trash and your never-ending hatred and bigotry. Maybe you can step outside whatever shithole town you reside in, and realize there's a world out there where normal people of all cultures and religions get along, so you can stop your hatred and smear campaigns against every minority group under the sun. Try maybe getting to know a single Muslim, instead of basing your views on hate.I'm a Muslim, and I despise ISIS and similar groups more than you do- I would gladly wipe them off the face of the earth if I was able. Yet, I know and have met thousands of Muslims, and have never met one that advocated violence or believed such ideologies.  I'm sick and tired of getting banned by speaking against the hate you spew, instead of you getting banned for spewing it. Enough of your generalizations and hate-speech. 
    "Every sane Muslim on this planet (ie. 99.999%)" Are you for real?! There are certainly good and "sane" Muslims, but I think your figure is off by HUGE margin! I'm sorry that world politics and religion have gotten into this discussion, but since it has, let's remember that the Muslim "bible", the Koran, says that non-Mulims (infidels), must die! Thus any practicing Muslim believes this, bringing your figure down to the low single digits.

Precisely.

Either Muslims say that the Koran counts for nothing, and by extension their religion, or they hold what is written in the Koran to be correct and believe that all non-Muslims must die. Even if most Muslims reject this teaching of the Koran, the terrorist atrocities committed in the past year by those calling themselves Muslims indicate that only a tiny minority of Muslims need to believe this in order for it to be a grave threat to the safe being of non-Muslims around the world.

This is why a large proportion of the non-Muslim world see Islam as such a threat. There is no call from Christians to destroy all other faiths or peoples, as one of the Commandments of the Bible forbids the killing of our fellow men.
  • Reply 53 of 122
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

How offensive that you throw in the word Muslim there. Presuming you are Christian Jesus would not be proud of you for letting your own fears choose your words like that. Religion is the excuse in this case for terrorism. None of these terrorist are peace loving religious people. Or peace loving atheists. They are simply and deeply afraid and have let their own deep-seated fears take control of them. Obama is no angel either btw.

It is not, nor has it ever been atheists who cause all these problems - it is solely theists (or religion in general) that cause all of these problems!

• Reply 54 of 122
    ireland wrote: »
    It is not, nor has it ever been atheists who cause all these problems - it is solely theists (or religion in general) that cause all of these problems!

Correct, if you ignore the history of the world.
  • Reply 55 of 122
    Precisely.

Either Muslims say that the Koran counts for nothing, and by extension their religion, or they hold what is written in the Koran to be correct and believe that all non-Muslims must die. Even if most Muslims reject this teaching of the Koran, the terrorist atrocities committed in the past year by those calling themselves Muslims indicate that only a tiny minority of Muslims need to believe this in order for it to be a grave threat to the safe being of non-Muslims around the world.

This is why a large proportion of the non-Muslim world see Islam as such a threat. There is no call from Christians to destroy all other faiths or peoples, as one of the Commandments of the Bible forbids the killing of our fellow men.

" . . . forbids the killing of our fellow men." Tell us, was that before or after they were told by Moses and Aaron to exterminate the worshippers of the golden calf, every man, woman and child? And the ethnic cleansing of Canaan?

I take it that your popes used these sort of rogue instructions from your prophets and their god to justify the slaughter of the Albigensians, the Moslem resisters of the Crusades, the heretics and witches of the Inquisition of Europe and the Americas. A more shameful, bloody and terrorist history can't be imagined than that of your Jewish-Christian "faith."

Even when your god became an Englishman, that was the result of a bloody civil war that included the destruction of a vast treasure of art, sacred and religious, but valuable all the same. You are the heir to all that barbarism. Either you disown it and the wretched collection of Bronze Age documents it's based on, or you yourself are a terrorist.

Edit: I say this as a survivor of a Christian upbringing, an English-derived one at that. The antidote was discovered by a home boy of yours, Robert Graves, who found in a lifetime of study a reservoir of devotional intelligence that was common to all people of the Mediterranean and Europe, including North Africa, the future home of Islam. It, the reservoir, preceded the Greek myths and the Abrahamic religions, was based on reverence for the cycles of nature and its creative/re-creative forces. Read The White Goddess if you dare. Otherwise, you are doomed to second-rate status as a opinion holder in Western religious and cultural history. And throw in his Greek Myths for good measure.
  • Reply 56 of 122
    mr o wrote: »

"These people shouldn't exist. We should eliminate the breeding ground that drive them into Terrorism."

I also wish he'd gone this one step further toward the root of the problem. I'm surprised, actually, to see that he said what is reported here, as I would have expected him to take a more developmental, historical view, rather than advocating outright extermination. We aren't going to get anywhere with the Benjamin Frost-cartoon view of history. (Sorry, I know how you feel about cartoons, but there are simplistic cartoons and then there are complex, illuminating ones.)
  • Reply 57 of 122
    flaneur wrote: »
    mr o wrote: »

I also wish he'd gone this one step further toward the root of the problem. I'm surprised, actually, to see that he said what is reported here, as I would have expected him to take a more developmental, historical view, rather than advocating outright extermination. We aren't going to get anywhere with the Benjamin Frost-cartoon view of history. (Sorry, I know how you feel about cartoons, but there are simplistic cartoons and then there are complex, illuminating ones.)

Cook certainly used surprisingly provocative language when he talked of eliminating terrorists, as most interpret that to mean extermination, as you just alluded.

It's one of the hardest problems facing the world today. At least with wars, you knew who your enemy was. With terrorism, it becomes much harder. Yes, even those who call themselves Christian have murdered others. Evil knows no boundaries.

The danger with a softly softly approach is that terrorism has been allowed to blossom, which could lead to war and an explosion of killing. The problem with the Western world is that it has largely discarded any sense of values, which has allowed terrorism to flourish. In embracing all things as equal, it embraces nothing, as there is no morality or integrity.
  • Reply 58 of 122
    Cook certainly used surprisingly provocative language when he talked of eliminating terrorists, as most interpret that to mean extermination, as you just alluded.

It's certainly one of the hardest problems facing the world today. At least with wars, you knew who your enemy was. With terrorism, it becomes much harder. Yes, even those who call themselves Christian have murdered others. Evil knows no boundaries.

The danger with a softly softly approach is that terrorism has been allowed to blossom, which could lead to war and an explosion of killing. The problem with the Western world is that it has largely discarded any sense of values, which has allowed terrorism to flourish. In embracing all things as equal, it embraces nothing, as there is no morality or integrity.

You have it slightly askew, as do most others. The US was not embracing the people of Iraq as equals when the "new conservatives" around the vice-president and the president conspired to invade and behead the state and plunge it into chaos. This is the direct origin of the present caliphate-wannabes, as any honest fool can tell.
  • Reply 59 of 122

This is a very sobering piece on ISIS, who I do not believe is merely a terrorist group -- especially after reading this. There is no logical way to claim that they are not deeply religious:

What ISIS Really Wants

"We can gather that their state rejects peace as a matter of principle; that it hungers for genocide; that its religious views make it constitutionally incapable of certain types of change, even if that change might ensure its survival; and that it considers itself a harbinger of—and headline player in—the imminent end of the world."

• Reply 60 of 122
    This is a very sobering piece on ISIS, who I do not believe is merely a terrorist group -- especially after reading this. There is no logical way to claim that they are not deeply religious:

What ISIS Really Wants

"We can gather that their state rejects peace as a matter of principle; that it hungers for genocide; that its religious views make it constitutionally incapable of certain types of change, even if that change might ensure its survival; and that it considers itself a harbinger of—and headline player in—the imminent end of the world."

Want to know how to really stop these guys dead in their tracks? Raise an all-female army to fight them. If these fanatics are killed by a woman, they believe they will not receive their afterlife rewards. Once they see an all woman army, they will give up. Their beliefs are very primitive and tribalistic.