Apple Watch's first-weekend sales will be interesting, but ultimately unimportant

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 166
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    kpom wrote: »
    Except that Apple has already said that they won't sell watches to walk-ins, at least not initially. All the initial stock is allocated to reservations made online.

I wouldn't be so sure about the round watch. It's not as if it never occurred to Apple that a watch could be round. Jony Ive is a huge fan of mechanical watches. I think that they made a conscious decision that a square screen is ideal for a wrist-worn wearable device. I think we'll see additional bands, to be sure, perhaps some new colors in the stainless steel line, but that it will always have a rectangular screen.

Didn't they said in stage why the apple watch wasn't going to be round? I think they did and it was do to apps and functionality if I am not mistaken. I am pretty sure they tried every option possible and make the best choice.
  • Reply 162 of 166
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    jerry602 wrote: »
    Not to mention the size factor...many guys like me don't have very big wrists and look stupid wearing big watches. So I'll pre-order the 38mm and hope I can squeeze in an appointment to try them before mine ships, but it's a little bit of anxiety buying something so expensive if you're not sure how it's going to look on you first.

Same they are not available on Amazon Prime isn't it? I say this semi seriously too. I can test things out and return them if not what i want, most times for free and occasionally with a trial fee. Even camera lenses costing over $2,000. No problem with AP. I love that!

I agree on the size, it's hard to know until you see it on your own wrist. I don't like large watches either. In fact one day I'd like to see a third size in-between the two that are there now. In such a personal object Apple may well find more sizes are not a bad idea.
  • Reply 163 of 166
    jmc54jmc54 Posts: 207member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

lol - yes, because it's always better to bank on a possible future sale vs. a confirmed sale today.

That people still float ideas like this without the least indication of any shame or embarrassment never ceases to amaze me….

It's a varient of the shipped/sold argument! We shipped 20,000 widgets!(sold 30!)

• Reply 164 of 166
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member

"The days of waiting in line and crossing fingers for a product are over for our customers," says Angel Ahrendts.

Read more:  http://www.businessinsider.com/angela-ahrendts-says-a-significant-change-in-mindset-to-launching-apple-watch-online-2015-4#ixzz3We3E4ytX

• Reply 165 of 166
    pistispistis Posts: 247member
    robbyx wrote: »
    You are wise and mighty! That is why you spend your days trolling Mac fan sites instead of putting that visionary mind of yours to good use in the industry. Makes perfect sense to me.

A perfectly wasted mind lol