Apple announces $199 iPhone 6s & $299 6s Plus with 3D Touch, A9 CPU, rose gold color, coming Sept. 2

Comments

• Reply 81 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

Look for a bump in screen resolution in the iPhone 10 in 2020!

Apple does not like increase screen resolution on phones. The smaller 4.7" still is at 326ppi same as the iPhone 4!

I know!

I, too, use my iPhone like this: 

• Reply 82 of 156
    jellybelly wrote: »
    No ElCapitan introduction and […] they didn't cover Watch OS2.0 features.

Sure, in the past they padded these events with a rehash of Mac OS X and iOS features, but I'm glad they aren't doing that anymore. I wouldn't mind some milestones to start off the events, but I'll take it if it means it's only done to pad the event to get to 1.5 hours.

If you really want to learn about El Cap, iOS 9, and wOS 2 you can watch those videos at any time you wish.
  • Reply 83 of 156
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobiwan View Post

Who subsidizes contracts anymore? Only AT&T remains and they may quit doing them very soon as well.

There never was such thing as a subsidy, they just make the financing explicit instead of implicit.

T-mobile were the first to do so.

Basically, you pay your phone on installements.

• Reply 84 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Sure, in the past they padded these events with a rehash of Mac OS X and iOS features, but I'm glad they aren't doing that anymore. I wouldn't mind some milestones to start off the events, but I'll take it if it means it's only done to pad the event to get to 1.5 hours.

If you really want to learn about El Cap, iOS 9, and wOS 2 you can watch those videos at any time you wish.

Also, with nothing about Macs El Cap would seem out of place.  Although they DID do iPads, which have been October before, so perhaps a Mac event in October, though I don't pay attention to Intel's release schedule so that may not make sense for new internals

• Reply 85 of 156

I wonder if the unlocked "rental" iPhones will be available on the 25th.

• Reply 86 of 156
    joelsalt wrote: »
    I don't pay attention to Intel's release schedule so that may not make sense for new internals

Intel doesn't seem to have anything new to offer the MBPs so I wouldn't except anything. The MacBook is new, the MBAs seem EOL IMO, the Mac Pro could be a silent update since anyone that cares about a faster Mac Pro CPU are a small group, and since we already a 27" 5K iMac I don't think a 21.5' 4K iMac is worth an event. Next year is my guess, and hopefully in late December to early Spring.
  • Reply 87 of 156
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

Look for a bump in screen resolution in the iPhone 10 in 2020!

Apple does not like increase screen resolution on phones. The smaller 4.7" still is at 326ppi same as the iPhone 4!

So, the hell what! Have your eyes gotten better?

Maybe they tought force touch was a more important option than a higher resolution and that's why we got that instead.

Apple always carefully weights everything. The overall result is more important than each things individually.

• Reply 88 of 156
    ham_bone wrote: »
    its a phone, not an investment.

Everything you buy is an investment in something. You have the right not to maximize your value, but most people do.
  • Reply 89 of 156
    El Capitan release date September 30th? Caught a glimpse in a email while demoing iPhone 6s in today apple event
  • Reply 90 of 156
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member

Does the ? pencil work with the new iPhone 6S?

With a Force Touch* trackpad on the Macbook?

(*) I am glad they renamed 'Force Touch' to the more imaginative '3D Touch'.

• Reply 91 of 156
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,040member

Anyone else notice that the iPhone details were last on the program? I'm stoked for all of what was released today, and don't know why I'm not calling my broker now to buy more AAPL. They are going to make a killing with this stuff. The Wall Street Morons are f*ucking up in spades.

Only thing to complain about is the 2+ hour length. 

• Reply 92 of 156
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,066member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Blackberry: “Pssh! Apple is copying us. We had force touch on our original touchscreen phones years ago."
    And it worked so well.
  • Reply 93 of 156
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Why are they still using on contract pricing?
  • Reply 94 of 156
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    mr o wrote:

I am glad they renamed 'Force Touch' to the more imaginative '3D Touch'.

Yes RIP Force Touch. It's an oxymoron anyway.
  • Reply 95 of 156
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    [@]sog35[/@] proven wrong yet again.
    [quote] Apple will continue to sell the iPhone 5s for free, the iPhone 6 for $99, and the iPhone 6 Plus for $199. Installment plans will also be available starting at as low as $19 per month for the iPhone 5s, up to $31 for the iPhone 6s Plus.[/quote]
  • Reply 96 of 156
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I wonder how many people will try to press harder on their iPad and then remember it doesn't have 3D touch. Sounds like 3D touch requires taptic engine which iPads don't have (yet). I guess it explains why we didn't get an Air 3.
  • Reply 97 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

Anyone else notice that the iPhone details were last on the program? I'm stoked for all of what was released today, and don't know why I'm not calling my broker now to buy more AAPL. They are going to make a killing with this stuff. The Wall Street Morons are f*ucking up in spades.

Another incredible "S" update. It should result in the largest quarter of sales for an "S" update. Let's see how the analysts spin this into something bad.

• Reply 98 of 156
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple will be selling a series of metal charging docks that match the finishes of its new iPhone lineup.

"Finally."

/s

• Reply 99 of 156
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I wonder how many people will try to press harder on their iPad and then remember it doesn't have 3D touch. Sounds like 3D touch requires taptic engine which iPads don't have (yet). I guess it explains why we didn't get an Air 3.

Sometimes I'll forget and try to use Touch ID on my 1st-gen iPad mini (November 2012 vintage.)

• Reply 100 of 156

That was the Storm, right? I tested that phone when it was new and the push screen was horrendous. It was in no was comparable to Apple's 3D Touch.