Apple announces $199 iPhone 6s & $299 6s Plus with 3D Touch, A9 CPU, rose gold color, coming Sept. 2

123457

Comments

  • Reply 121 of 156
    majani wrote: »
    Eh, just wondering. I'm not sure how much of a visible different 534 would make vs 400 (25% increase? Should be noticeable?). My current Nexus 6's screen doesn't look too noticeably different to my iPhone 6+ (496~ vs 400), but on my S6's (2k, 5"), 577DPI does look very very much sharper and has spoiled me slightly.

    Then go for the Sony 4K phone because the iPhone isn't likely to reduce its battery life and kill gaming on the device anytime soon.
  • Reply 122 of 156
    Well, it's actually different from the Watch, because you can use the stylus and it has more levels of touch sensing than the Watch.

    Those are different things. 3D Touch is simply a better marketing term since it's technically a three-dimensional touch, but it's also the third touch after tap and long press, that's now possible. The stylus support is only for the iPad Pro, and that's clearly because of the digitizer it has.
  • Reply 123 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post





    Then go for the Sony 4K phone because the iPhone isn't likely to reduce its battery life and kill gaming on the device anytime soon.

     

    Yea, battery life is my concern. Screens are getting better in terms of power efficiency, and I do think 4k on a phone is currently somewhat unnecessary, but I don't see how it would kill gaming. Does Apple not allow for variable DPI density in apps as can happen with Android (though I think it's limited only to the N6)?

     

    I have a 27" 4k monitor; I can play games at 1080, 1440, 2160 resolutions and they all look fine depending what the game supports or antialiasing used. Similarly, the UI on any OS I use can be scaled to fit on it. I'm no developer, but does iOS not support the ability to do this?

  • Reply 124 of 156
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,901member
    I didn't see anywhere it says iphone 6S has 2GB vs 1GB RAM. Will it come with 2GB RAM ?
  • Reply 125 of 156
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by wood1208 View Post



    I didn't see anywhere it says iphone 6S has 2GB vs 1GB RAM. Will it come with 2GB RAM ?

    I likewise haven't seen anywhere or anyone credible say one way or the other.

  • Reply 126 of 156
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shahhet2 View Post

     

    Not sure why anyone listen to that clown.

    Isn't he the same person, where he can't understand logistics that Apple can't buy itself?

    Or is this the same person, who said ATV will bring in $xx Billion revenue, Music will bring $xx Billion revenue, Car will bring $xx Billion revenue, Hub will do this, HealthKit will do that,...... and all companies in those competing fields will disappear soon?

     

    Maybe he is butt hurt with his emotionally high investment in AAPL stock.

     

    May be he will pre-empt himself and ban himself now rather then waiting for end of year.




    I don't see why people are being so hard on this sog35 person.  Most of what he posts is pro-Apple.  Isn't that what people in an Apple forum would like to see?

  • Reply 127 of 156
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    haggar wrote: »
    shahhet2 wrote: »
     
    Not sure why anyone listen to that clown.
    Isn't he the same person, where he can't understand logistics that Apple can't buy itself?
    Or is this the same person, who said ATV will bring in $xx Billion revenue, Music will bring $xx Billion revenue, Car will bring $xx Billion revenue, Hub will do this, HealthKit will do that,...... and all companies in those competing fields will disappear soon?

    Maybe he is butt hurt with his emotionally high investment in AAPL stock.

    May be he will pre-empt himself and ban himself now rather then waiting for end of year.


    I don't see why people are being so hard on this sog35 person.  Most of what he posts is pro-Apple.  Isn't that what people in an Apple forum would like to see?

    Normal people when given proof that their idea is impossible stop mentioning that idea. Sog just keeps repeating that same idea in multiple threads. Someone that does that is loco in la cabeza. :lol:
  • Reply 128 of 156
    haggar wrote: »
    Most of what he posts is pro-Apple.  Isn't that what people in an Apple forum would like to see?

    Clearly you're not paying attention. What people want to see are reasonable comments. When you say "Apple will release this exact thing, with this specific name," without any proof to back this proclamation of fact that you insist everyone else is an idiot for not agreeing with you even though you've failed to make a single argument as to why you believe this might happen, then of course people take issue with your nonsense. Now, if sog35 made comments along the lines of, "I feel Apple will do blah blah, and here's why I believe this will happen…," that would be a completely different comment. Yet despite all the opportunities to get out of his ridiculous, self-assured tea-leave readings he continues to still make them.
  • Reply 129 of 156
    rogifan wrote: »
    Phil did talk about the A9. But as usual no mention of RAM in either iPhone or iPad so I guess we'll have to wait for teardowns. If the new iPhones are still 1GB I may seriously consider keeping my 6 another year. I so hope they're not.
    Not a deal breaker for me but I'm surprised this spec isn't on the Apple site. Would like to know too.

    Found confirmation it is 2GB system ram.
  • Reply 130 of 156
    multimedia wrote: »
    Not a deal breaker for me but I'm surprised this spec isn't on the Apple site.

    It's never been on the tech specs of any Apple product, except Macs, save for the possibility of some products before Steve Jobs returned.
  • Reply 131 of 156
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    BB had an innovative idea, but the tech wasn't ready, and they implemented it badly.

    The same can be said of Living Photos (Living Images by Nokia) on Windows phone. It was delayed in the Lumia 1020 flagship; couldn't be shared; and you had to manually pull it from the phone to convert it into a movie MP4 file. Apple got Facebook to support LP and I suppose Instagram, an FB company won't be far behind.

    The "this was first on X" and "Apple copied this from Y" meme and folks that repeatedly state these facts, just need to realize on fact: in general, Apple gets these many great ideas to actually work rather than be just a technology point on a checklist. In addition the tech is used enthusiasticly by Apple users rather than be hated or causing the device as a whole to be worse for the checklist point rather than better.

    To be honest, for the life of me I still can't figure out why an MS, Nokia, Google... or even Sony, Samsung, Dell, etc., can't seem to pull all of their talent together to do something cohesive on the same level as most of Apple's devices. How many engineers and designers among them are we talking about here? Many thousands I'm sure.
  • Reply 132 of 156
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    BB had an innovative idea, but the tech wasn't ready, and they implemented it badly.

    What?! Are you really saying BB using a resistive touch screen on a phone was an innovative idea?
  • Reply 133 of 156
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Those are different things. 3D Touch is simply a better marketing term since it's technically a three-dimensional touch, but it's also the third touch after tap and long press, that's now possible. The stylus support is only for the iPad Pro, and that's clearly because of the digitizer it has.

    Since the Apple Pencil is powered, I wonder if they're just cleverly measuring positional and pressure data and communicating that back to the iPad, versus actually sensing contact between the iPad and the pencil ...
  • Reply 134 of 156
    Since the Apple Pencil is powered, I wonder if they're just cleverly measuring positional and pressure data and communicating that back to the iPad, versus actually sensing contact between the iPad and the pencil ...

    I guess it's possible, but I would think that's just not going to result in any real accuracy unless you have a digitizer. I would also except any stylus to work. Didn't they mention how aspects are altered based on the angle of the Pencil? That would likely need to be powered, and perhaps use a motion chip.
  • Reply 135 of 156
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Haggar View Post

     



    I don't see why people are being so hard on this sog35 person.  Most of what he posts is pro-Apple.  Isn't that what people in an Apple forum would like to see?




    Don't be starting no shit now Hagger!

  • Reply 136 of 156
    dbhdbh Posts: 41member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post

     

    My iPhone 6 just opened up Siri when Craig said "Hey, Siri!" while watching the live broadcast on it. Oops!


    same here.. and at first i thought there was something wrong with the live feed... 

  • Reply 137 of 156
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbh View Post

     

    same here.. and at first i thought there was something wrong with the live feed... 




    It'd be great if we could give her a custom name.

     

    EDIT: on second thoughts, perhaps not. It'd be confusing to remember the different names of your devices.

  • Reply 138 of 156
    solipsismy wrote: »
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    BB had an innovative idea, but the tech wasn't ready, and they implemented it badly.

    What?! Are you really saying BB using a resistive touch screen on a phone was an innovative idea?

    I was referring to a screen that clicks, and gives the user haptic feedback.
  • Reply 139 of 156
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Was that year's iPhone comparable to the one they just announced? Silly comparison.
    I was pointing out that the two technologies weren't even close to being the same for those who keep saying, "Well, the Blackberry had it first."

    The technologies don't need to be the same.
  • Reply 140 of 156
    mac_128 wrote: »
    It's too bad Apple already blew their "taken with an iPhone 6" marketing campaign on the 6. They should have saved it.

    what on earth are you trolling about now?
Sign In or Register to comment.