Apple announces $199 iPhone 6s & $299 6s Plus with 3D Touch, A9 CPU, rose gold color, coming Sept. 2

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 156
    asdasd wrote: »

thats just a video, isn't it

nope. as specifically mentioned in the keynote -- it's not a video. different processing than video.
  • Reply 142 of 156
    ham_bone wrote: »
    No battery life discussed?!
    16gb?!

Thats some BS.
    Guess I will be hanging onto this 5S for at least a year off contract. (unless another company actually makes a good enough phone to get me to switch)

if you're not an entry level user, why would you want the entry level storage amount anyway? you wouldn't.
  • Reply 143 of 156
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Clearly you're not paying attention. What people want to see are reasonable comments. When you say "Apple will release this exact thing, with this specific name," without any proof to back this proclamation of fact that you insist everyone else is an idiot for not agreeing with you even though you've failed to make a single argument as to why you believe this might happen, then of course people take issue with your nonsense. Now, if sog35 made comments along the lines of, "I feel Apple will do blah blah, and here's why I believe this will happen…," that would be a completely different comment. Yet despite all the opportunities to get out of his ridiculous, self-assured tea-leave readings he continues to still make them.

And furthering that is the constant derailing of threads, adding in 30+ posts saying the exact same stuff (proclamations of X/Y/Z with nothing to back it up but opinion).  Most of them are one or two liners, with almost no analysis to back it up.

I certainly prefer someone who is positive to one who is negative, but sog35 is something else.

• Reply 144 of 156
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I was referring to a screen that clicks, and gives the user haptic feedback.

But that's because it was a resistive screen. That is not the same technology.
  • Reply 145 of 156

That was an awesome 'S' revision.  Power crazed A9 cpu and gpu!  Force '3d' touch.  Refined iOS9 interface...'live' photos.  Great camera.  'Moments.'  

Just.  Wow.

Lemon Bon Bon.

• Reply 146 of 156
    Quote:

The BB storm has a capacitive touch screen. I know someone who had one many years ago, it was a good idea but wasn't fleshed out all the way and the end product was pretty crappy. But it was capacitive.

• Reply 147 of 156
    solipsismy wrote: »
    I was referring to a screen that clicks, and gives the user haptic feedback.

It was indeed capacitive.

http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_storm_9500-2534.php
  • Reply 148 of 156
    staticx57 wrote: »
    The BB storm has a capacitive touch screen. I know someone who had one many years ago, it was a good idea but wasn't fleshed out all the way and the end product was pretty crappy. But it was capacitive.

My mistake. That just makes it even worse. Why did it reunite you press down if it was, indeed, capacitive?
  • Reply 149 of 156

My mistake. That just makes it even worse. Why did it reunite you press down if it was, indeed, capacitive?

It was supposed to provide tactile feedback. It felt much like a trackpad. Without clicking it would provide a hover menu/gesture/what not and a click would confirm. But in practice you never really knew what was happening.
  • Reply 150 of 156
    N
    It was supposed to provide tactile feedback. It felt much like a trackpad. Without clicking it would provide a hover menu/gesture/what not and a click would confirm. But in practice you never really knew what was happening.

That's ass-backwards. No wonder I forgot how it "worked."
  • Reply 151 of 156

The whole entire screen moved to contact the actuators.
  • Reply 152 of 156
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    About live photos being Lumia's idea,

I've seen this feature on old cameras back in 2002. Just putting that out there.

I do wonder if recording 1 second after the shot would be cool? So when you flip to the next photo it shows the last photo animating as the new photo takes place.

Also it seems MS doesn't care anymore and is focused on software for iOS.
  • Reply 153 of 156
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    mac_128 wrote: »
    It's too bad Apple already blew their "taken with an iPhone 6" marketing campaign on the 6. They should have saved it.

Yeah those billboards are permanently glued on :(

They should really have saved it for NEXT years model!! I heard it's gonna have a better camera! And the year after that I heard it will have an even better camera! So maybe they Should have saved it for the iPhone 7s!!
  • Reply 154 of 156
    cali wrote: »
    So maybe they Should have saved it for the iPhone 7s!!

I just heard the iPhone 8 will have a better cam… THIS JUST IN, the iPhone 8S will have an even bett… I'm now being told that Apple should do absolutely nothing until Godot gets here.
  • Reply 155 of 156
    Quote:

I just heard the iPhone 8 will have a better cam… THIS JUST IN, the iPhone 8S will have an even bett… I'm now being told that Apple should do absolutely nothing until Godot gets here.

I dunno with the Anti-Poaching are they allowed to use Godot when he gets there?

• Reply 156 of 156
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

I, too, use my iPhone like this: 

Just fyi....this is not what they mean by ?Watch.