Apple invites press to Sept. 12 event at Apple Park's Steve Jobs Theater for 'iPhone 8'

Comments

• Reply 201 of 449
    tyler82 said:
    I'm predicting it will be called "iPhone 10th Anniversary"
    Prepare to be disappointed. 
    At least half of the active posters in the forums are already disappointed by <insert peeeve>, and plan to quit iPhone yet again. /s
    Rayz2016randominternetpersonSpamSandwichpscooter63ronnmacxpresscornchip
  • Reply 202 of 449
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Soli said:
    lkrupp said:
    Soli said:
    lkrupp said:
    Soli said:
    This means the facility will have passed inspection. Is there any evidence that this has occurred yet?
    So Apple announced it would take place in the Steve Jobs Theater but they lied to us?
    I'm not understanding your point. Are you saying that the inspection for occupancy has already happened, that the info was already stated, and that I'm somehow purposely saying that Apple is lying about the inspection having already taken place?
    The 'point' is why do you require proof that Apple has the required permits to hold the event in the Steve Jobs Theater? Apple had announced the event would take place in the theater yet YOU seek evidence that occupancy permits have been issued. Why is it your business to question whether Apple may legally hold the event in their own building when it's pretty obvious they will do so? I suppose you could file a freedom of information claim at Cupertino City Hall demanding to see said inspection permits. Maybe you could get back to us then.
    Come again? Where did I require anything from Apple? I simply asked if there was any evidence that the inspection has already occurred—which is a topic that has been brought up often in regards to Apple Park and often publicly posted by cities. Also, it's my business to ask questions here just as much as its your business to ask question here, except that mine are actually relevant to the topic at hand and yours sound like your somehow offended that I'm curious to know the details of the occupancy permit.
    You do realize there are very severe penalties involved if any building/venue is opened without official permits in place. Do you always request evidence that a new venue has the proper permits in place before going there?
    StrangeDaysronnnetmage
  • Reply 203 of 449
    gatorguy said:
    sog35 said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    A follow up to my previous post. Huawei just let slip some information by accident.

http://www.techradar.com/news/huawei-just-accidentally-revealed-the-mate-10-chipset-early-at-ifa-2017

They are claiming the world's first mobile AI processing unit.

The official presentation isn't until tomorrow but if what is being claimed actually works on the device, they may have upped the ante a little. This makes me think Apple might also have something along those lines for their big reveal on the 12th.

Nobody cares. Even "if" they have a machine learning processor on board, how will it get used? The biggest problem with Android is device makers adding their own custom hardware that isn't actually supported by Android. So none of your Apps will properly take advantage of those features.

The rest of the 970 is generic off-the-shelf A73, A53 and Mali parts. Nothing new here, just another SoC based on ARM cores. At least Samsung and Qualcomm are now trying their hand at making their own custom cores, although they are still WAY behind Apple in this regard. The A11 should hit 4,000 single core, which makes it literally double that of the 835 or 8895. Quite amazing how far ahead Apple is. 
    If nobody cared, this site wouldn't have half as much Google and Samsung content.
    Well congrats to you for your considerable efforts to increase that content further, Your loyalties to Android OS and Android OEM's surely have been noted by your handlers.

Sad, neither you nor I are buying iPhone 8's; me because I'm more interested in waiting for next year's, and completely happy with my iPhone 7 Plus, and you because you will be unable to remain the newest contrarian on AI if you capitulate.
    I am actually in the market for an iPhone this year but it depends entirely on price. That would appear to rule out the iPhone 8 but the iPhone 7s is on my radar although it wouldn't be for me personally it would be my cash flowing into Apple Sales International. LOL.

...based on your comments, yet are constantly hawking arcane features and cost benefits of Android OEM's. One would almost think that you are avoiding speaking out on anything superior in iOS or iPhone hardware.

It's a question of balance. I don't need to sing the praises of Apple constantly here (I have a lot of Apple gear and that speaks volumes) but there is so much ignorance spurted out on Android and Android handsets that someone needs to remind people that much of it has little to do with hard fact (it's often embarrassing to read how I'll informed some people are) and Apple, in spite of what some here proclaim, has much catching up do in many areas.

People here gleefully poked fun at Samsung for the Note 7 fiasco but then tried to round it out to the Android handset market, failing to see for example, that Huawei's Supercharge technology leaves anything Apple currently has looking decidedly behind the times.

I live in both worlds and don't lap up whatever gets dumped on my plate just because it's this or that platform. 

Another topic is how Apple does business, which I do not personally like but that is a personal opinion and everybody is free to their own opinion on that subject. 
    I get that you are just here to correct the record and balance the "opinions", and you have confirmed that on more than this occasion, but so excited to see you state that "you have lots of Apple Gear and that speaks volumes".

Yeah, that's it.

Of course it does. Do you think I have accumulated this stuff because I hate it?

I don't even post in the vast majority of threads. I let them go. I'm not some kind of policeman but when people go blatantly out of their way to post absurd, often false statements, I sometimes chime in with a different viewpoint. It is often backed up with links, quotes etc.

And my viewpoint isn't aimed at ridiculing anyone, getting stroppy or generally being a fool. Just a bit of balance. And I'm definitely not some kind of Captain Android. ;-)

Balance my ass.

You only post negative shit about Apple, and fawn like a school girl about some cheap piece of shit copy cat China phone.

Just stop with the 'I own alot of Apple gear.'  Bull.  why haven't I seen you post even ONE good thing about Apple products in the last year?

Because they think you are some type of double agent Android spy that's why. 

You don't fool me at all.  
    LOL. "Double-agent Android spy"... Spying on AI.  :)
    LOL.  Yeah, isn't the implication that "double agents" a) are in some position of power or know something useful and b) are trying to learn secrets or undermine something.  I wouldn't be shocked if there are corporate spies (double agents) within the Apple workforce, but here on a public internet forum?
    cornchip
  • Reply 204 of 449
    melgross said:
    melgross said:
    sog35 said:
    melgross said:

sog35 said:
    We seeing $170 stock price this year bitches (my apologies to female canines )

Just as I predicted.
    We might see a drop in September. While most of what will and what won’t be in the phones are already in the stock price, any disappointment in iPhone 8 timing could disrupt that.
    we might see a drop right after the event.

But I think we see a strong rise starting near Thanksgiving. $170 unless the USA goes to war.
    This is something that we can agree on. My thoughts on pricing were were much broader for this year. I’ve been thinking that the end of the year would see anywhere between $160 and $175. That was befor all of the brouhaha of the new phones, and the info about the iMac Pro, and the new Mac Pro.

so, who really knows? I don’t worry about it. On average, year over year, it will go up faster than the S&P 500.
    You, sog35, and the median analyst out there...
    Well, when we invest, one of the things we do, and I’m sure you do it too, is to try to figure out where our investments are going. It’s not just Apple’s price, I try to figure out where the others are going to as well. I’m usually fairly close. I only invest in the computer and telecommunications industries, and I’ve been doing it since I was 13 back in 1963, which I’m sure you’ve read in previous posts over the years, so I know it fairly well. I’m also sure you read my posts in 2004 when I made my first big Apple buy after the market crash of 1999.

i haven’t sold a share of it since, and have picked up a bit more here and there upon major dips. But I’ve disagreed with my long time broker in one account, Henry, about selling the stock. I don’t make an investment without evaluating it, and coming up with price estimates. One of my brokers asks me every year if I’m thinking of selling Apple in that account, at that brokerage, and I say “maybe, but not likely now”. I’ve been saying that for years.

i’m an active investor, which just means that I do all of the decisions myself, and don’t use managed accounts. So I have to be on the ball about it. Really, if you’re not doing estimates, you shouldn’t be an active investor. Just do what Buffet advises, and get a bundle of the Fortune 500 without management. Otherwise, it requires work.

• Reply 205 of 449
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    sog35 said:
    avon b7 said:
    gatorguy said:
    sog35 said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:
    A follow up to my previous post. Huawei just let slip some information by accident.

http://www.techradar.com/news/huawei-just-accidentally-revealed-the-mate-10-chipset-early-at-ifa-2017

The official presentation isn't until tomorrow but if what is being claimed actually works on the device, they may have upped the ante a little. This makes me think Apple might also have something along those lines for their big reveal on the 12th.

Nobody cares. Even "if" they have a machine learning processor on board, how will it get used? The biggest problem with Android is device makers adding their own custom hardware that isn't actually supported by Android. So none of your Apps will properly take advantage of those features.

The rest of the 970 is generic off-the-shelf A73, A53 and Mali parts. Nothing new here, just another SoC based on ARM cores. At least Samsung and Qualcomm are now trying their hand at making their own custom cores, although they are still WAY behind Apple in this regard. The A11 should hit 4,000 single core, which makes it literally double that of the 835 or 8895. Quite amazing how far ahead Apple is. 
    If nobody cared, this site wouldn't have half as much Google and Samsung content.
    Well congrats to you for your considerable efforts to increase that content further, Your loyalties to Android OS and Android OEM's surely have been noted by your handlers.

Sad, neither you nor I are buying iPhone 8's; me because I'm more interested in waiting for next year's, and completely happy with my iPhone 7 Plus, and you because you will be unable to remain the newest contrarian on AI if you capitulate.
    I am actually in the market for an iPhone this year but it depends entirely on price. That would appear to rule out the iPhone 8 but the iPhone 7s is on my radar although it wouldn't be for me personally it would be my cash flowing into Apple Sales International. LOL.

...based on your comments, yet are constantly hawking arcane features and cost benefits of Android OEM's. One would almost think that you are avoiding speaking out on anything superior in iOS or iPhone hardware.

It's a question of balance. I don't need to sing the praises of Apple constantly here (I have a lot of Apple gear and that speaks volumes) but there is so much ignorance spurted out on Android and Android handsets that someone needs to remind people that much of it has little to do with hard fact (it's often embarrassing to read how I'll informed some people are) and Apple, in spite of what some here proclaim, has much catching up do in many areas.

People here gleefully poked fun at Samsung for the Note 7 fiasco but then tried to round it out to the Android handset market, failing to see for example, that Huawei's Supercharge technology leaves anything Apple currently has looking decidedly behind the times.

I live in both worlds and don't lap up whatever gets dumped on my plate just because it's this or that platform. 

Another topic is how Apple does business, which I do not personally like but that is a personal opinion and everybody is free to their own opinion on that subject. 
    I get that you are just here to correct the record and balance the "opinions", and you have confirmed that on more than this occasion, but so excited to see you state that "you have lots of Apple Gear and that speaks volumes".

Yeah, that's it.

Of course it does. Do you think I have accumulated this stuff because I hate it?

I don't even post in the vast majority of threads. I let them go. I'm not some kind of policeman but when people go blatantly out of their way to post absurd, often false statements, I sometimes chime in with a different viewpoint. It is often backed up with links, quotes etc.

And my viewpoint isn't aimed at ridiculing anyone, getting stroppy or generally being a fool. Just a bit of balance. And I'm definitely not some kind of Captain Android. ;-)

Balance my ass.

You only post negative shit about Apple, and fawn like a school girl about some cheap piece of shit copy cat China phone.

Just stop with the 'I own alot of Apple gear.'  Bull.  why haven't I seen you post even ONE good thing about Apple products in the last year?

Gosh! He's outed me!

Here's a quote from me, yesterday I think it was:

"I love my Mini. The Mini rocks!"

Sog, Hope your world didn't just collapse!
    Context. Context you sly double agent.

Yes you said you love the Mini. But this was in context with Apple killing off the Mini.

You don't trick me at all.

It was an underhanded way of saying "Hey Apple is killing off all their good products"

Even Mr Fantastic couldn't reach that far. 
    randominternetpersonpscooter63
  • Reply 206 of 449
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    mobird said:
    Soli said:
    This will be landmark event for many reasons, one of which I hope will make this the most remembered event since the original 2007 introduction of the iPhone*.

Won't be with out Steve Jobs. Tim Cook is no where close to what Steve could do with an audience…
    I'm talking about the milestones set by the technology itself, not how well the CEO of the company is at being a salesman. It seems clear to me that Cook knows he's not the presenter Jobs was and he delegates a lot more of the show to other executives and staff.

The new venue, plus what WWDC brought us this year, to the accidental release of the HomePod firmware, to all the other rumours of upcoming HW makes me this this could be an amazing event the likes of which we haven't seen since 09 January 2007.

What's your most memorable WWDC keynotes? For me it's not any of the ones that Jobs was presenter, but WWDC 2016 where Swift was introduced. That whole keynote was an amazing leap forward for Apple, IMO.
    ronn
  • Reply 207 of 449
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    melgross said:

melgross said:
    i’m an active investor, which just means that I do all of the decisions myself, and don’t use managed accounts. So I have to be on the ball about it. Really, if you’re not doing estimates, you shouldn’t be an active investor. Just do what Buffet advises, and get a bundle of the Fortune 500 without management. Otherwise, it requires work.
    Thanks for the (condescending) advice. Yeah, I happen to know a little bit about investing too, manage mine as well, so I am good.

The last thing this board needs is another sog35-type amateur investor bragging about stock price estimates for Apple (or any other stock), or some back and forth about market price forecasts. They go nowhere quickly.
    I don’t know what you consider to be an amateur. You can only speak for yourself. In addition, any estimates we care to make, based on whatever facts and speculation we care to us, is our business, not yours. And remember that you are the one who. Made a condescending post to me. I didn’t make one to you. I was just explaining my position.

sorry that your superior sensibility and knowledge was hurt.
    Oh gosh, not at all. I quite vividly recall our many discussions from many years ago, and your views on basic principles of valuation, and on things such as PE ratios, risk, cash flows, cost of capital, etc. Basedd on the many things you've said, I have a rather strong basis for the view I have formed.

That said, it's your wont to express any opinion on this forum, just as it is mine. It's a free country. It should be pointed out, however, that you seemed to be the one to take umbrage over my pointing out -- a couple of others pointed it out too, earlier in this thread -- that price forecasts for AAPL in the $175 region were not unique to you or sog35. I was simply saying something similar, and providing data on the median analyst forecast which also happens to be $175 per share (with a max that goes to $208). And I gave you a link.

Perhaps you or sog35 do (although I would find that difficult to believe), but I have no superior sensibility or knowledge to forecast stock prices.

As an aside, didn't AI used to have a separate section of stock price discussions (just as they did for political discussions)? I don't know if it's still there, but given the topic at hand in this blog, it seems like a discussion of stock price forecasts seems a tad misplaced.

It’s nice that you’ve formed such a strong opinion of my investing knowledge. I’d be curious as to which one if has done better during that time, but obviously, that can never happen. There’s usually a good reason as to why different people come to a similar conclusion about something, and that’s not bad. You seem to be trying to make it so though.
    I said I have a 'strong basis' for my opinion. That's not the same as 'strong opinion.' Don't misstate.

I don't get into contests over who has.... er... bigger hands. I am glad you have convinced yourself that you can clearly separate luck from skill. Good for you.  
    It’s still just an opinion. If you state that basis it would be easier to evaluate it. Otherwise, we don’t know anything about it, and it’s just another opinion among  many.
    I told you it's based on numerous conversations we've had over the years. Do you seriously expect me to recount those?
  • Reply 208 of 449
    avon b7 said:
    The colours on the invite look promising. I hope rose gold, dark greys and even black are given the boot for a few years.
    What color do you like??? Black is the only color this phone will look good in...and yes they will have a Black iPhone 8!
  • Reply 209 of 449
    realistic said:
    You do realize there are very severe penalties involved if any building/venue is opened without official permits in place. Do you always request evidence that a new venue has the proper permits in place before going there?
    1) Yes, I always like to have information over not having it. For example, Apple Park required plans to be built and I've enjoyed looking at those plans as far back as when Jobs made his appeal to the city of Cupertino. If you didn't once look at any of those documents I'll be fucking surprised since even cropped images have been floating around since they were first posted.

2) How the fuck did you infer any information about my attendance of Steve Jobs Theater because I inquired about the online availability of the certificate of occupancy?
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 210 of 449
    Soli said:
    realistic said:
    1) Yes, I always like to have information over not having it. For example, Apple Park required plans to be built and I've enjoyed looking at those plans as far back as when Jobs made his appeal to the city of Cupertino. If you didn't once look at any of those documents I'll be fucking surprised since even cropped images have been floating around since they were first posted.

2) How the fuck did you infer any information about my attendance of Steve Jobs Theater because I inquired about the online availability of the certificate of occupancy?
    What is your purpose in asking whether they have their city inspections & certificates of occupancy in place? Do you really think they're moving forward without them, in effect skirting the law? Why? What possible reason is there to raise doubt about this? It just smacks of oddball FUD dispensing. I'm struggling to understand the reasoning of the query.
    ronnnetmage
  • Reply 211 of 449
    Soli said:
    realistic said:

What is your purpose in asking whether they have their city inspections & certificates of occupancy in place? Do you really think they're moving forward without them, in effect skirting the law? Why? What possible reason is there to raise doubt about this? It just smacks of oddball FUD dispensing. I'm struggling to understand the reasoning of the query.
    Why would you even assume Apple would move forward without permits? If any company is going to get permits it's going to be Apple.
    netmage
  • Reply 212 of 449
    Soli said:
    realistic said:

If you re-read what he said ("This means the facility will have passed inspection. Is there any evidence that this has occurred yet?") he just asking a) whether it's already passed inspection or whether that's going to happen any day now and b) if we've seen any formal documentation of this.  Sure, you could read that as negative/accusatory, but Soli's made clear that wasn't his intent.  Why are we still talking about this?  
    gatorguyalcstarheelSolipatchythepirate
  • Reply 213 of 449
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    ireland said:
    ireland said:
    Soli said:
    …it would be iPhone 11 since the iPhone 7s series would be the 10th.
    Only if you count the 3G as being the same phone as the original since it used the same processor.

iPhone
    iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4S
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6S
    iPhone 7
    iPhone 7S

That’s 11 for the last one. 8 (in the normal cycle) is 12, but apparently they ARE actually going to release either two models or just 7 with a modified body for its ‘lower price’ release.

I'm with you.  Clearly the next one should be the iPhone 2 to fill in that glaring numbering gap.

Did we ever learn what the "S" stands for? 

Do we care? Surely it’s an arbitrary model number simply to differentiate it from non-s models.

Why do we care?  Call it curiosity.  Call it wanting insight into the Apple corporate thought process.  Surely the decision wasn't arbitrary.  Steve didn't say "I don't want to go to iPhone 6 yet, add a random letter on the end of the iPhone 5 name."  There was some reason why it wasn't called the iPhone 5x or 5p or 5ex or 5fu.  Personally I think "s" was a particularly bad choice (strictly because of the pluralization challenge).  Obviously at the end of the day, it's not a bid deal, but we're not exactly ending world hunger on this site.

For comparison, for the past 15 years ago, Oracle has stuck a letter on the end of their major version to highlight their current focus.  Larry Ellison was a good friend of Steve Jobs, so this isn't completely irrelevant.  After Oracle 7 came Oracle 8i and 9i where "i" stood for "internet."  This was followed by 10g and 11g (g for "grid computing") and now 12c (c for cloud).

You're overthikng it. It really doesn't matter what the S stands for, just as it didn't matter what iPod meant. What matters is what the S does, not what it means. The S says this model is newer than the one without an S. This is the information is conveys and its objective. It's has significance thusly. Like people don't hear "SE" and think "special edition". They simply know you're talking about the small iPhone. These are model signifiers. Car makers have been doing this for decades.
    Let me reword my statement.  I have a mild curiosity why they went with iPhone 5s instead of say iPhone 5x or iPhone5(pi).  I'm certain that a TON of thought and research goes into those silly automotive trim-line letters (e.g., the Honda Accord LX versus Honda Accord EX versus the Honda Accord EX-L).  So you know there was a meeting (or 5) at 1 Infinite Loop about this "s" decision.  I'm just saying I'm curious who said what about the pros and cons of that.
    I get your point. We may never know. For me, I'd only be more curious about a detail like this if the name was tremendously bad: iPhone XEY32 or something oddball like it. "Is Cook drunk?" I'd ask. The letter S has a long marketing history as a model signifier across various industries for how it looks and sounds. "iPhone 7P" sounds much worse for example. I reckon despite the unknown number of suggestions internally as to what letter to use for 'tock' iPhones at Apple or TBWA\Chiat\Day "S" likely won out handily. At the risk of repeating myself when then time comes where Apple can push a new iPhone in 3 sizes they should get rid of numbering and tock letters entirely.
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 214 of 449
    ireland said:
    ireland said:
    ireland said:
    Soli said:
    …it would be iPhone 11 since the iPhone 7s series would be the 10th.
    Only if you count the 3G as being the same phone as the original since it used the same processor.

iPhone
    iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4S
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6S
    iPhone 7
    iPhone 7S

That’s 11 for the last one. 8 (in the normal cycle) is 12, but apparently they ARE actually going to release either two models or just 7 with a modified body for its ‘lower price’ release.

I'm with you.  Clearly the next one should be the iPhone 2 to fill in that glaring numbering gap.

Did we ever learn what the "S" stands for? 

Do we care? Surely it’s an arbitrary model number simply to differentiate it from non-s models.

Why do we care?  Call it curiosity.  Call it wanting insight into the Apple corporate thought process.  Surely the decision wasn't arbitrary.  Steve didn't say "I don't want to go to iPhone 6 yet, add a random letter on the end of the iPhone 5 name."  There was some reason why it wasn't called the iPhone 5x or 5p or 5ex or 5fu.  Personally I think "s" was a particularly bad choice (strictly because of the pluralization challenge).  Obviously at the end of the day, it's not a bid deal, but we're not exactly ending world hunger on this site.

For comparison, for the past 15 years ago, Oracle has stuck a letter on the end of their major version to highlight their current focus.  Larry Ellison was a good friend of Steve Jobs, so this isn't completely irrelevant.  After Oracle 7 came Oracle 8i and 9i where "i" stood for "internet."  This was followed by 10g and 11g (g for "grid computing") and now 12c (c for cloud).

You're overthikng it. It really doesn't matter what the S stands for, just as it didn't matter what iPod meant. What matters is what the S does, not what it means. The S says this model is newer than the one without an S. This is the information is conveys and its objective. It's has significance thusly. Like people don't hear "SE" and think "special edition". They simply know you're talking about the small iPhone. These are model signifiers. Car makers have been doing this for decades.
    Let me reword my statement.  I have a mild curiosity why they went with iPhone 5s instead of say iPhone 5x or iPhone5(pi).  I'm certain that a TON of thought and research goes into those silly automotive trim-line letters (e.g., the Honda Accord LX versus Honda Accord EX versus the Honda Accord EX-L).  So you know there was a meeting (or 5) at 1 Infinite Loop about this "s" decision.  I'm just saying I'm curious who said what about the pros and cons of that.
    I get your point. We may never know. For me, I'd only be more curious about a detail like this if the name was tremendously bad: iPhone XEY32 or something oddball like it. "Is Cook drunk?" I'd ask. The letter S has a long marketing history as a model signifier across various industries for how it looks and sounds. "iPhone 7P" sounds much worse for example. I reckon despite the unknown number of suggestions internally as to what letter to use for 'tock' iPhones at Apple or TBWA\Chiat\Day "S" likely won out handily. At the risk of repeating myself when then time comes where Apple can push a new iPhone in 3 sizes they should get rid of numbering and tock letters entirely.
    I completely agree on the problem with the tick-tock naming pattern.  It kinda-sorta made sense when virtually every phone plan encouraged you to get a new phone every 24 months, but it had the side effect of minimizing the importance of the "s-year" models.  Maybe this will be the year the introduce a new naming scheme.

I would point out that Apple had a long history of (somewhat) meaningful letters before this, going back to the Apple IIc and Apple IIe and the Mac IIc, Mac IIfx, etc.  I expect iPhone 5c and iPhone 5x where given some consideration as names.
  • Reply 215 of 449
    iPhone Edition.

Blurring the lines between Apple products.
  • Reply 216 of 449
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:

I don't think you've said anything positive about Apple here that wasn't in the vein of damning with faint praises.
    StrangeDaystmaypscooter63
  • Reply 217 of 449
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

macxpress said:

mike54 said:
    ... one more thing... Mac Mini !     ...please?
    Mac mini???? Bahahahahahaha! Who gives a shit about the Mac mini? Any new Mac mini is going to be the same as what's available today, only with faster processors and the latest Intel graphics. I wouldn't get your hopes up on anything more. 
    First, LOTS of people give a shit about the Mac mini. "Lots' obviously being a relative term in comparison to the iPhone, but enough that it keeps coming up. I can't imagine what you find funny about that, nor why you would feel inclined to insult what others wish for.

Second, a wish list for the mini could include Thunderbolt 3 on USB-C connectors to provide consistency with the new notebooks, a return to quad-core processors, and native hardware acceleration for h.265.

Third, what would be wrong with just a CPU and GPU upgrade? I might pull the trigger based on that alone.
    I like the mini but its been steadily losing ground to the base iMac in terms of bang for the buck.  Eventually you just say, I'll take the free monitor, thanks.
    tmayGG1
  • Reply 218 of 449
    Soli said:
    Soli said:
    realistic said:

Why would you even assume Apple would move forward without permits? If any company is going to get permits it's going to be Apple.
    Yeah, which is exactly why we're all wondering why you're wondering if they have their licenses and permits in order. 
    roundaboutnownetmageradarthekat
  • Reply 219 of 449
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,861member
    sog35 said:
    avon b7 said:
    gatorguy said:
    sog35 said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    tmay said:
    avon b7 said:
    avon b7 said:

Yeah, that's it.

Balance my ass.

Gosh! He's outed me!

Here's a quote from me, yesterday I think it was:

"I love my Mini. The Mini rocks!"

Sog, Hope your world didn't just collapse!
    Context. Context you sly double agent.

Yes you said you love the Mini. But this was in context with Apple killing off the Mini.

You don't trick me at all.

It was an underhanded way of saying "Hey Apple is killing off all their good products"

Sly, old, foxy ..... Stoat!

That brought back some memories, thanks!

Context doesn't change my opinion though. The iPad Mini 2 is my favourite tablet (and there is an iPad Air 2 at home too) and I only have praise for it (hardware wise at least ;-) )

• Reply 220 of 449
    iPhone Edition.

Blurring the lines between Apple products.
    Why not just iPhone 7 Pro?