The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 661 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member
    alexonline said:

Reading your attempts to redefine "yes"
    Except I never redefined it.  I simply pointed out that it isn't the only factor.

If you think I'm wrong, you merely have to explain how my example doesn't work. I don't think you can do it.
    ...or, you could speak to the TextBlade (I’ll admit I got caught up in diversionary tangents myself and had to give myself a short slap for not sticking to the issue of TextBlades and Waytools...

Hijacking a thread to examine semantic minutiae serves people poorly... (that’s a dig at myself as much as anyone... don’t take it personally...)
    gmadden
  • Reply 662 of 1615
    Is this irony actually unwitting ... calling another guy a blah-blah-blabber, with that 3 page post?
  • Reply 663 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    ...or, you could speak to the TextBlade (I’ll admit I got caught up in diversionary tangents myself and had to give myself a short slap for not sticking to the issue of TextBlades and Waytools...
    This is about WayTools. I didn't bring up the item in question, but I am responding to it.
  • Reply 664 of 1615
    alexonlinealexonline Posts: 241member
    Is this irony actually unwitting ... calling another guy a blah-blah-blabber, with that 3 page post?
    Waytools, that was FOUR separate posts into one over here at Apple Insider. A SINGLE post that was on a SINGLE page. I know truth is hard for you though.

In addition, you were the silly sausages that BANNED me from posting in the RANTS section while I was still a customer who hadn't as yet asked for a refund! 

What, pray tell, is the point of a RANTS section if you are going to get all hoity-toity when people use it? Shame on you!

Are you going to release your product, or give a true insight into the problems that have stopped release for four years?

Or are you going to keep on obfuscating and insulting your customers past and present? And future?
  • Reply 665 of 1615
    TYPE BORES: Episode VIII

THE LATEST EXCUSE

The FIRST ORDERER resigns, as we saw in the last episode. Having placated the overly enthusiastic Tregublic, Supreme Leader M.Snoketon now deploys his merciless legions to seize military control of the Waytools Forum, but he has failed to silence Apple Insider Forum users.

Only General Rolanbek's band of algorithmic RESISTANCE typists stand against the rising tyranny, certain that Blade Master Joke Typewalker will return and restore a spark of hope to the fight.

But the Resistance has been exposed. As the First Orderer speeds towards the rebel base to shore it up against Snoketon's untruths, the brave heroes desperately press the Escape key in the hope the LATEST EXCUSE will finally be the LAST....

TYPE BORES: Episode IX

THE RISE OF TYPEWALKER

With M.Snoketon's surprise defeat by TypeSlow Ren, and Joke Typewalker having joined his father Darth Wayder as a Force Touch Ghost, Rey is the last hope for the RESISTANCE. 

General Leia Pianola (nee Kahuna) has also fought her last battle, having drowned in the word salad of a Sarlacc's Pit, where YES and IT IS are the surprisingly sharp blades of MAYBE and IT ISN'T, which makes no sense and never did. 

Rey, short for Reylanbek, is the LAST TYPEWALKER, and the one destined to RISE UP save WAYTOOLS from the Dark Side of the Force Touch Keyboard, who will banish the evil and establish REYTOOLS in its place. 

Thus will the prophecy finally be complete, and the TEXT BLADE finally able to be sellable to the citizens of the REPUBLIC at long last, with the TREGUBLIC finally destroyed for good.

But is it all an illusion? Is Emperor Palpaknightine ready for resurrection to deny the world of Text Blade once more? Has the Horror of THE LATEST EXCUSE emerged yet again?
    edited May 2019
  • Reply 666 of 1615
    Alex - yes, we acknowledge that even though you hadn’t pushed the button, we refunded you.

Sometimes a vendor must withdraw from a transaction as resolution, if a customer is unlikely to be satisfied with any action taken to service them.

We’re sorry that our communication did not please you.  Please consider whether the tone of your own posts would feel reasonable if you were on the receiving end. 

Since you’re still engaged on topic, we hope that you’ll ultimately have a good experience with a unit, and are very happy.

• Reply 667 of 1615
    dabigkahuna said:
    1. You were the one who said it was a FACT it wouldn't ship in 2019 or 2020. But won't stand by it. 
    I did say it, and I do stand by it. Ignoring your badgering nonsense has no bearing on what I say, or what I stand by.

That is what you are doing Kahuna, badgering. If you do not work for Waytools and are truly just a customer (which I find impossible to believe, but for arguments sake), then you have no skin in the game, because you received what you paid for. You are just a troll. You certainly are not helping any of the 100,000 Waytools customers who have yet to receive any product in exchange for their money after 4+ years.

Waytools_Support, Mark Knighton, is the only person I am interested in criticizing. Why do you want some of it? You are a glutton for punishment or he is paying you to stand in front of him. You are just a boring, annoying distraction. If you had one intelligent point to contribute to this conversation, I would engage you amicably. I am not acting with malice or ill will here towards you, but you invite animosity with your stupid shameless relentless badgering shilling.

I say it standing upon 4+ years of evidence: Mark Knighton is a liar, he is disingenuous, he is a bad actor, with a paranoid mind, and a criminal mindset. He will not deliver the product he has been promoting. Not in 2019. Not in 2020. Not ever. But he will keep trying to taking peoples money. The money. The money. Mark has to keep the money.

dabigkahuna said:
    2. I've never chided anyone for making their own decision. 
    You certainly have. I have repeatedly stated that I maintain my 4+ year old order to hold Waytools to account for the original terms of sale, and to maintain a claim should I seek to pursue one. Those are perfectly legitimate positions for any purchaser of any product. I am entitled to my position. It was my money spent on the product. Not your money. My money. Yet you have wasted tons of time and energy chiding and patronizing and badgering me and many others, as if you paid for our products. You have done nothing positive for anyone. At best, you enable Mark Knighton to keep behaving as he does, digging himself further into a deep hole. You are both BS piled high.

dabigkahuna said:
    2. I've never chided anyone  for just expressing frustration with the delays or lack of communication. 
    Thats a lie. There are countless Kahuna posts on the Waytools forum, Macrumors, and Reddit, where you do precisely that. And that second part, 'for just...', as if you are the arbiter of how anyone validly expresses their frustration. You would be pretentious if you were not so ridiculous.

dabigkahuna said:
    But you have ridiculed someone who ordered.
    I ridiculed one early entrant to this thread (Master of Clueless or whatever his name was), who indicated he had just read this article and learned of Waytools for the first time. He had the opportunity to listen and learn from many people who have 4+ years experience with the Mark Knighton Ponzi scheme debacle. Instead, he attacked me and others with snide remarks, when nothing in my original posts were directed at him. So I ridiculed him, because he is obviously just another troll. Anyway, he appears to have crawled back under whatever rock he came from after realizing what a fool he was acting. Also, he probably realized that he could never surpass the amount of hot air that you expel on a daily basis, and thus had nothing to contribute.

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 100,000+ customers? $95,419.84 in revenue per prototype test units (131) supplied? 2 unfinished test units provided to journalists. 4+ years of waiting. No product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.

• Reply 668 of 1615
    Yet another humble, professional, polite, and helpful response from Mark Knighton, CEO of WayTools, LLC to one of the thousands of customers he has ripped off and banned from his forum over the past 4 years. For your consideration: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRfN-UGoKJY&t=1m44s

Two pallets of aging Textblades with expired batteries.  Millions of dollars collected from 100,000+ customers? $95,419.84 in revenue per prototype test units (131) supplied? 2 unfinished test units provided to journalists. 4+ years of waiting. No product shipped. No keys for kids. Who has the money? Mark Knighton has the money.

• Reply 669 of 1615
    Alex - yes, we acknowledge that even though you hadn’t pushed the button, we refunded you.

Sometimes a vendor must withdraw from a transaction as resolution, if a customer is unlikely to be satisfied with any action taken to service them.

We’re sorry that our communication did not please you.  Please consider whether the tone of your own posts would feel reasonable if you were on the receiving end. 

Since you’re still engaged on topic, we hope that you’ll ultimately have a good experience with a unit, and are very happy.

A lie! I pressed the refund button, not YOU. I made the decision for a refund because I couldn't take your delays, lies, smugness and outright DISHONESTY, something you continue with your assertion that YOU pressed the refund button. NOT TRUE. I cancelled you. Another UNSATISFIED customer - no product, weak customer relations and more. 

No company has treated me worse than Waytools. No company has treated me worse as a customer, or a journalist, or a HUMAN BEING. 

Waytools, I say it again, I still like the idea of your product, but as is very clear from so many of us here, we don't like YOU because you're just not a very nice person, and if you are a representative of the company as a whole, then God help Waytools, its staff, its investors and its customers. 

Rather than come back with some smarmy, smug statement, why don't you TELL US THE TRUTH of the status, why it has REALLY taken four long years (you guys are "four more years! four more years! that NO-ONE WANTS) and whether or not your assertion that Textblade will be released in 2019 is remotely true, or like so many things about Waytools, just another dirty, filthy, disgusting LIE. 

Shame on you, Waytools! SHAME ON YOU. 
  • Reply 670 of 1615
    RolanbekRolanbek Posts: 81member
    Oh dear did waytools support get caught lying about another financial transaction?

What a surprise.

R
    alexonline
  • Reply 671 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    Alex - yes, we acknowledge that ...

Hello WayTools, I see you are awake early and pretty engaged today in the forums. 

Could you be so kind to answer my direct question of post 647: what additional significant hurdles remain on top of firmware update for GR.

Simple question. Expecting a simple (to the point) answer.

Thanks
    alexonline
  • Reply 672 of 1615
    gmadden said:
    @Halo_Light even better than a hefty discount is the FutureProof Guarantee as listed on the WayTools site:

“ Every customer who pre-orders TextBlade is guaranteed the right to any hardware upgrades we make in the first year. If we materially change it, we'll swap your TextBlade for a new one, for free.(Limit: 1 swap per TextBlade)”
    I read that too - but what happens if it is 1 year plus 1 day? I think they should reward the backers with a replacement program for a nominal fee. 
  • Reply 673 of 1615
    discokvndiscokvn Posts: 7member
    @WayTools_Support ;

My, my, there is a lot written here, and i can't read all that.  nonetheless, i figure since you're engaging i'll ask publicly why i was banned from the forum the first time, as i said before i'll accept DBK's assessment of my second ban, but it would be nice to have an answer.

thanks, feel free to respond here or by emailing me.  
    alexonline
  • Reply 674 of 1615
    > I did say it, and I do stand by it.

Only by repeating the claim. Not by risking any effect if your claims of "fact" are wrong.

In regards to "chiding" others for their decision to order or not:

You certainly have. I have repeatedly stated that I maintain my 4+ year old order to hold Waytools to account for the original terms of sale, and to maintain a claim should I seek to pursue one.

Nope. You can order, not order, cancel, whatever and I won't chide you. It is only when you make claims about things being FACT that make no sense do you get criticized. Such as saying it is a fact that they won't ever ship - yet you won't agree to cancel if you are wrong. It's simply a way to show you don't believe it is really a fact. And you can't use your excuse that you want to be able to make a claim if they don't ship. Because if it was truly a fact, you wouldn't be giving up your opportunity to make a claim. Only if you are wrong.

And:

There are countless Kahuna posts on the Waytools forum, Macrumors, and Reddit, where you do precisely that.

Example? I mean, it is "countless" so you must have examples. That actually chide people for ordering or not - as opposed to saying it will never ship as they keep their orders. I'll question that "logic" for sure. Now, if they want to come back and say they keep the order "just in case it does ship" and say they are willing to risk the money, that's fine. But you insist it will NOT ship.

He had the opportunity to listen and learn from many people who have 4+ years experience with the Mark Knighton Ponzi scheme debacle. Instead, he attacked me and others with snide remarks

Translated, he didn't agree with you so you ridiculed him for buying.

• Reply 675 of 1615

gmadden said:
    @Halo_Light even better than a hefty discount is the FutureProof Guarantee as listed on the WayTools site:

“ Every customer who pre-orders TextBlade is guaranteed the right to any hardware upgrades we make in the first year. If we materially change it, we'll swap your TextBlade for a new one, for free.(Limit: 1 swap per TextBlade)”
    I read that too - but what happens if it is 1 year plus 1 day? I think they should reward the backers with a replacement program for a nominal fee. 
    There has to be a limit to everything. What if a product warranty runs out the day before something goes wrong. Sure, some companies (rarely) will cover it, but generally speaking, no. But this situation would be more problematic. Unlike an isolated number of cases where a warranty ends at an awkward time, you have literally every one of the many thousands of orders getting an extended deal.

When you consider the already good deals they offer (a very low price to begin with - even if you factor in the price increase coming - for what you get. Very low replacement cost if you break it. Warranty repair which includes free shipping both ways.
  • Reply 676 of 1615
    Alexonline - from your posts, we misread that you were critical of our automatic refunds, as some have been, so we just explained how it works.

In your case, if you initiated the refund yourself, then we take your word for it.  We’re glad you were able to do it quickly when you chose.

Based on your choice, you’ve not been a customer for a couple years.

All the new posts and fresh parody are notable.  We hope we’re not insufficiently servicing you when you’re not a customer.

Hopefully you’ll quite like it when you can try a TextBlade for yourself.  Thanks.

edited May 2019
  • Reply 677 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    Alexonline - from your posts, we misread that you were critical of our automatic refunds, as some have been, so we just explained how it works.

In your case, if you initiated the refund yourself, then we take your word for it.  We’re glad you were able to do it quickly when you chose.

Based on your choice, you’ve not been a customer for a couple years.

All the new posts and fresh parody are notable.  We hope we’re not insufficiently servicing you when you’re not a customer.

Hopefully you’ll quite like it when you can try a TextBlade for yourself.  Thanks.

Hello ? Anybody there ? WayTools_Support can you please answer my repeated question ? (last time in post 672). Thanks
  • Reply 678 of 1615
    arkorott said:

Hello ? Anybody there ? WayTools_Support can you please answer my repeated question ? (last time in post 672). Thanks
    I doubt you'll get that answered here, though you can never be sure when something might. But they did say the updates will be on their own forum.
  • Reply 679 of 1615
    alexonline said:

Reading your attempts to redefine "yes"
    Except I never redefined it.  I simply pointed out that it isn't the only factor.

If you think I'm wrong, you merely have to explain how my example doesn't work. I don't think you can do it.
    I would love to see you do this in a courtroom:

Judge: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?
    DBK: Yes
    DBK: [proceeds at some point to say something that is not the truth]
    Judge: You swore to tell the truth!
    DGK: Well...I *expected* to tell the truth. There are other factors that must be considered when you hear a "Yes"
    DBK: [proceeds to give the car example]
    Judge: *rolls eyes* I hereby charge you with perjury. 
    alexonline
  • Reply 680 of 1615
    arkorott said:

I doubt you'll get that answered here, though you can never be sure when something might. But they did say the updates will be on their own forum.
    Those of us who have been banned or shadowbanned from the WayTools Forum ask our questions here because we are unable to ask our questions there.
    alexonline
This discussion has been closed.