Comments

• Reply 101 of 108
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    gatorguy said:
    Japhey said:
    GG1 said:
    Japhey said:
    hexclock said:
    If, as he says, it's all about Trump's trade war, then that will no longer be necessary once we can return to facing our real enemy:  Russia.
    The UK said the same:   They were bowing to Trump's  geopolitical pressure at the expense of their own best interests....

And as to there being "infrastructure anywhere" -- we saw how false that statement is as China quickly returned to full production while India and the U.S. are still struggling to control the virus.
    Russia, Russia, Russia.... get over it dude. 

Why would I get over an enemy attacking our country -- unless I favored the dictator they were installing here?
    Dude, enough already! Take it somewhere else. Try an MSNBC or CNN forum. 
    I've been in this forum since 2006. Once every couple of years, along comes an agenda-driven one-note-Johnny+troll+guy-with-too-much-time-on-his-hands+too-much-anger+too-much-politics+can't-see-beyond-his-nose who regularly derails or hijacks discussions. They thrive on the fact that they drive sensible people crazy. No amount of facts or links or rational responses will change their minds. It's a complete waste of time to engage them.

The only advice I can give: just ignore them; they'll quietly slink away. Their oxygen is from your head exploding.
    maybe GeorgeBMac is sog35 reincarnated...
    Lol. The guy just won’t shut the f up. His attempts at coherency and intelligence come off as desperate and whiny. 

LOL....  No, I just prefer reality to zealots using a techinical forum to evangelize their right wing propaganda.
    Zealotry defined: excessive intolerance of opposing views

Intolerance of opposing views?   No, I have no problems with opposing views.   They're healthy.
    But I have little tolerance for right wing lies and propaganda.
    john_t
  • Reply 102 of 108
    tmay said:
    gatorguy said:
    Japhey said:
    GG1 said:
    Japhey said:
    hexclock said:
    If, as he says, it's all about Trump's trade war, then that will no longer be necessary once we can return to facing our real enemy:  Russia.
    The UK said the same:   They were bowing to Trump's  geopolitical pressure at the expense of their own best interests....

And as to there being "infrastructure anywhere" -- we saw how false that statement is as China quickly returned to full production while India and the U.S. are still struggling to control the virus.

Why would I get over an enemy attacking our country -- unless I favored the dictator they were installing here?
    I've been in this forum since 2006. Once every couple of years, along comes an agenda-driven one-note-Johnny+troll+guy-with-too-much-time-on-his-hands+too-much-anger+too-much-politics+can't-see-beyond-his-nose who regularly derails or hijacks discussions. They thrive on the fact that they drive sensible people crazy. No amount of facts or links or rational responses will change their minds. It's a complete waste of time to engage them.

The only advice I can give: just ignore them; they'll quietly slink away. Their oxygen is from your head exploding.
    Lol. The guy just won’t shut the f up. His attempts at coherency and intelligence come off as desperate and whiny. 

LOL....  No, I just prefer reality to zealots using a techinical forum to evangelize their right wing propaganda.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53773776

US labels Confucius Institute a Chinese 'foreign mission'

"The US has designated the Confucius Institute (CI), the Chinese government-run global education programme, as a foreign propaganda mission.

The order says CI, which offers language and cultural programmes overseas, is "owned or effectively controlled" by a foreign government.

Staff will be required to register and adhere to restrictions similar to those placed on diplomatic embassies.

It comes amid worsening relations between China and the US.

In a statement announcing the move, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called the Confucius Institute "an entity advancing Beijing's global propaganda and malign influence campaign" on American classrooms and campuses."

Not yet a level playing field, as China's censors media, both inside and outside China, that is harmful to its own government, though it is another useful move by the U.S.

LOL...  Does anybody but right wing crazies believe anything Pompeo says anymore?

It's a shame:   The U.S. used to be trusted and respected because it operated from facts based on intelligence.   Now it's like a grade school kid making up taunts and name calling.
  • Reply 103 of 108
    tmay said:
    gatorguy said:
    Japhey said:
    GG1 said:
    Japhey said:
    hexclock said:

"The US has designated the Confucius Institute (CI), the Chinese government-run global education programme, as a foreign propaganda mission.

The order says CI, which offers language and cultural programmes overseas, is "owned or effectively controlled" by a foreign government.

Staff will be required to register and adhere to restrictions similar to those placed on diplomatic embassies.

In a statement announcing the move, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called the Confucius Institute "an entity advancing Beijing's global propaganda and malign influence campaign" on American classrooms and campuses."

Not yet a level playing field, as China's censors media, both inside and outside China, that is harmful to its own government, though it is another useful move by the U.S.

Other countries have already dealt with those, so it's not really unique to the US (to add some perspective here):
    From https://hongkongfp.com/2020/04/24/gothenburg-axes-twin-city-agreement-with-shanghai-as-sweden-closes-all-confucius-institutes/: Sweden also closed the last of its classrooms sponsored by the Chinese state last week after the final Confucius Institute closed last year. The school is considered a cultural export with Chinese language and cultural programmes, though some perceive it to be part of Beijing’s propaganda network.
    Edit: Link to wikipedia regarding political goals of the Confucius Institute: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucius_Institute#Political_goals
    edited August 2020
  • Reply 104 of 108
    svanstrom said:
    tmay said:
    gatorguy said:
    Japhey said:
    GG1 said:
    Japhey said:
    hexclock said:

Other countries have already dealt with those, so it's not really unique to the US (to add some perspective here):
    From https://hongkongfp.com/2020/04/24/gothenburg-axes-twin-city-agreement-with-shanghai-as-sweden-closes-all-confucius-institutes/: Sweden also closed the last of its classrooms sponsored by the Chinese state last week after the final Confucius Institute closed last year. The school is considered a cultural export with Chinese language and cultural programmes, though some perceive it to be part of Beijing’s propaganda network.
    Edit: Link to wikipedia regarding political goals of the Confucius Institute: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucius_Institute#Political_goals

I find it hilarious that a guy who lives and dies by propaganda would be accusing others of....   propaganda!   I guess it's just what they do:   the thief calling "Thief! Stop him!"
  • Reply 105 of 108
    More winning!
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 106 of 108
    john_tjohn_t Posts: 12member
    john_t said:
    john_t said:
    svanstrom said:
    tzeshan said:
    Very risky for him to plainly state this in the press. China could simply seize their operations still in China.
    He has many years dealing with Chinese government. He knows Chinese government much better than you being brain washed by western propaganda  war against Chinese government. 
    To be fair, you don't have to "know the Chinese government" to see what it does in the world; and then extrapolate from that. Like how the CCP right now is attacking anything that inconveniences them in Hong Kong (especially media); and how they've kidnapped foreign citizens from other countries (Gui Minhai; Swedish citizen, kidnapped from Thailand). 光復香港,時代革命.

Like how we gas peaceful protestors, send Gestapo troops into Democratic cities, ripping kids from their parents & sticking them in cages?  That kind of "attacking"?   Or, our CIA's secret renditions or Meng kidnapped on her way into another country?  That kind of kidnapping?   Oh wait!  Never mind.  I forgot you're a China hater.   Your leader needs to distract you from what is going on in your own country.
    Nah, more like China‘s sticking over a million Uigurs into concentration camps and systematically murdering them. Or invading Tibet, killing half the population and then start settling millions of mainland Chinese there. Or ignoring treaties they signed, integrating Hong Kong into their communist dictatorship, killing anyone who opposes them. 

I get where you‘re coming from - things are really crappy in the US right now but compared to China, the US is a peaceful, provincial place. 

You‘ll change your mind once China has occupied Taiwan, uses its military stationed in South American countries to cause trouble in that region, has occupied the islands surrounding Japan, has started an all-out war with India etc. Right now, they‘re quietly and efficiently putting themselves into the strategic position to attack anywhere on the planet.

Yeh, IF you believe the right wing propaganda....

And, China doesn't have to "occupy" Taiwan.   It's already theirs.  All they have to do is take it back.  It's a matter of when, not if.    It's only the Trumpers who have forgotten that.
    As for the rest of your last paragraph.   See my first paragraph.
    So Tibet is right-wing propaganda? And Hong Kong as well? And no: Taiwan is NOT China. Not sure why you’re saying stuff like that. 

Why do I say Taiwan is part of China?   Because the entire world -- except for the crazy, deluded Trumpers -- says it!
    Literally nobody says it and I’m a social democrat in Europe. 
    svanstrom
  • Reply 107 of 108
    john_t said:
    john_t said:
    john_t said:
    svanstrom said:
    tzeshan said:
    Very risky for him to plainly state this in the press. China could simply seize their operations still in China.
    He has many years dealing with Chinese government. He knows Chinese government much better than you being brain washed by western propaganda  war against Chinese government. 
    To be fair, you don't have to "know the Chinese government" to see what it does in the world; and then extrapolate from that. Like how the CCP right now is attacking anything that inconveniences them in Hong Kong (especially media); and how they've kidnapped foreign citizens from other countries (Gui Minhai; Swedish citizen, kidnapped from Thailand). 光復香港,時代革命.

Like how we gas peaceful protestors, send Gestapo troops into Democratic cities, ripping kids from their parents & sticking them in cages?  That kind of "attacking"?   Or, our CIA's secret renditions or Meng kidnapped on her way into another country?  That kind of kidnapping?   Oh wait!  Never mind.  I forgot you're a China hater.   Your leader needs to distract you from what is going on in your own country.
    Nah, more like China‘s sticking over a million Uigurs into concentration camps and systematically murdering them. Or invading Tibet, killing half the population and then start settling millions of mainland Chinese there. Or ignoring treaties they signed, integrating Hong Kong into their communist dictatorship, killing anyone who opposes them. 

I get where you‘re coming from - things are really crappy in the US right now but compared to China, the US is a peaceful, provincial place. 

You‘ll change your mind once China has occupied Taiwan, uses its military stationed in South American countries to cause trouble in that region, has occupied the islands surrounding Japan, has started an all-out war with India etc. Right now, they‘re quietly and efficiently putting themselves into the strategic position to attack anywhere on the planet.

Yeh, IF you believe the right wing propaganda....

And, China doesn't have to "occupy" Taiwan.   It's already theirs.  All they have to do is take it back.  It's a matter of when, not if.    It's only the Trumpers who have forgotten that.
    As for the rest of your last paragraph.   See my first paragraph.
    So Tibet is right-wing propaganda? And Hong Kong as well? And no: Taiwan is NOT China. Not sure why you’re saying stuff like that. 

Why do I say Taiwan is part of China?   Because the entire world -- except for the crazy, deluded Trumpers -- says it!
    Literally nobody says it and I’m a social democrat in Europe. 

LOL....  Educate yourself.