tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    seanj said:
    The Chinese people, contrary to right wing propaganda, seem to be far happier with their government than we here in the U.S.  The Chinese aren't the ones talking about civil war, sending armed militias to invade state government houses and kidnapping their leaders -- or coups to overturn their government.

Responsible, ethical leadership doesn't depend on the form of government.
    • The 1 million Chinese people currently interred in concentration camps simply because they  happen to be Uygur ethnic Muslims would disagree with you.
    • The 8 million people of Hong Kong who are seeing their rights removed by the Chinese Communist Party reneging on the 1997 handover deal would disagree with you.
    • The 3 million Tibetans whose country is illegally occupied by China would disagree with you.
    • The 24 million people of Taiwan who live with the constant threat of being attacked and invaded by China would also probably disagree with you about China.
    • India and Bhutan who have suffered border incursions by the Chinese military would also disagree.
    • As would most nations with territorial waters in the South China Sea who see China attempting to claim sovereignty over their UN recognised territory waters would disagree with you about Chinese good governance.

The Chinese people don’t talk about their unhappiness with their government because all media and communications is monitored. Even the slightest dissent will see a person imprisoned in a Mao-style reeducation camp.

You probably thought the Soviet Union was the ‘workers paradise’ it claimed to be too...

Yeh, if you believe the propaganda from the China haters that Trump spawned.
    As for Hong Kong and Taiwan:  they are part of China not independent.   Hong Kong succumbed to foreign interference to generate insurrection and revolt.   For over a year China tolerated it -- till it started disrupting society too much -- then they quelled it.   Currently the U.S. is trying the same trick in Taiwan. But that will have the same ending there.  

China will not let the U.S. dictate their internal policies.   That frustrates and irritates those who think the U.S. rules the world and can tell others how to live their lives and run their countries.  But it is reality.   A reality that they seem incapable of grasping.

With millions unemployed,  riots in the streets, our infrastructure out of date and crumbling, our safety nets for sick, disabled and older people cracking, and our trillions of debt increasing by $3 Trillion a year one would think that the activists would be concerned about our own country.  But perhaps that's the goal:   "Hey!   Look over there!"
    Normally, I would post a shit ton of links to sources from around the world, but the essence is, that GeorgeBMac is factually wrong about almost everything that he posts on China.

It's almost like he is part of the United Front Work Department;

https://thediplomat.com/2020/11/chinas-influence-operations-hurt-chances-for-real-engagement/

"What is more concerning from the report was the investigation identifying 600 U.S. organizations with ties to the Chinese Communist Party. More specifically, the groups were linked with the CCP’s United Front Work Department, which aims to influence foreign groups through various seemingly unaffiliated organizations. The concern is that those who engage with these organizations might be unaware of their links to the Chinese Communist Party."
    This article is not specific at all. What kind of ties? What kind of links. This article does not give specific details. I think if this article give the specifics it will be very laughable. 
    Not to worry. I think that you are part of United Front as well, and I have stated that previously. I base this on the many comments that you have made to me in the past. 

Nonetheless, I could find even more links, from many other countries experiencing the same issues with Chinese Diaspora. Australia would be a very good place to start, since the United Front Work Department has been so blatant in their actions and public responses, not to mention Official Chines Government statements.

People aren't seeing China in a good light these days, and it looks to worsen; Wolf Diplomacy and all that.
    Your guessing on me is completely wrong. It shows that your knowledge about UFW is poor and biased. 
    Am I wrong? Your words don't suggest otherwise, and as I stated, I can link to a wide variety of articles on the UFWP (United Front) quite easily.

Do I need to go back to original comments that you made to me when you first showed up here, suggesting that I was Falun Gong, and a follower of Epoch Times? Perhaps your bias towards the PRC, and free speech here in the U.S., doesn't sit well with you.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/06/08/chinas-foreign-interference-likely-widespread-in-canada-says-author-of-new-report.html

https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/the-party-speaks-for-you-foreign-interference-and-the-chinese-communist-partys-united-front-system/
    Of course you are wrong. I am a Chinese. I understand  what is wrong with FLG and EpochTimes. I am curious. You like to put a hat on other people head. Who you are? Are you from any organization? To me, you read more like that. My guess is you are actually a Chinese or someone from Taiwan or Hong Kong. 

About the conflicts between US and China right now, I think they are really rooted due tot eh cultural differences between China and Western culture. CCP just happens to be the governing body of China. But back over one hundred years ago US Congress still passed the Chinese Exclusion Act. If you study the history, communism and CCP did not exist. Still the hatred of the white people in US toward Chinese is so high that a democratic US Congress will pass a law toward a race. There is nothing to be proud and the western culture not completely better than Chinese culture. 

Nah!  He's not Chinese, just a standard American Trumper.   We're infested with them here.

And no, its not cultural.   Prior to Trump the U.S. recognized China as a serious competitor.  And, while it did have a few issues with the country it nevertheless saw China as a competitor rather than an enemy to be attacked.   Trump changed that and, doing what he usually does, initiated a smear campaign to spread hate and fear among his foolish followers.   But don't attribute that to America or Americans.  America is a land of immigrants, not xenophobes.   Those who follow Trump give their loyalty to him rather than their country.   The real America rose up and fired him.   He'll soon be just a bad memory -- hopefully sharing a cell with Bubba.
    Why do I think it is cultural? Because culture is the behavior of a group of people. Democracy thus represent the culture of a group of people. The winner in an election won by majority. Dictator does not need to win by a group of people. Thus the winning does not represent the culture of a group of people. However, in order to carry out a policy the dictator has to please the culture of a group of people. Otherwise, the policy is difficult to execute and succeed. Trump won in 2016 by appealing the culture of a group of Americans. However, his policies turn out to be against the Americans culture. Thus he lost in 2020 election. This is a very simplified view and may not please a lot people. 

Chump won by piggy backing onto a world view created by 20 years of unopposed, unchallenged right wing propaganda.
    Free speech is both a strength and a weakness of western democracy.   And he and his friend Vladimir exploited that weakness to gain power and control.

The alternative reality that Chump fed off of still exists in the world of those who live in that reality.  But, for the first time in 20 years, the falsehoods of that reality are being openly exposed and challenged.   We saw the opening rounds of that battle between right wing propaganda and reality play out in 2020.  The world of right wing propaganda lost but has not conceded. 

• Reply 82 of 146
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,696member
    seanj said:
    The Chinese people, contrary to right wing propaganda, seem to be far happier with their government than we here in the U.S.  The Chinese aren't the ones Talking about civil war, sending armed militias to invade state government houses and kidnapping their leaders -- or coups to overturn their government.

• The 1 million Chinese people currently interred in concentration camps simply because they  happen to be Uygur ethnic Muslims would disagree with you.
    • The 8 million people of Hong Kong who are seeing their rights removed by the Chinese Communist Party reneging on the 1997 handover deal would disagree with you.
    • The 3 million Tibetans whose country is illegally occupied by China would disagree with you.
    • The 24 million people of Taiwan who live with the constant threat of being attacked and invaded by China would also probably disagree with you about China.
    • India and Bhutan who have suffered border incursions by the Chinese military would also disagree.
    • As would most nations with territorial waters in the South China Sea who see China attempting to claim sovereignty over their UN recognised territory waters would disagree with you about Chinese good governance.

The Chinese people don’t talk about their unhappiness with their government because all media and communications is monitored. Even the slightest dissent will see a person imprisoned in a Mao-style reeducation camp.

You probably thought the Soviet Union was the ‘workers paradise’ it claimed to be too...

As an outsider to most or all of the places you mention, it is never a good idea to speak for 'everybody'. 

I once actually tried to determine some facts about your first point but ended up going around in circles. IIRC, I think the highest number I found was a 100,000 (a number that was more or less verifiable). Then it seems someone said '1 million' and everyone picked up on it. Then '2 million' and the same thing happened.

I'm not going to use more of my time trying to find decent information but if you have a link to a solid source, I'd be interested. 

As for the article, I think Apple is doing the right thing from a purely business perspective. Widening the production spread to protect your business from natural disasters, economic, social or political turmoil is a very good thing. If you can lower production costs, then it's even better. Now we can add potential health issues to that list. 

I've always said that relying on one company for chipset fabrication was a huge risk. I still think the same way. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 83 of 146
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,341member
  • Reply 84 of 146
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    avon b7 said:
    seanj said:
    The Chinese people, contrary to right wing propaganda, seem to be far happier with their government than we here in the U.S.  The Chinese aren't the ones Talking about civil war, sending armed militias to invade state government houses and kidnapping their leaders -- or coups to overturn their government.

As an outsider to most or all of the places you mention, it is never a good idea to speak for 'everybody'. 

I once actually tried to determine some facts about your first point but ended up going around in circles. IIRC, I think the highest number I found was a 100,000 (a number that was more or less verifiable). Then it seems someone said '1 million' and everyone picked up on it. Then '2 million' and the same thing happened.

I'm not going to use more of my time trying to find decent information but if you have a link to a solid source, I'd be interested. 

As for the article, I think Apple is doing the right thing from a purely business perspective. Widening the production spread to protect your business from natural disasters, economic, social or political turmoil is a very good thing. If you can lower production costs, then it's even better. Now we can add potential health issues to that list. 

I've always said that relying on one company for chipset fabrication was a huge risk. I still think the same way. 
    It doesn't take much to make false allegations.
    Neither does it take much to latch on to a mole hill and make a mountain out of it (that's just a variation of making false accusations)
    All you have to do is look at recent court decisions here in the U.S. blasting them and condemning them as nonsense.

• Reply 85 of 146
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    tmay said:
    Italian scientists published a paper on Lancet medical medicine saying Italians had suffered COVID-19 last year before the disease outbreak in Wuhan at end of December, 2019. 
    Aids outbreak happened in SF US in the 1980s. It was found the virus originated in Africa. Scientists know the origin of a transmittable disease cannot be tied to the place of first outbreak. This is science. 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 86 of 146
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    seanj said:
    The Chinese people, contrary to right wing propaganda, seem to be far happier with their government than we here in the U.S.  The Chinese aren't the ones talking about civil war, sending armed militias to invade state government houses and kidnapping their leaders -- or coups to overturn their government.

As for Hong Kong and Taiwan:  they are part of China not independent.   Hong Kong succumbed to foreign interference to generate insurrection and revolt.   For over a year China tolerated it -- till it started disrupting society too much -- then they quelled it.   Currently the U.S. is trying the same trick in Taiwan. But that will have the same ending there.  

China will not let the U.S. dictate their internal policies.   That frustrates and irritates those who think the U.S. rules the world and can tell others how to live their lives and run their countries.  But it is reality.   A reality that they seem incapable of grasping.

With millions unemployed,  riots in the streets, our infrastructure out of date and crumbling, our safety nets for sick, disabled and older people cracking, and our trillions of debt increasing by $3 Trillion a year one would think that the activists would be concerned about our own country.  But perhaps that's the goal:   "Hey!   Look over there!"
    Normally, I would post a shit ton of links to sources from around the world, but the essence is, that GeorgeBMac is factually wrong about almost everything that he posts on China.

https://thediplomat.com/2020/11/chinas-influence-operations-hurt-chances-for-real-engagement/

"What is more concerning from the report was the investigation identifying 600 U.S. organizations with ties to the Chinese Communist Party. More specifically, the groups were linked with the CCP’s United Front Work Department, which aims to influence foreign groups through various seemingly unaffiliated organizations. The concern is that those who engage with these organizations might be unaware of their links to the Chinese Communist Party."
    This article is not specific at all. What kind of ties? What kind of links. This article does not give specific details. I think if this article give the specifics it will be very laughable. 
    Not to worry. I think that you are part of United Front as well, and I have stated that previously. I base this on the many comments that you have made to me in the past. 

Nonetheless, I could find even more links, from many other countries experiencing the same issues with Chinese Diaspora. Australia would be a very good place to start, since the United Front Work Department has been so blatant in their actions and public responses, not to mention Official Chines Government statements.

People aren't seeing China in a good light these days, and it looks to worsen; Wolf Diplomacy and all that.
    Your guessing on me is completely wrong. It shows that your knowledge about UFW is poor and biased. 
    Am I wrong? Your words don't suggest otherwise, and as I stated, I can link to a wide variety of articles on the UFWP (United Front) quite easily.

Do I need to go back to original comments that you made to me when you first showed up here, suggesting that I was Falun Gong, and a follower of Epoch Times? Perhaps your bias towards the PRC, and free speech here in the U.S., doesn't sit well with you.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/06/08/chinas-foreign-interference-likely-widespread-in-canada-says-author-of-new-report.html

https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/the-party-speaks-for-you-foreign-interference-and-the-chinese-communist-partys-united-front-system/
    Of course you are wrong. I am a Chinese. I understand  what is wrong with FLG and EpochTimes. I am curious. You like to put a hat on other people head. Who you are? Are you from any organization? To me, you read more like that. My guess is you are actually a Chinese or someone from Taiwan or Hong Kong. 

About the conflicts between US and China right now, I think they are really rooted due tot eh cultural differences between China and Western culture. CCP just happens to be the governing body of China. But back over one hundred years ago US Congress still passed the Chinese Exclusion Act. If you study the history, communism and CCP did not exist. Still the hatred of the white people in US toward Chinese is so high that a democratic US Congress will pass a law toward a race. There is nothing to be proud and the western culture not completely better than Chinese culture. 

Uhm, as fucked up as the U.S. is, we aren't the Chinese Government, nor the CCP. That you even can post your thoughts on here is because the internet is mostly open in the West. That is not true for China. 

Interesting that you admit that the CCP did not exist years ago, in fact, only since 1947 has the CCP controlled Mainland China. I'm guessing that Taiwan understands that distinction as well. Most countries abide by the unwritten rule of not supporting Taiwan so as not to "offend" the PRC, but I certainly don't have to.

For the record, I'm a senior, liberal, U.S. Caucasian male, happy that Joe Biden is President Elect, and a person who wants the U.S and our allies to prepare for the inevitable conflict with China in the Indo Pacific. 

Yes, our cultures are different, and there is a lot of U.S. history that I am not proud of, but your whataboutism distracts from the facts that China has imprisoned a large number of ethnic minorities, subjugated Tibet, and is attempting to erase minority cultures, in favor of a pure Han culture, and has executed dissenters and sold the body parts, which is certainly despicable. Frankly, Mainland China is a threat to both the existing world order, and world peace.

Yeah, I defend the democracy that used to exist in Hong Kong, and certainly defend the Democracy of Taiwan, which doesn't belong to the PRC just because they decided that it did.

I'm also not keen on the military expansionism that is being used in the South China Seas to bully other countries and steal their resources. If you are a U.S. citizen, as you have stated in the past, then you certainly must understand the differences between a Democracy, and the single party rule of the CCP.

Maybe you prefer that China keeps interfering in other nations affairs, especially as it concerns Chinese diaspora remaining faithful to the aims of the PRC.

I don't.
    OK. Thanks for telling who you are. This will make our conversation easier and more correct. Because different people has different thoughts based on his background.

It seems your biggest problem like many China haters is you have very poor knowledge of history. One reason is US media and government have engaged in anti-communism anti-China propaganda for many years. As a result they don't let average Americans know what is really going in China if it is positive for China. Like Taiwan, Pompeio said Taiwan has not been a part of China for many years. Is this a truth statement? No it is a partially factual statement. If he said Taiwan is not a part of China. Then it is a truth statement from the standpoint of US. Can you understand this English difference I am talking about?

Taiwan was a part of China before Japan forced cessation from China in 1895. After 1945, Taiwan returned to China. The civil war between KMD and CCP caused Taiwan to separate from mainland China since 1949. I am against CCP using force to reunite Taiwan. But I think it is not wrong for Taiwan to peacefully reunite with mainland China.

Historically South China Sea has been used mainly by Chinese to do trade and immigrate to southeast Asia. At that time, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia are not nations. Today these nations want to reclaim the islands as theirs. And according to international rule they can claim surrounding waters as their economic zone. They are posing a security threat to China which has 1.4 billion people. US built a first island chain outside China's eastern coast. US propaganda says this is to prevent the expansion of China. In reality, this is a grave military and security threat to China. You like US to continue the conflict with China. It seems in the future US forces can conveniently launch strikes to China from these islands. Of course, from a US racist like you will think this is justified. Because US has demonized China. There is nothing wrong with attacking a demon. But from civilization point of view, this is nothing different from Hitler putting millions of Jews into concentration camps. Hitler has conveniently labelled Jews as security threat to making Germany great again. His initial motive is this simple. But as history progress, he engaged in wars with surrounding nation. He has little time to pay attention to millions of Jews in concentration camps. And Germany is running of foods. The people in concentration are hungry and getting sick. Nazis cannot take of them. To prevent the spread of disease they put them in gas chamber and burned them. I think this is the true story. But the history you heard about Hitler has omitted many details. As a result I think the western culture did not really learn the lesson of Nazis. And Trump is able to use lies after lies to fool over 70 million Americans as his followers. I regained my confidence in US democracy. Because more Americans can see the lies. 

But Americans have to learn the conflict between US and China is cultural not CCP. Use government to govern a nation is Chinese culture not communism. 
    No, it's Communism, hence why it was an anti-communist, President Richard Nixon, that was instrumental in opening up China.
    '
    Did you fail to mention that the West gave ample time for China to adapt itself to the global rules of order, and you don't need to guess what happened in 2015? 

That's when Xi Jinping became head of the CCP and subsequently, became President for Life of the PRC. That sounds suspiciously less about Chinese culture than it does about a rapid turn to a dictatorship. The militarization that has followed is the issue.

The reason that the West has such an interest in the South China Sea, is that some 70% of the world's trade travels through there, and it is Western Navies that have maintained the Freedom of Navigation through the South China Sea for going on seven decades. Now China, against the rulings of the UN, is militarizing that Sea, and at the same time interfering with the rights of other countries. 

You had to go and butcher the history of the Holocaust with massive falsehoods. Typical of the United Front Work Department.

Maybe you should mention that Mao was directly responsible for the deaths of 30 million of his own people, which dwarfs what Hitler did in the Holocaust.
    Massive falsehoods of holocaust? You want to fool who? If this is massive, why can't you name a single massive falsehood? I really like to hear you to point it out. You are being brainwashed for decades by western anti-communism propaganda during the cold war. You only know to use empty words in a dispute without providing any fact. This is typical trait of trumpers. 

Use some common sense with a reasonable mind then you can see the falsehood of US propaganda. 70% of the world's trade travels through South China Sea. Which nation makes the largest part of the trade? China! Why would a nation that depends on such large trade wants to cause conflicts? If China stopped the peaceful trade through South China Sea, why would any other nation want to continue trade with China? This is completely out of sense. Unfortunately you could not use this simple logic to think clearly.

By the way, what are global rules of order?

https://www.unaa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/UNAA_RulesBasedOrder_ARTweb3.pdf

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2011/10/world-war-ii-the-holocaust/100170/

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/introduction-to-the-holocaust
    The Wikipedia article is more complete. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust#Origins
    "Throughout the Middle Ages in Europe, Jews were subjected to antisemitism based on Christian theology, which blamed them for killing Jesus.  Even after the ReformationCatholicism and Lutheranism continued to persecute Jews, accusing them of blood libels and subjecting them to pogroms and expulsions.[61] The second half of the 19th century saw the emergence in the German empire and Austria-Hungary of the völkisch movement, developed by such thinkers as Houston Stewart Chamberlain and Paul de Lagarde. The movement embraced a pseudo-scientific racism that viewed Jews as a race whose members were locked in mortal combat with the Aryan race for world domination."

"After World War I (1914–1918), many Germans did not accept that their country had been defeated, which gave birth to the stab-in-the-back myth. This insinuated that it was disloyal politicians, chiefly Jews and communists, who had orchestrated Germany's surrender. Inflaming the anti-Jewish sentiment was the apparent over-representation of Jews in the leadership of communist revolutionary governments in Europe, such as Ernst Toller, head of a short-lived revolutionary government in Bavaria. This perception contributed to the canard of Jewish Bolshevism.[65]"

"Early antisemites in the Nazi Party included Dietrich Eckart, publisher of the Völkischer Beobachter, the party's newspaper, and Alfred Rosenberg, who wrote antisemitic articles for it in the 1920s. Rosenberg's vision of a secretive Jewish conspiracy ruling the world would influence Hitler's views of Jews by making them the driving force behind communism.[66] Central to Hitler's world view was the idea of expansion and Lebensraum (living space) in Eastern Europe for German Aryans, a policy of what Doris Bergen called "race and space". Open about his hatred of Jews, he subscribed to common antisemitic stereotypes.[67] From the early 1920s onwards, he compared the Jews to germs and said they should be dealt with in the same way. He viewed Marxism as a Jewish doctrine, said he was fighting against "Jewish Marxism", and believed that Jews had created communism as part of a conspiracy to destroy Germany.[68]"

Isn't this very similar to Trump rhetoric against Biden?

Rhetoric, aka talking? Simple words. Hardly the same as actions taken by the Nazi party. Geez. 
    tmay
  • Reply 87 of 146
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    Italian scientists published a paper on Lancet medical medicine saying Italians had suffered COVID-19 last year before the disease outbreak in Wuhan at end of December, 2019. 
    Aids outbreak happened in SF US in the 1980s. It was found the virus originated in Africa. Scientists know the origin of a transmittable disease cannot be tied to the place of first outbreak. This is science. 
    https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-italy-timing/researchers-find-coronavirus-was-circulating-in-italy-earlier-than-thought-idUSKBN27W1J2

"ROME (Reuters) - The new coronavirus was circulating in Italy in September 2019, a study by the National Cancer Institute (INT) of the Italian city of Milan shows, signaling that it might have spread beyond China earlier than thought."

The origin is still considered to be from the Wuhan Region of China. Many nations have requested an investigation to determine the source. 

https://science.thewire.in/health/coronavirus-source-china-who-control-xi-jinping-tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus/

"New Delhi: In a bid to find the origins of the novel coronavirus, the WHO “ceded” control to China, allowing the country’s government to “whitewash” its failure to quickly isolate and contain the virus, an investigation by the New York Times has found.

The newspaper accessed internal documents and conducted interviews with more than 50 public-health officials, scientists and diplomats that show how the “disempowered” WHO was eager to “win access and coordination” from China but achieved neither. The documents also show that China was able to extract concessions from WHO which allowed the government to delay important research and avoided a “potentially embarrassing” review of its early response.

The virus’s origin still remains a mystery and the trail may have now gone cold. While China has been secretive about past virus outbreaks – such as the SARS epidemic in 2002, the country later allowed international teams to investigate for the animal source of viruses. This time, the investigation has been “shrouded in secrecy”, according to the New York Times.

Not a great way for China to gain the world's trust.

edited November 2020 elijahg
  • Reply 88 of 146
    gatorguy said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    seanj said:

Uhm, as fucked up as the U.S. is, we aren't the Chinese Government, nor the CCP. That you even can post your thoughts on here is because the internet is mostly open in the West. That is not true for China. 

Interesting that you admit that the CCP did not exist years ago, in fact, only since 1947 has the CCP controlled Mainland China. I'm guessing that Taiwan understands that distinction as well. Most countries abide by the unwritten rule of not supporting Taiwan so as not to "offend" the PRC, but I certainly don't have to.

For the record, I'm a senior, liberal, U.S. Caucasian male, happy that Joe Biden is President Elect, and a person who wants the U.S and our allies to prepare for the inevitable conflict with China in the Indo Pacific. 

Yes, our cultures are different, and there is a lot of U.S. history that I am not proud of, but your whataboutism distracts from the facts that China has imprisoned a large number of ethnic minorities, subjugated Tibet, and is attempting to erase minority cultures, in favor of a pure Han culture, and has executed dissenters and sold the body parts, which is certainly despicable. Frankly, Mainland China is a threat to both the existing world order, and world peace.

Yeah, I defend the democracy that used to exist in Hong Kong, and certainly defend the Democracy of Taiwan, which doesn't belong to the PRC just because they decided that it did.

I'm also not keen on the military expansionism that is being used in the South China Seas to bully other countries and steal their resources. If you are a U.S. citizen, as you have stated in the past, then you certainly must understand the differences between a Democracy, and the single party rule of the CCP.

Maybe you prefer that China keeps interfering in other nations affairs, especially as it concerns Chinese diaspora remaining faithful to the aims of the PRC.

I don't.
    OK. Thanks for telling who you are. This will make our conversation easier and more correct. Because different people has different thoughts based on his background.

It seems your biggest problem like many China haters is you have very poor knowledge of history. One reason is US media and government have engaged in anti-communism anti-China propaganda for many years. As a result they don't let average Americans know what is really going in China if it is positive for China. Like Taiwan, Pompeio said Taiwan has not been a part of China for many years. Is this a truth statement? No it is a partially factual statement. If he said Taiwan is not a part of China. Then it is a truth statement from the standpoint of US. Can you understand this English difference I am talking about?

Taiwan was a part of China before Japan forced cessation from China in 1895. After 1945, Taiwan returned to China. The civil war between KMD and CCP caused Taiwan to separate from mainland China since 1949. I am against CCP using force to reunite Taiwan. But I think it is not wrong for Taiwan to peacefully reunite with mainland China.

Historically South China Sea has been used mainly by Chinese to do trade and immigrate to southeast Asia. At that time, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia are not nations. Today these nations want to reclaim the islands as theirs. And according to international rule they can claim surrounding waters as their economic zone. They are posing a security threat to China which has 1.4 billion people. US built a first island chain outside China's eastern coast. US propaganda says this is to prevent the expansion of China. In reality, this is a grave military and security threat to China. You like US to continue the conflict with China. It seems in the future US forces can conveniently launch strikes to China from these islands. Of course, from a US racist like you will think this is justified. Because US has demonized China. There is nothing wrong with attacking a demon. But from civilization point of view, this is nothing different from Hitler putting millions of Jews into concentration camps. Hitler has conveniently labelled Jews as security threat to making Germany great again. His initial motive is this simple. But as history progress, he engaged in wars with surrounding nation. He has little time to pay attention to millions of Jews in concentration camps. And Germany is running of foods. The people in concentration are hungry and getting sick. Nazis cannot take of them. To prevent the spread of disease they put them in gas chamber and burned them. I think this is the true story. But the history you heard about Hitler has omitted many details. As a result I think the western culture did not really learn the lesson of Nazis. And Trump is able to use lies after lies to fool over 70 million Americans as his followers. I regained my confidence in US democracy. Because more Americans can see the lies. 

But Americans have to learn the conflict between US and China is cultural not CCP. Use government to govern a nation is Chinese culture not communism. 
    No, it's Communism, hence why it was an anti-communist, President Richard Nixon, that was instrumental in opening up China.
    '
    Did you fail to mention that the West gave ample time for China to adapt itself to the global rules of order, and you don't need to guess what happened in 2015? 

That's when Xi Jinping became head of the CCP and subsequently, became President for Life of the PRC. That sounds suspiciously less about Chinese culture than it does about a rapid turn to a dictatorship. The militarization that has followed is the issue.

The reason that the West has such an interest in the South China Sea, is that some 70% of the world's trade travels through there, and it is Western Navies that have maintained the Freedom of Navigation through the South China Sea for going on seven decades. Now China, against the rulings of the UN, is militarizing that Sea, and at the same time interfering with the rights of other countries. 

You had to go and butcher the history of the Holocaust with massive falsehoods. Typical of the United Front Work Department.

Maybe you should mention that Mao was directly responsible for the deaths of 30 million of his own people, which dwarfs what Hitler did in the Holocaust.
    Massive falsehoods of holocaust? You want to fool who? If this is massive, why can't you name a single massive falsehood? I really like to hear you to point it out. You are being brainwashed for decades by western anti-communism propaganda during the cold war. You only know to use empty words in a dispute without providing any fact. This is typical trait of trumpers. 

Use some common sense with a reasonable mind then you can see the falsehood of US propaganda. 70% of the world's trade travels through South China Sea. Which nation makes the largest part of the trade? China! Why would a nation that depends on such large trade wants to cause conflicts? If China stopped the peaceful trade through South China Sea, why would any other nation want to continue trade with China? This is completely out of sense. Unfortunately you could not use this simple logic to think clearly.

https://www.unaa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/UNAA_RulesBasedOrder_ARTweb3.pdf

The Wikipedia article is more complete. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust#Origins
    "Throughout the Middle Ages in Europe, Jews were subjected to antisemitism based on Christian theology, which blamed them for killing Jesus.  Even after the ReformationCatholicism and Lutheranism continued to persecute Jews, accusing them of blood libels and subjecting them to pogroms and expulsions.[61] The second half of the 19th century saw the emergence in the German empire and Austria-Hungary of the völkisch movement, developed by such thinkers as Houston Stewart Chamberlain and Paul de Lagarde. The movement embraced a pseudo-scientific racism that viewed Jews as a race whose members were locked in mortal combat with the Aryan race for world domination."

"After World War I (1914–1918), many Germans did not accept that their country had been defeated, which gave birth to the stab-in-the-back myth. This insinuated that it was disloyal politicians, chiefly Jews and communists, who had orchestrated Germany's surrender. Inflaming the anti-Jewish sentiment was the apparent over-representation of Jews in the leadership of communist revolutionary governments in Europe, such as Ernst Toller, head of a short-lived revolutionary government in Bavaria. This perception contributed to the canard of Jewish Bolshevism.[65]"

"Early antisemites in the Nazi Party included Dietrich Eckart, publisher of the Völkischer Beobachter, the party's newspaper, and Alfred Rosenberg, who wrote antisemitic articles for it in the 1920s. Rosenberg's vision of a secretive Jewish conspiracy ruling the world would influence Hitler's views of Jews by making them the driving force behind communism.[66] Central to Hitler's world view was the idea of expansion and Lebensraum (living space) in Eastern Europe for German Aryans, a policy of what Doris Bergen called "race and space". Open about his hatred of Jews, he subscribed to common antisemitic stereotypes.[67] From the early 1920s onwards, he compared the Jews to germs and said they should be dealt with in the same way. He viewed Marxism as a Jewish doctrine, said he was fighting against "Jewish Marxism", and believed that Jews had created communism as part of a conspiracy to destroy Germany.[68]"

Rhetoric, aka talking? Simple words. Hardly the same as actions taken by the Nazi party. Geez. 
    It is fortunate US democratic system is different. But wait if Republicans can grab control of Presidency, Congress, and Supreme Court. Then they can do things like the Nazis. 
    It is very strange, isn't it? Trump is the third generation American. He lived in US all his life. But he does not understand US election system. US election is operated by all local nonpartisan officials. Their mission is to collect voting from US citizens. They are not controlled by any party. Now Trump accuses a US party is able to engage in massive voting fraud. This means this party is able to collaborate with massive local election officials. Is this scientifically possible? 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 89 of 146
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-italy-timing/researchers-find-coronavirus-was-circulating-in-italy-earlier-than-thought-idUSKBN27W1J2

"ROME (Reuters) - The new coronavirus was circulating in Italy in September 2019, a study by the National Cancer Institute (INT) of the Italian city of Milan shows, signaling that it might have spread beyond China earlier than thought."

The origin is still considered to be from the Wuhan Region of China. Many nations have requested an investigation to determine the source. 

https://science.thewire.in/health/coronavirus-source-china-who-control-xi-jinping-tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus/

"New Delhi: In a bid to find the origins of the novel coronavirus, the WHO “ceded” control to China, allowing the country’s government to “whitewash” its failure to quickly isolate and contain the virus, an investigation by the New York Times has found.

The newspaper accessed internal documents and conducted interviews with more than 50 public-health officials, scientists and diplomats that show how the “disempowered” WHO was eager to “win access and coordination” from China but achieved neither. The documents also show that China was able to extract concessions from WHO which allowed the government to delay important research and avoided a “potentially embarrassing” review of its early response.

The virus’s origin still remains a mystery and the trail may have now gone cold. While China has been secretive about past virus outbreaks – such as the SARS epidemic in 2002, the country later allowed international teams to investigate for the animal source of viruses. This time, the investigation has been “shrouded in secrecy”, according to the New York Times.

The accusation of China failed to quickly isolate and contain the virus is stupid. US and Europe have not experienced outbreak of the virus until end of February. There is one month time window. Yet both US and Europe failed to quickly isolate and contain the virus. The fact is COVID-19 is very difficult to isolate and contain. Each virus has different effect on human beings. When the outbreak happened in Wuhan, China has little knowledge how the virus got transmitted. In the beginning Chinese experts even think it is not transmitted from human to human. 
  • Reply 90 of 146
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:

The accusation of China failed to quickly isolate and contain the virus is stupid. US and Europe have not experienced outbreak of the virus until end of February. There is one month time window. Yet both US and Europe failed to quickly isolate and contain the virus. The fact is COVID-19 is very difficult to isolate and contain. Each virus has different effect on human beings. When the outbreak happened in Wuhan, China has little knowledge how the virus got transmitted. In the beginning Chinese experts even think it is not transmitted from human to human. 
    The World wants to know the origin, so that they can find how it spread, and determine how the virus was transmitted from any animal species to humans, all to mitigate this happening in the future.

China is attempting to cover that up. 
    edited November 2020 elijahg
  • Reply 91 of 146
    tmay said:

TMAY's blame China for everything campaign    (Above)
  • Reply 92 of 146
    gatorguy said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    seanj said:

I don't.

'

Sorry -- but he was correct:   Trump and Hitler have both used similar tactics to propagate Fascism in their respective countries.   Trump even likes to call them:  "Very fine people".

Fortunately, unlike the German people of the 1930's, the American people stopped their wanna be fascist dictator.  We fired him - I mean it.  
  • Reply 93 of 146
    gatorguy said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    seanj said:

I don't.

'

Sorry -- but he was correct:   Trump and Hitler have both used similar tactics to propagate Fascism in their respective countries. 

Fortunately, unlike the German people of the 1930's, the American people stopped their wanna be fascist dictator.  We fired him - I mean it.  
    Then he was very plainly incorrect wasn't he? I swear you argue just to argue. 
  • Reply 94 of 146
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:

It only matters to the Excuser in Chief where it may have originated.
    The truth is:  he has to make excuses because while countries like China contained it months ago and fully opened for business he did nothing and it's killing almost a couple thousand Americans each day while he continues to do nothing -- except make empty promises, predictions and excuses.

China on the other hand couldn't even test their vaccine in their own country -- because they had no disease to test it on!
    edited November 2020
  • Reply 95 of 146
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:

The World wants to know the origin, so that they can find how it spread, and determine how the virus was transmitted from any animal species to humans, all to mitigate this happening in the future.

China is attempting to cover that up. 
    It takes time. Use the same reasoning the world also need to investigate several viruses that happened in the last twenty years. How did the world do in the investigations? Be patient. The pandemic is not over yet. 
  • Reply 96 of 146

NVMD
    edited November 2020
  • Reply 97 of 146
    tzeshan said:
    gatorguy said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    seanj said:

I don't.

'

It is fortunate US democratic system is different. But wait if Republicans can grab control of Presidency, Congress, and Supreme Court. Then they can do things like the Nazis. 
    It is very strange, isn't it? Trump is the third generation American. He lived in US all his life. But he does not understand US election system. US election is operated by all local nonpartisan officials. Their mission is to collect voting from US citizens. They are not controlled by any party. Now Trump accuses a US party is able to engage in massive voting fraud. This means this party is able to collaborate with massive local election officials. Is this scientifically possible? 

Trump understands the election system well enough.
    But, like the law -- he doesn't respect it or follow it -- he twists it and (mis)uses it to achieve his own ends.  
    ....  We saw that in 2016 when he colluded with Russia to turn our election and again in 2018 when he tried to collude with Ukraine for the same purpose.    Now he's trying to use the legal system and his shills on his Supreme Court to subvert the will of the people and have himself declared what will become our dictator.
  • Reply 98 of 146
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:

Ok, let's see:   China identified a brand new, never before seen virus and told the world about it in less than a month -- two at the most -- and then contained it in just a few more.

After 10 months, the U.S. has yet to do much of anything -- except crash the economy and die.
    ...  So yeh, let's blame China!
  • Reply 99 of 146
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:

Ok, let's see:   China identified a brand new, never before seen virus and told the world about it in less than a month -- two at the most -- and then contained it in just a few more.

After 10 months, the U.S. has yet to do much of anything -- except crash the economy and die.
     The pandemic is not over. Some people are trying to shift the attention to China to escape for their countries failure to quickly isolate and contain the virus. China is not God. Why do they believe China can do things they cannot do by themselves?
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 100 of 146
    tzeshan said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:
    tzeshan said:
    tmay said:

The pandemic is not over. Some people are trying to shift the attention to China to escape for their countries failure to quickly isolate and contain the virus. China is not God. Why do they believe China can do things they cannot do by themselves?

Why?
    #1  China haters will blame them for anything and everything they can -- even things they have to invent or distort to do so.
    #2  To cover up their own corruption and incompetence.   "Look over there!   Don't look at me!"