Trump vs. Harris: How to watch the September 10 Presidential debate online

Posted:
in General Discussion

September 10 marks the first debate between former President Donald Trump and Vice President Harris, and you don't need a cable subscription to watch it. Here's how you can watch it on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, or Apple Vision Pro.

Kamala Harris and Donald Trump, both wearing dark suits and standing in front of American flags.
How to watch the Trump vs Harris presidential debate online

Election time is just around the corner, and the two hopeful candidates are taking the debate stage at 9:00 pm ET on Tuesday, September 10. The debate will be held at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. David Muir and Linsey Davis will serve as moderators.

The debate will last approximately 1.5 hours with two commercial breaks. There won't be any opening statements this time around, there is no in-studio audience, and candidates will not be permitted to ask questions of each other.

Harris and Trump will each have two minutes to answer the moderators' questions, two minutes for rebuttals, and one minute for any responses or clarifications.

If you're interested in tuning in but don't have the ability to watch via a traditional cable subscription, don't worry -- there are ways around that.

Streaming services airing the debate

A few streaming services you may already have subscriptions to are planning on running the debate as it happens. You'll need an active subscription to tune in, but if you already do, this may be the easiest route.

Disney+ and Hulu will stream the debate via their respective streaming services. If you have a subscription to these services, you can watch from your favorite device.

Apps streaming the debates for free

If you don't have a subscription to one of the streaming services showing the debate, don't fret -- you can still watch them on your favorite devices via a few different apps. Not only does this give you the option to watch on your iPhone or iPad, it also allows you to watch on your Apple TV and even your Apple Vision Pro.

Pluto TV, available on many devices, will show feeds from ABC News Live, CBS News 24/7, and NBC News Now. Similarly, the Tubi app will show feeds from ABC News Live, NBC News Now, and Fox's LiveNow. Both Tubi and Pluto TV have Apple Vision Pro integration.

The NBC News App will also be streaming the debate, and can be installed on your iPad, iPhone, or Apple TV.

Websites streaming the debates for free

If you're planning on watching on your Mac, you might want to skip getting a specific app and just head to one of the many websites streaming the debate.

NBCNews.com will be streaming the debate on its live feed, which you can access here. They'll also be showing it on its YouTube, including a countdown to the debate that starts at 4:00 pm ET.

PBS will also live-stream the debate from the PBS News YouTube channel. Like NBC, PBS plans to have a couple of pre-shows before the debates start.

Viewers in the United Kingdom can tune into Sky News' YouTube channel, and should expect to tune in at 2:00 am BST.

Additionally, you can head to the social media pages of NBC, ABC, CBS, and many others on Facebook, TikTok, or X, where they will likely stream the debates.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 45
    comment section here closing in 3...2...1...
    Cesar Battistini Mazierokurai_kagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 45
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,916administrator
    eightzero said:
    That really depends on commenter's behavior. 
    eightzeroCesar Battistini Mazierokurai_kagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 45
    Everyone should watch. It's important for everyone to know where the candidates stand on important issues affecting each and every one of our lives.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 45
    jimh2jimh2 Posts: 654member
    Why would anyone subject themselves to a debate. I'll summarize...lots of name calling and accusing followed by Trump winging it and Harris parroting off scripted answers. If you want substantive analysis you will need a source like the NYT. They are definitely slanted towards Harris and inflammatory towards Trump but they do make an effort to layout the issues and stances.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 45
    I’ll watch it on C-Span Now, the app of course.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 45
    jimh2 said:
    Why would anyone subject themselves to a debate. I'll summarize...lots of name calling and accusing followed by Trump winging it and Harris parroting off scripted answers. If you want substantive analysis you will need a source like the NYT. They are definitely slanted towards Harris and inflammatory towards Trump but they do make an effort to layout the issues and stances.
    It seems the candidates do not know the questions or topics ahead of time, unlike cupcake prerecorded interviews on some networks..  This is going to be really interesting because they have to respond on the fly.  
    Cesar Battistini Mazierowatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 45
    eightzero said:
    That really depends on commenter's behavior. 
    I'm taking the under.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 45
    ronnronn Posts: 675member
    I don't need a debate. The choice is that clear: A proven track record for VP Harris who is up against a convicted felon that will do anything to avoid jail. All that talk about President Biden's cognitive decline while the traitor clearly has lost the few marbles he had. MSM want him to be as foul as possible to garner clicks and $$$.
    XedITGUYINSDAppleZuluciakurai_kagechasmpaisleydiscowatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 45
    M68000 said:
    jimh2 said:
    It seems the candidates do not know the questions or topics ahead of time, unlike cupcake prerecorded interviews on some networks..  This is going to be really interesting because they have to respond on the fly.  
    Tonight might be different but historically the candidates know the topics in advance but not the questions. This cycle is weird though. Normally the Commission on Presidential Debates manages the debates then picks a theme for each one (Foreign Policy, Economy and so on). For whatever reason the campaigns have decided to forego that this year and just work it out between each other and the networks. 
    Cesar Battistini Mazieroronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 45

jimh2 said:
    In a similar line of thinking I was wondering why we even bother with debates anymore. Previously debates were how people got to know the candidates and their polices. They were aired nationally on broadcast television because that was the most accessible medium. With the rise of the internet candidates can easily take their message to voters directly. There is obviously still room for analysis of proposals to see if they can achieve their intent but two people on stage saying "My idea is better" has seems to have lost it's relevance. 
    ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 45
    A debate at this point is unnecessary, Harris destroyed the cost of living in 4 years, we don't need another 4 years of that.

Trump was better at literally every marker that impacts the majority of the USA population.

MAGA.
    9secondkox2
  • Reply 12 of 45

ronn said:
    I don't need a debate. The choice is that clear: A proven track record for VP Harris who is up against a convicted felon that will do anything to avoid jail. All that talk about President Biden's cognitive decline while the traitor clearly has lost the few marbles he had. MSM want him to be as foul as possible to garner clicks and $$$.
    You clearly haven't watched a single source that shows Trump talking actual points to think like that. You are being manipulated.
    9secondkox2JanNL
  • Reply 13 of 45
    Probably a good time to go out and watch the new Beetlejuice movie.
    9secondkox2ciawatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 45
    XedXed Posts: 2,800member

ronn said:
    You clearly haven't watched a single source that shows Trump talking actual points to think like that. You are being manipulated.
    To each their own, but I can't stand behind a pedophile, convicted rapist, felon, adulterer, and scammer that has never had success with a legitimate business and did nothing but steal from the American people and everyone that has ever worked for him despite having had everything handed to him without ever having to deal with consequences. And that's before we get to America being better off under Biden and before that better off under Obama. I’m neither a Republican nor a Democrat and I agree with George Washington regarding political parties, and yet I sure wish there was an actual Republican in the running against Harris in which to make a decision. MAGA is the ultimate RINO and FOX News is, by definition, the main stream media.

https://teachingamericanhistory.org/blog/george-washington-on-political-parties/
    edited September 10 ronnStabitha_Christie9secondkox2ciakurai_kagenetroxchasmfastasleeppaisleydiscospheric
  • Reply 15 of 45
    Wesley HilliardWesley Hilliard Posts: 235member, administrator, moderator, editor

ronn said:
    Q: If you win in November, can you commit to prioritizing legislation to make child care affordable? And if so, what specific piece of legislation will you advance?

A: Well, I would do that. And we’re sitting down – you know, I was somebody – we had – Sen. Marco Rubio and my daughter Ivanka were so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, that – because, look, child care is child care. It’s – couldn’t – you know, it’s something – you have to have it. In this country, you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to, but they’ll get used to it very quickly – and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about, including child care. That – it’s going to take care – we’re going to have – I – I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country. Because I have to say with child care – I want to stay with child care – but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just – that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars. And as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people, but we’re going to take care of our country first. This is about America first, it’s about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we’re a failing nation. So we’ll take care of it. Thank you. Very good question. -- Trump.

Yep. Very coherent and put together plan. You're clearly not watching the right TV channel if you can't make sense of this record high IQ. He's just playing 4D chess. Let's ask Leon Mursk what he thinks.
    ronnilarynxStabitha_Christie9secondkox2muthuk_vanalingamkurai_kagechasmfastasleepsphericwatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 45
    ronnronn Posts: 675member

Cesar Battistini Maziero said: You clearly haven't watched a single source that shows Trump talking actual points to think like that. You are being manipulated.

I'm a lifelong New Yorker. We've known about this punk for decades. His racism, misogyny and scamming precedes his slithering into the White House in 2016. His appeal to racists and fellow grifters has been known for decades. You can lap up his BS word salad all you want. Again, there is a clear choice that doesn't need a debate performance. He won't directly answer questions, he won't stop trying to talk over others and he won't be coherent at all. All his nonsensical ramblings amount to a whole lot of nothing. I'll spend time checking off shows on  my Apple TV+ & Netflix queues.
    Stabitha_Christie9secondkox2foregoneconclusionchasmwatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 45
    A debate at this point is unnecessary, Harris destroyed the cost of living in 4 years, we don't need another 4 years of that.

Trump was better at literally every marker that impacts the majority of the USA population.

MAGA.
    Reality avoidance, or Putin payroll? 

https://open.substack.com/pub/aaronrupar/p/russia-indictment-tim-pool-benny-johnson-rubin

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/goldman-sachs-sees-biggest-boost-us-economy-harris-win-2024-09-04/
    Stabitha_Christie9secondkox2ronnchasmsphericwatto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 45

MAGA.
    Do you look like a Parrot or just talk like one?  Fact is, Harris doesn't make policies.  The President does.  How about all those Pence policies, right?  It's a great MAGA distraction to blame everything on Harris, but the fact is, like all Presidencies, the VP doesn't do much.  

Trump is a felon.  He instigated a coup.  He lies so much he can't tell the truth anymore.  He's nastier than a middle-schooler.  Those markers are important to me.  Of course, if you did what Trump said and ingested bleach during COVID, you're unfortunately not around to vote for him again.  Oh, and his partial wall has lots of holes and WE paid for it.
    edited September 10 Stabitha_Christie9secondkox2ronnkurai_kagechasmsphericwatto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 45

ronn said:
    What could "watching Trump talking actual points" have to do with his being a convicted felon? Weird. 
    Stabitha_Christieronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 45
    Almost four years ago, I watched in real time as Trump incited a violent mob and sent them towards the Capitol in an effort to subvert the results of the last election. They weren’t tourists. They weren’t peaceful protesters. Then I watched in real time as Trump did nothing for hours to call them off as they ransacked the seat of government. Only when it was clear that his coup had failed did he tell the mob that he loved them, but they should go home now. 

Regardless of anything else the man did, no one who has taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and then did that should be allowed anywhere near the White House or any other elected office or position of power. 

You can argue policy and politics all day and all night, but in a constitutional democracy, there is no place for what Trump did on that day. The courts have been painfully slow to deliver consequences for his actions, but the voters can finally do so in November. 
    edited September 10 Stabitha_Christie9secondkox2ronnciagatorguychasmsphericwatto_cobra