8)
  • Reply 323 of 770
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Niconono

No way..

We'll have 7457/47 PB and 970 PM...

8)

go away... let me dream. 7457 in a pb is bad, bad, bad news.

(that implicates no pb970 before mwsf2004)
  • Reply 324 of 770
    niconononiconono Posts: 27member
    The 7457 is not a bad processor. It's much faster than the actual 7455.
  • Reply 325 of 770
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Did anyone get the Pal photos before the poster pulled 'em? Post them if you did!
  • Reply 326 of 770
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    huh?? they are in the real pal thread which is in mac os x
  • Reply 327 of 770
    shaktaishaktai Posts: 157member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Niconono

The 7457 is not a bad processor. It's much faster than the actual 7455.

But it isn't available yet. If we see it at all, which I doubt, it wouldn't be before late fall at the earliest.
  • Reply 328 of 770
    soopadrivesoopadrive Posts: 182member
    Could be just a coincidence, but Intel is releasing their new 3.2GHz chip on June 23 (same date as WWDC), and according to Apple-X.net, Intel maybe releasing this chip on this date to "overshadow" the PPC 970. Could this be further evidence that the PPC 970 will be released at WWDC? It's likely that Intel knows just as much as we do on this question, but it's also entirely possible they know more than we do.
  • Reply 329 of 770
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    Intel can release what it likes. But we've got them this time. If the 970 hits by Summer. With Panther. 64 bits. FPU performance plus Altivec on mega-bandwidth to die for? In dual formations?

The 'destroyer'. It's name is: The 970.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 330 of 770
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    "my expectations for wwdc2003

Panther preview..of course, including demos of ichat 2 with new apple cam, demo of new safri features and other updates. New user interface demos and the like

Official unveiling of pal and how it works as a stand alone product and with a powermac.

new range of ibooks running on a 1.5 ghz gobi

64 bit towers clocking in at 1.4ghz, dual 1.6, dual 1.8 and top spec of dual 2 ghz with shed loads of ram and high end nvidia or ati rendering cards costing just under £3000.

Unveiling of new 64 bit power books 12inch at 1.2ghz, 15.4 inch at 1.4 and 17 inch at 1.6ghz"

Now. I. Would. Like. To. See. That.

Apple grows some balls.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 331 of 770
    silvergunsilvergun Posts: 62member
    oh and by the way...a new range of cinema displays with the top end at 30 inch widescreen
  • Reply 332 of 770
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    It's getting closer to prediction time. I predict that Apple will attend WWDC. I also predict that I will have 100% accuracy rate on this one.
  • Reply 333 of 770
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by silvergun

my expectations for wwdc2003

...ibooks running on a 1.5 ghz gobi

...64 bit towers clocking in at 1.4ghz, dual 1.6, dual 1.8 and top spec of dual 2 ghz with shed loads of ram and high end nvidia or ati rendering cards costing just under £3000.

...Unveiling of new 64 bit power books 12inch at 1.2ghz, 15.4 inch at 1.4 and 17 inch at 1.6ghz

And then you woke up

A jump from 900MHz to 1.5GHz on the iBook, in one fell swoop? I SERIOUSLY doubt it. Has Apple ever done anything remotely like this? Not that I'm aware of.

The tower thing is halfway reasonable, but I bet it won't top out as high as 1.8 and 2GHz. Pretty optimistic, considering.

PowerBooks? The 17" is barely shipping in reasonable quantities after its unveiling SIX MONTHS AGO.

I do, however expect something on the 15" PowerBook front, but it'll simply be a 1GHz (possibly a tad higher) G4, but will be in the aluminum case of the 12" and 15" models (improved AirPort, Bluetooth, AirPort Extreme and possible (probable, IMO) FireWire 800. Jury is still out on the light-up keyboard.

And the 12"? You know what, if that damn thing wasn't so $#%@# crippled and TRULY lived up to its moniker (DVI, L3 cache, etc.), that would be - hands down - THE coolest product in Apple's lineup. The optimistic, "gee, I hope!" part of me thinks about these recent price drops and thinks that might signal something is up in the 12" PowerBook front...if only to pack the damn thing with the features that make it truly a PowerBook and in the league of the 12" and 17" model.

Right now, it's just an iBook in a nice metal shell and a sporting a G4.

Hardly earth-shattering, since the 12" model (at 1024x768) is the ONE product in the PowerBook lineup screaming for DVI.

• Reply 334 of 770
    silvergunsilvergun Posts: 62member
    how about new pro keyboard and mouse with bluetooth? you can plug it in through firewire to recharge and the mouse would have 3 buttons for the pro user and 1 for the imac..the ipod type wheel being in the middle and 1 on either side.
  • Reply 335 of 770
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

PowerBooks? The 17" is barely shipping in reasonable quantities after its unveiling SIX MONTHS AGO.

Five!
  • Reply 336 of 770
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

It's getting closer to prediction time. I predict that Apple will attend WWDC. I also predict that I will have 100% accuracy rate on this one.

Watch...they'll be a no show and you will be eating crow! CROW I SAY! CROW!!!!
  • Reply 337 of 770
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

Five!

Whatever. 3, 5, 6, etc. Once again, a big splashy unveiling, hype-fest during a keynote, only to be followed by weeks and months of "huh? Where is it already?!?"

That's the point. Don't nitpick numbers. Is five months somehow less aggravating and frustrating than six?

• Reply 338 of 770
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,026member
  • Reply 339 of 770
    The 12" Powerbook and the 1.42 Power Mac are EOL. In fact Apple stopped making the 1.42 about a week ago. If you order a BTO they are basically taking a stock machine and making the changes you requested.
  • Reply 340 of 770
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NewOrder

The 12" Powerbook and the 1.42 Power Mac are EOL. In fact Apple stopped making the 1.42 about a week ago. If you order a BTO they are basically taking a stock machine and making the changes you requested.

...and you know this how?