Lets count NEW iPods

Comments

• Reply 21 of 136
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alpha Mac

13: 15gig in 8-10 days W/Cassette £295

Alpha Mac:

I believe you are #14, Nebrie says (s)he ordered one.

Make me #15 Ordered 15GB yesterday at 5pm, should be here tomorrow afternoon.
  • Reply 22 of 136
    pantherpanther Posts: 64member

I haven't ordered yet, but I'll be at an Apple Store ready to buy tomorrow. Finally, now that the iPods have solitaire, an Apple product cheaper than a PC that can do everything the PC can do!
  • Reply 23 of 136
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Panther

Finally, now that the iPods have solitaire, an Apple product cheaper than a PC that can do everything the PC can do!

OMFG...so true. Must...fight...temptation to post this wise crack at Ars Technica's Battlefront.
  • Reply 24 of 136
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    17? 30 GB from Dell. Unfortunately, I didn't get as steep a discount as other people, but it was till pretty good and much better than the Apple price + tax and shipping.
  • Reply 25 of 136
    teddyteddy Posts: 155member
    18.... Ahhhhhh this 30 Gig looks oh so good in the dock sitting on my desk. This baby is a dream.
  • Reply 26 of 136
    mbezzombezzo Posts: 77member
    19. 30GB from Dell as well
  • Reply 27 of 136
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    Why are all you people buying from Dell?

Isn't that, like, disloyal or something? It'd have to be a pretty hefty discount to make me go near Dell. Even picking up a newspaper with their ugly ads in it gives me the creeps.
  • Reply 28 of 136
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    apple still gets their nickel, so who cares?
  • Reply 29 of 136
    Quote:

Originally posted by michaelb

Isn't that, like, disloyal or something? It'd have to be a pretty hefty discount to make me go near Dell. Even picking up a newspaper with their ugly ads in it gives me the creeps.

No. You're buying an Apple product, and yeah the discounts are great.
  • Reply 30 of 136
    michaelbmichaelb Posts: 242member
    I care - they get less margin and therefore have less spare cash to spend on R&D for the 970 PowerMacs...!

They've also been laying off a few employees of late, particularly on the QuickTime team. A cashed-up Apple might not necessarily have done that.

Besides, isn't Dell fat and arrogant enough without being able to claim even Mac users prefer to shop there as well?
  • Reply 31 of 136
    Where is everyone finding it from Dell? I can only search for the 20gb model/.
  • Reply 32 of 136
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by michaelb

Apple doesn't get the same amount of money as when they sell direct, but they still get the cut they expect when people buy from Dell. The reason why we're all buying from Dell is because they had the best price. $433 shipped to your door without haggling a Dell rep. $405 if you somehow got them to pricematch. $360 if you were able to use the coupon that expired on the 29th...If Nebrie really got it for $360, that's how he did it...
  • Reply 33 of 136
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

Where is everyone finding it from Dell? I can only search for the 20gb model/.

You missed this defunct deal.
  • Reply 34 of 136
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

He's busy with real life right now. But Mandricard assures me that he will be at his local Apple Store on Friday night to incur further debt (and pick up a new iPod). I'm sure he'll add to the count by next week.

As for myself, I'm going to wait a few weeks. For now, I have scrapped my MP3 library (it only contained a dozen CDs anyway) and started re-encoding in AAC. But I really need to get a larger HDD before going AAC crazy. My iBook's 10GB drive is 90 percent full without any music already. \

Yes, "real life" is the tester... for me now too! I had been planning on holding off for a little while before picking up an iPod too although now that some crafty people at ipodding.com have found out that the new iPod can record I think I may end up holding off to see how that pans out. Recording is a feature I could definitely use and would finally tip the scales for me as a "must have" device. Let's hope Steve doesn't hold off on this too long as it looks like it may just be some adjustments to the software in addition to a microphone attachment incorporated via the new connector on the bottom. Here's to hoping!

Ya'll have to wait a little while before I add my name to the list
  • Reply 35 of 136
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

You missed this defunct deal.

I guess I'll wait for the next one!
  • Reply 36 of 136
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Are we at 20 now?

Just got mine at the Apple Store last night, so chalk me up at #20.
  • Reply 37 of 136
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    I got an iPod from Dell that I thought was not going to be delivered. The sales guy placed an order for the 20gb saying that they would ship the 30gb when they realized that Apple didn't have anymore. There was a 3+ weeks waiting list on the 20gb. Well yesterday at around 12am, my iPod which had showed delayed until June 21, shipped. I am thinking they replaced it with the 30gb since they are the same price. I hope at least.

The best part of this deal, the total price shipped was $399.94!
  • Reply 38 of 136
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Did you get an email receipt?

That would show you which iPod they shipped.

I also think you can print a receipt from Dell's web site.
  • Reply 39 of 136
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    The email I used for the order does not work anymore unfortunately. I updated it after the order but that didn't change this order. It is realistically the only thing that makes sense though.
  • Reply 40 of 136
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Got my 30GB at the Apple Store last night. Time to put the old 20GB on eBay.