AI gets in on the action

Comments

• Reply 121 of 375
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

Just to follow up. Pink was 10.2.6 and Smeagol seems to be 10.2.7:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...0&pagenumber=3

Pink was also a stillborn spin-off from Taligent in the AIM days...

probably not following that mold, we hope

but yes, Brad went Ding Ding for the "developer code name of x.2.7" answer.
  • Reply 122 of 375
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

but yes, Brad went Ding Ding for the "developer code name of x.2.7" answer.

Well, not specifically for 10.2.7, but for "code name for an update to 10.2 ... that lets it run on the 970".

Better?
  • Reply 123 of 375
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Well, not specifically for 10.2.7, but for "code name for an update to 10.2 ... that lets it run on the 970".

Better?

Ultimate
  • Reply 124 of 375
    shaktaishaktai Posts: 157member
    Quote:

Originally posted by boy_analog

I'm not saying that there'll never be dual cores, just that we won't see them straight away. We'll surely see dual-CPU boxen before we see dual-cored beasts.

As for moki, I know he made some tantalising remarks about "sandbagging". I presume that this relates to IBM understating the performance of the 970 in some respect, or perhaps hinting at the arrival of groovy new go-faster stuff on the mobo.

Dual cores are more likely with the 980, next year at the earliest. Don't expect it on the 970 ever. Singles immediately? Yes! A dual processor box? Yes, within a short time I think, maybe a month.

Re: Moki's remarks. IBM does have a penchant for understatement. i.e their Q3 production statement. From anyone else, that would mean "we hope we can get started by that time if we don't run into any snags". Coming from IBM that means " we looked at all the factors, verified our processes and anticipating any predictable snags, we believe we can be at full production by that time".

I imagine that also applies to their expected performance. The Spec "estimates" they posted reflect what they are confident is the minimum they will reach with a real world product. Sandbagging indeed.
  • Reply 125 of 375
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Better?

Brad, Does this whole thing have to do with some feature in the Mac OS?

How about I ask you a question I think you could answer. Is this info you have different in some way from what the rest of the rumors say. Is it something that will surpirse us all when it happens, or is it just a confirmation to some older rumor we have already heard before?

And can you give us some hint regarding this vegimite song linked to smeagol?
  • Reply 126 of 375
    mMmMM... Steve speech June 23...

mMMmMMm... Applestore's special events June 24...

MmmMMmmmmMMmMMmMmm.... Me like!
  • Reply 127 of 375
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

LOL!!!

This is the same AI that said the LCD iMac would have a G3. I wonder where they pulled that info out of?

No better than MOSR, IMO. All the AI writers do is scan Future Hardware for ideas and then summarize it into a "rumor". They have no true insider sources...if it turns out that they do, then I'll suck my own dick!

Junky baby! Well why not have a little faith. Their info seems to jive with what everyone else is saying. Remember what happened when you were a pessimist last time regarding a faster powermac?
  • Reply 128 of 375
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

Junky baby! Well why not have a little faith. Their info seems to jive with what everyone else is saying.

This seems to me to confirm the fact that they just steal from Future Hardware.
  • Reply 129 of 375
    JD, you better get one of your supposed Apple employee friends drunk again so that they can spill the beans to you.
  • Reply 130 of 375
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    ...drunk on SMEGMA!!!

Hey, that was totally uncalled for.....I'll strike that in a little while....

tee, bloody hee
  • Reply 131 of 375
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    umm when did the "when did the gremlin arrive" thread vanish out of suggestions? It is not there any more, and I know it was an hour ago. Brad is really having fun with us poor users. But it's fun...
  • Reply 132 of 375
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

Remember what happened when you were a pessimist last time regarding a faster powermac?

Yeah, Apple blew away the Wintels with their ultra-fast Powermac G4s. Oh, wait....
  • Reply 133 of 375
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Algol

Brad is really having fun with us poor users.

Speak for yourself man. It?s really not that hard to figure out what?s going on.
  • Reply 134 of 375
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Something wicked this way comes.......

Wait, it's the Temporary Insanity forum.

Yup, any day now......
  • Reply 135 of 375
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Temporary Insanity r0x0r!
  • Reply 136 of 375
    discocowdiscocow Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Temporary Insanity r0x0r!

Yes, quite.
  • Reply 137 of 375
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

Yeah, Apple blew away the Wintels with their ultra-fast Powermac G4s. Oh, wait....

No, no, no, you said they wouldn't release anything significantly faster. It may have not blown PC's away but it was a big jump. Have faith. I read about this same chip taking over Apple's line everywhere. And it's not from Motorola.

But, when you start to do your thing I don't want to know about it.
  • Reply 138 of 375
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

If you're flexible enough to do that... then why arn't you doing that right now like every other male in the world would?

What I want to know is would you swallow?

Oh yeah... and I really hope dual 1.8's are announced, even if they aren't immediately available -- just to throw in my redundant, but at least on-topic, two cents.
  • Reply 139 of 375
    Quote:

Originally posted by Algol

umm when did the "when did the gremlin arrive" thread vanish out of suggestions? It is not there any more, and I know it was an hour ago. Brad is really having fun with us poor users. But it's fun...

you mean that a thread about the creature whose ring makes him disappear... has disappeared?

what can it mean? is the thread now wearing the precious?
  • Reply 140 of 375
    we need a palantir in a new ring