"970 Powermacs in September", chirped the little bird

Comments

• Reply 181 of 206
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    ...and they say AO is a cracy place...
  • Reply 182 of 206
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Quote:

rket for them and they are compute bound for some reason then we might see AltiVec optimizations, but I doubt it. This is one of those apps that will benefit from 64-bit hardware/OS, however.

<mr. burns tenting fingers>Excellent</mr burns tenting fingers>
  • Reply 183 of 206
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    dapper is full of poo.

stick with what New Order and the like may have mentioned.
  • Reply 184 of 206
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I don't believe a word of it. Here's why. It's someone in here that I've read before. This whole "My First Post" thing isn't cutting it. Sentence structure, and the way they explain why they have never posted here, and why they waited until now is all too familiar. I've seen this person's writing in here often enough to recognize them, but I can't put my finger on who it is.

Although I never believe rumors anyway.

I know what you mean. JYD a while ago pull this stunt. Many people believed the post back then too.

Dave
  • Reply 185 of 206
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Quote:

No new (970) Powermacs at WWDC. I don't know where all these other rumors come from, but 970 Powermacs are NOT currently in production, or at least, they are only gearing up the lines. Maybe the rumors meant PPC 970 production, which is in full swing. But obviously there's a significant lag between the time when a CPU rolls out of the Fishkill plant's driveway, and when a 970 Powermac rolls into an Apple warehouse.

Hey Dan - So where did you get this info? This is pure JUNK.

Quote:

Smaller case "222": Single PPC 970 CPUs, 4 DDR RAM slots, AGP 8X, 2 PCI slots (yes, same PCI as now). 2 optical drive bays. Serial ATA with room for 2 HDs.

Larger case "666": Dual PPC 970 CPUs, one bank of RAM for each CPU with 6 RAM slots each, AGP 8X, 6 PCI slots. 2 optical drive bays. Two Serial ATA channels with room for 6 HDs. This mobo has a few other perks compared to the 222, and they will be a nice surprise in their own right.

Pretty interesting idea but it's doubtful Apple would do it. If they do I will jump around in my back YARD naked.

Quote:

These Powermacs will show up at WWDC, but only behind closed-door NDA sessions. Much like the G4 Macs, Apple is giving developers a preview so they can prepare for their introduction later on. Mass seeding (project "Appleseeder" will begin at WWDC, first with top-tier developers, then down the line.

Yo DAWG that's some pretty good info there!

• Reply 186 of 206
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

I know what you mean. JYD a while ago pull this stunt. Many people believed the post back then too.

Dave

HAMMER -> HEAD OF NAIL. *WHACK*
  • Reply 187 of 206
    Finally, I was waiting for someone to say that this was crap.

EDIT: I even posted this on SPYMAC!
  • Reply 188 of 206
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    It's seems that will be the end of this thread
  • Reply 189 of 206
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    *Wink* *Wink*

• Reply 190 of 206
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Mods and admins: Are you trying to tell us something? Your posts are a bit strange
  • Reply 191 of 206
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stalkerdeapplenut

yes an i device. DLD = digital lifestyle device

one that has been speculated on before, but the real use/functionality of this was never really guessed.

Well the answer to that riddle would be the "Pal" device... It's the only one that nobody knows what it would be used for. However, whether or not this is a truthful riddle is up in the air. I mean, we know what an iPhone, a vPod, an iWalk would do, but the Pal has only speculative uses.

Also,

Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

HAMMER -> HEAD OF NAIL. *WHACK*

The admins and mods have access to the IP numbers... Does it match up with another user here like onlooker and I have speculated? Of course, it's really easy just to post from another computer... if they thought through it enough.
  • Reply 192 of 206
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    bauman -

I think if you look at my last post close enough you will figure out who it is and I hope all of you send him all kinds of PM's ripping him to pieces!

• Reply 193 of 206
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    JYD, we will strangle you to within an inch of your flea-ridden life.
  • Reply 194 of 206
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member

I just got it.
  • Reply 195 of 206
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bodhi

I think if you look at my last post close enough you will figure out who it is and I hope all of you send him all kinds of PM's ripping him to pieces!

Well, that ruins that fun.

I always pictured Dawg as the slow talking one that got turned into a frog, not the Dapper Dan one.
  • Reply 196 of 206
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,467member
    On the upside that post really seems to have set the lowest bar in terms of timing and specs. We're going to get something before then, and its going to be good.
  • Reply 197 of 206
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Is this true? Are you mods saying JD created a fake account just to **** with us? That is really, really uncool. I'm serious, what's the point of these boards with that kind of shit going on?
  • Reply 198 of 206
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I remember JD did say he's going to suck his own dick if G5/970 is announced in WWDC
  • Reply 199 of 206
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    i always preferred his "i was getting drunk and got this info" approach.

this idea having been plagiarized on the AI front page is too funny, maybe this was his little revenge!
  • Reply 200 of 206
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Someone is selling these at Cafe Press:

Wouldn't be JYD, getting ready for his post-WWDC live webcast, would it?