Apple leaks G5 specs

Comments

• Reply 181 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by qazII

From your quote it's apparent that 3GIO is not PCI-X which is what you claimed. There's no mention of 3GIO being in these G5's.

PCI-X doesn't HAVE to connect with 3GIO, but it is possible. I was just pointing out that the PCI-X slots were labeled 3GIO in that image.
  • Reply 182 of 1072
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    HOLY MOTHER------- ---- I CAN'T ------- BELIEVE THIS ----!!!

This is THE worst leak (from Apple's perspective) in the history of Jobs.

Man, these Power Macs are 5 times better than I expected. They 0wnz, especially with Optical an analog audio in and out. Finally, a decent Mac for home theater!!!

Man I'm so excited. And someone is sooooooooo fired.

Barto
  • Reply 183 of 1072
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Well, it was NOT a hack. They have a new Quark graphic up, and new 12" with superdrive added, so they were updating the site. It was by accident it seems.
  • Reply 184 of 1072
    fluffyfluffy Posts: 361member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

So would investing a lot in AAPL really pay off? I need to pay for college and this would help.

NO!!!! Don't play with what you aren't willing to lose. There are no sure things in the market.
  • Reply 185 of 1072
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

So how are they going to have a 1GHZ bus, DDR400 won't do it.

Dual channel DDR, maybe? This was rumored to be the case....
  • Reply 186 of 1072
    bihbih Posts: 44member
    Holy fricking shit.
  • Reply 187 of 1072
    tsukuritetsukurite Posts: 192member
    I wonder if you could sell t-shirts outside the keynote with the specs printed on them in a really big font for old Steve-o to see. Nothing like a few thousand (?) people sitting in front of you telling you "FACE!"

Well, it's funny to me anyway...

-tsukurite
  • Reply 188 of 1072
    Amazingly amazing! I cannot wait for WWDC. I am as a little kid, eagerly awaiting Santa's visit on xmas eve.
  • Reply 189 of 1072
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    The Quark graphic and cheaper PowerBooks have been up for a while. As far as the untrained eye can see, only the "bug" was changed.
  • Reply 190 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fluffy

NO!!!! Don't play with what you aren't willing to lose. There are no sure things in the market.

Hasn't APPL stock tanked after the last few big keynotes? If I remember correctly, it has gone up prior to the Stevenotes and then taken a fairly big hit immediately following.

Am I mis-remembering this?

-tsukurite
  • Reply 191 of 1072
    Hath Hope Sprung?

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 192 of 1072
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KidRed

Well, it was NOT a hack. They have a new Quark graphic up, and new 12" with superdrive added, so they were updating the site. It was by accident it seems.

KR - What are you talking about...the 12-inch already had a SuperDrive option...do you mean they had a NEW NEW powerbook as in faster processor, etc.?
  • Reply 193 of 1072
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Its NOT going to a manic Monday!
  • Reply 194 of 1072
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tsukurite

Hasn't APPL stock tanked after the last few big keynotes? If I remember correctly, it has gone up prior to the Stevenotes and then taken a fairly big hit immediately following.

Am I mis-remembering this?

-tsukurite

You are absolutly right.

But this is different...
  • Reply 195 of 1072
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by m01ety

The Quark graphic and cheaper PowerBooks have been up for a while. As far as the untrained eye can see, only the "bug" was changed.

Oh? Well someone also noted a different color when they thru up the sticky note saying be back soon. Alluding to a possible re-design of the site.
  • Reply 196 of 1072
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    THAT PICTURE IS FAKE!

EDIT: I was just joking.....can't resist...sorry
  • Reply 197 of 1072
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by m01ety

Isn't the continue button different? It's not aqua. You know, like the one Jobs pointed out earlier (oh probably about seven pages ago by now )

Just click on any product. The entire button UI is flat... that's differnt, no?

Edit: Like this:
  • Reply 198 of 1072
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    This is why tabbed browsers rule. I'm lookin' at everything at once!
  • Reply 199 of 1072
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

You are absolutly right.

But this is different...

True! But those were some pretty good keynotes, if I recall (okay, not the "Let's thank the developers" one, but...) with new products and apps.

<sigh>I wish the rest of the regular world got as excited about this stuff as I do.</sigh>\
  • Reply 200 of 1072
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Isn't the continue button different? It's not aqua. You know, like the one Jobs pointed out earlier (oh probably about seven pages ago by now )

Just click on any product. The entire button UI is flat... that's differnt, no?

Edit: Like this:

I just noticed this -- it is indeed different. That could only lend creedence to the fact that the leak was legit.