Apple leaks G5 specs

Comments

• Reply 220 of 1071
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Isn't the continue button different? It's not aqua. You know, like the one Jobs pointed out earlier (oh probably about seven pages ago by now )

Just click on any product. The entire button UI is flat... that's differnt, no?

Edit: Like this:

nice one.

this lends more credence to the possibility of these being the actual specs.
  • Reply 222 of 1071
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Hey Guys:

What I said

"THAT PIC IS FAKE"
    is just my joke. Don't take it too seriously okay?

I have seen too many people screaming the word "fake"....I just can't resist
  • Reply 223 of 1071
    Damn... I better start budgeting for a sizable credit card payment.
  • Reply 224 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Hey Guys:

What I said

"THAT PIC IS FAKE"
    is just my joke. Don't take it too seriously okay?

I have seen too many people screaming the word "fake"....I just can't resist

ohhh you bastard

thumbsup for the sick sense of humor
  • Reply 225 of 1071
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sc_markt

To the poor Apple worker who did this: Thank you, you made my weekend. Maybe someone will take up a collection for you since your probably unemployed now.

unemployed? hell, this guy is lucking if he is stil breathing at this point
  • Reply 226 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

Usually I buy the low-end PM and top up the memory and hard drive specs later.

Hopefully no one will top up their memory to 8GB while at the Apple Store.....
  • Reply 227 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by chef ramen noodle

ohhh you bastard

thumbsup for the sick sense of humor

Yeah, that image has definately been photoshoped. I mean, you can tell.

• Reply 228 of 1071
    A more serious question here:

Do you think the prices of the old G4 towers will plummit with the release of the G5/970? It would be nice to pick up a dual 1.25 for under a grand...

Low end Mac towers anyone?
  • Reply 229 of 1071
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Just to keep everyone's feet from being too far off the ground... these models still might ship in 4-6 weeks. Remember that. Of course, if what a lot of people have been saying is the 1.6 on Monday, and the others later.... We'll just see. But remember...
  • Reply 230 of 1071
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

So does this mean Junkyardawg is going to do his thing?

To suck his own dick
  • Reply 231 of 1071
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Whoa.

How can the new PM have "Three" USB 2.0 ports?

Two on the back, two on the keyboard. That's how Apple counts them. (e.g. Apple's specs say the iMac has five USB ports.)

Did they gut one on the keyboard? Does that make sense?
  • Reply 232 of 1071
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

So does this mean Junkyardawg is going to do his thing?

To the poor Apple worker who did this: Thank you, you made my weekend. Maybe someone will take up a collection for you since your probably unemployed now.

Someone just did (and before I read your post BTW)
  • Reply 233 of 1071
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Holy f*cking sh*t!! Are you f*cking kidding me?!!!! Ok, to the experts in the house.....could this possibly be a hack???

Dual 2GHz G5s???!!!! That thing is gonna f*cking scream!!! Again, is there a chance it could be a hack????

• Reply 234 of 1071
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    if the keyboard is a bluetooth one maybe they dropped it?
  • Reply 235 of 1071
    Ha... People are even discussing this on Apple's own forums!

G5 Discussion over @ Apple's Forums

• Reply 236 of 1071
    isegwayisegway Posts: 133member
    I don't think this was an accident.

I think we will see a flurry of hype before this event on monday. I bet it will last all weekend. All kinds of teasing going on before the event. I think this is why the case descriptions we have heard have been so nebulous. If anyone knew what it looked like why would they describe it the way they did if they really wanted to tell us anything?

I mean, isn't the whole reason for all the intense secrecy essentially for hype? Teasing us?
  • Reply 237 of 1071
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

Just to keep everyone's feet from being too far off the ground... these models still might ship in 4-6 weeks. Remember that. Of course, if what a lot of people have been saying is the 1.6 on Monday, and the others later. We'll just see. But remember...

I hope this leads to G4 speed bumps around all non-PowerMac product lines over the next few weeks & months. I bet a lot of things have been waiting in the sidelines for the arrival of this chip.
  • Reply 238 of 1071
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yea it really sucks for this guy. A Sweeper team will probably show up at all our houses tomorrow with little blinky red lights to look in to. Or...AAPL will increase a LOT. Would it be wise to invest 3 or 4 digits into AAPL on this news?
  • Reply 239 of 1071
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Damned these spec are damn good : 200 mhz more than expected (from 1,4 to 1,8 ghz). Fast serial ata drive are a real improvement.

The audio part is impressive also : optical and analog audio in and out.

I think that there will be two mobo : the single one with only 4 slots for DDR ram and the dual with 8 slots. The dual will also have PCI X expansion slots.

AGP 8X Pro : does Pro refer to a better alimentation than the current AGP 8 X of the PC ? does it means that no external alimentation will be necessary for the geforce Fx for example ?
  • Reply 240 of 1071
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

I hope this leads to G4 speed bumps around all non-PowerMac product lines over the next few weeks & months. I bet a lot of things have been waiting in the sidelines for the arrival of this chip.

Or major price drops. On everything. People might finally get their 'low end expandable Mac' wish. Lets see some old G4 dualies going for around a grand.