Panther 7B** Builds Discussion (images on page 2 & 5)

Comments

• Reply 201 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by atomicham

Could you play with the "Crop" functionality in Preview? Will it allow you to crop out a section of a single page PDF, or is it only for JPEGS, etc.?

Crop is disabled for PDFs. It may or may not be coming.
  • Reply 202 of 1176
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    In 10.2, the Finder has a bug of custom icons being set if the icon that you are changing is already custom. Has that been fixed? There's also some other Finder glitches in 10.2 as well.

By the way..what's new about iChat? The beta's (iChat AV Public Beta) a little buggy with custom backgrounds and sending files. Do they still exist?

Sorry if I'm being annoying with a bunch of questions or anything...I just want to see exactly what's fixed, changed, and added.
  • Reply 203 of 1176
    not sure if anyone's mentioned this or not, but i have a REALLY annoying bug where the keboard stops responding.. kind of. command-tab works, and when i log out, i can log back in fine. what happens is, every now and then (more than i'm happy with) text fields, text views and keyboard commands just stop responding to keybaord input. again, except for command-tab. it's a brand new apple keyboard, so that's not the issue. logging out and back in solves the problem. anyone else have this?
  • Reply 204 of 1176
    atomichamatomicham Posts: 185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carl Norum

Crop is disabled for PDFs. It may or may not be coming.

Alas. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Reply 205 of 1176
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    I am not sure if it is just me, but Panther looks like the Mac OS X we have been waiting for!
  • Reply 206 of 1176
    inkheadinkhead Posts: 155member
    In Panther anti-aliased text doesn't work properly. The part that is driving me crazy is in WWDC Panther build terminal typing was fast. Now typing is again slow. Even in some main applications it feels less responsive.
  • Reply 207 of 1176
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Are you able to tab into drop down menus in safari now?
  • Reply 208 of 1176
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

I am not sure if it is just me, but Panther looks like the Mac OS X we have been waiting for!

I got a hunch we'll say that every year..
  • Reply 209 of 1176
    inkheadinkhead Posts: 155member
    Quote:

Originally posted by badtz

Yes
  • Reply 210 of 1176
    I've asked this in several places and no one's answered me...

How does Panther handle Fast User Switching in this situation (or is it even possible)?

User A has logged in and is using the Mac. A leaves and the screensaver kicks in with password protection enabled. User B approaches the machine, intending to Fast User Switch to his account.

What happens? Is it possible for B to access his account? How is the password protection addressed? etc.
  • Reply 211 of 1176
    Yes, Fast User Switching is available via the screensaver.
  • Reply 212 of 1176
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    Guys the photos were really informative, has there been any changes made to the Apple's Calculator app in 10.3, does the Apple Calculator have any new features.
  • Reply 213 of 1176
    I have posted about it on page 3,

Here is what I said :

-Calculator : Completely redone, bigger, Paper tape in a separate window. A calculation like 10+2x3 returns 16 (in both mode), before it would return 36. scientific calculator now really usable. And best of all, you can modify amounts on the paper tape and have the totals recalculated!!! You can change the precision and the display format: decimal, hexa, ascii, unicode...
  • Reply 214 of 1176
    Thanks for the quickest reply I have ever received. Wish I had a screenshot, but then again again I could wait for 10.3 final to be released.
  • Reply 215 of 1176
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Quote:

Originally posted by inkhead

Yes

Actually .... I think you're still UNABLE to ?

You're unable to tab into a dropdown menu [ie. to select the state you live in when you make a purchase online, etc. etc.] ?
  • Reply 216 of 1176
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Teddy

This build 7B21 has been so buggy for me. Expose isn't working anymore and I can't start my computer without it crashing unless I hold the option key and select the drive for some reason. Anyone else having the same problems.

Yeah.

All the apps crash

Quick switch doesn't use the Keynote trick

The text insertion point is torqued

Pauses where nothing responds

Whole system freezes sometimes

I went back to 7A202 for now. Expose rules totally though.
  • Reply 217 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by markiv

Wish I had a screenshot

Calculator really isn't that different.

Calculator - basic with tape

Calculator - about box
  • Reply 218 of 1176
    the main thing im wondering about this update is will they release yet another update for it via software update in control panel, cuz not having labels kinda sucks so itd be nice to see those fixed in this build. other then that wow is this thing alot faster, so nice work on that one apple.
  • Reply 219 of 1176
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I wish they would redo the calculator. Something like the TI-36X from Texus Instruments would rock. At the very least they could add a backspace.
  • Reply 220 of 1176
    Thanks for posting the pictures Brad, I like the new Papertape extension. Thanks.