Panther 7B** Builds Discussion (images on page 2 & 5)

Comments

• Reply 221 of 1176
    gycgyc Posts: 90member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

I wish they would redo the calculator. Something like the TI-36X from Texus Instruments would rock. At the very least they could add a backspace.

They should work with HP and build in a Hp-48 emulator. Now that would be cool.
  • Reply 222 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by gyc

They should work with HP and build in a Hp-48 emulator. Now that would be cool.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10946

X48 has been around since the 10.0 days.

-- Carl
  • Reply 223 of 1176
    Quote:

Originally posted by alternatekev

not sure if anyone's mentioned this or not, but i have a REALLY annoying bug where the keboard stops responding.. kind of. command-tab works, and when i log out, i can log back in fine. what happens is, every now and then (more than i'm happy with) text fields, text views and keyboard commands just stop responding to keybaord input.

Yes, I have the same problem with 7A* sometimes. I haven't seen this with 7B* so far. Forcing the Dock to restart works for me, i.e. if I restart the Dock (using the Activity Monitor) I can type again without having to log out and back in.
  • Reply 224 of 1176
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carl Norum

Yah, iCal works for multi-day events now.

Bingo. thanks Carl
  • Reply 225 of 1176
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

I went back to 7A202 for now.

What's the point in beta-testing old versions?
  • Reply 226 of 1176
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

What's the point in beta-testing old versions?

• Reply 227 of 1176
    ok, so for some reason in 10.3 iCannot seem to repair permissions on my mac os x jaguar drive, jaguar is residing on a 32gb partition of a 37gb hard drive (40gb, but 37gb of space) itll repair the permissions on panther's partion which is on its own seperate drive, but not jaguar, anyone got any idea on whats wrong with this?

thanks much

hoping they fix ipod support in mac os x panther, later
  • Reply 228 of 1176
    Don't use a beta version of Disk Utility to repair other disks. You're just asking for trouble by doing that.
  • Reply 229 of 1176
    moosemoose Posts: 25member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Don't use a beta version of Disk Utility to repair other disks. You're just asking for trouble by doing that.

Strictly speaking, you're asking for trouble when you run pre-release operating systems.
  • Reply 230 of 1176
    mathuemathue Posts: 7member
    Quote:

Oh, I forgot to take shots of the updated iCal 1.5, iChat, and Safari 1.1. I'll get to them later along with anything else I think I forgot and any requests.

CHECK THE PAGES I LINKED AT THE TOP OF MY PREVIOUS POST BEFORE MAKING REQUESTS.

I have a question that I've not read about so far. Does Panther's apple mail have the ability to do 'receipts'? I had this ability back when I still used Netscape mail and it's the one feature I really wish I had. Receipts BTW are not the 'proof of the message being read' responses. I'm talking about the ones that merely get a response from the email server that the message arrived at a mailbox.
  • Reply 231 of 1176
    As far as I can tell, no, it does not.
  • Reply 232 of 1176
    mathuemathue Posts: 7member
    Quote:

As far as I can tell, no, it does not.

Darn :/

Thanks for checking.
  • Reply 233 of 1176
    jasocojasoco Posts: 75member
    Is there a difference between a Reciept and the email you get when it bounces back?
  • Reply 234 of 1176
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    A bounced e-mail means the whole thing has been returned without the original recipient reading it (at least bounced messages make it look that way). A receipt tells you that it's been successfully been received, just the opposite really.
  • Reply 235 of 1176
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by millhouse

ok, so for some reason in 10.3 iCannot seem to repair permissions on my mac os x jaguar drive, jaguar is residing on a 32gb partition of a 37gb hard drive (40gb, but 37gb of space) itll repair the permissions on panther's partion which is on its own seperate drive, but not jaguar, anyone got any idea on whats wrong with this?

thanks much

hoping they fix ipod support in mac os x panther, later

You can only repair permissions on your boot volume. If you boot off your panther volume, that's all it can fix. If you boot of your jag volume, that's all it'll fix.

edit: it turns out you can only repair Mac OS X boot volumes, regardless of what you actually used to boot, so I was wrong. My bad.
  • Reply 236 of 1176
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Seriously. The point of developer seeds is having experienced people test software that might contain bugs, and has unfinished features. But when there's a newer seed, which probably fixes tons of bugs and also introduces new ones, there definitely is no point in using the older one any more. That's why sometimes they make old builds expire, eh?

And to get something straight for some of the piraters: if you use it, you're on your own. If it breaks your compie, it probably serves you right because this is NOT supposed to be a productive work environment.

Good night :P
  • Reply 237 of 1176
    I think that it'd be nice of Apple to provide Finder front-ends for the various compression utilities that come with a standard BSD install (and, if need be for such features, make the BSD subsystem a mandatory install). .zip alone is certainly nice, but what of allowing us to set the compression level--fastest or best compression--in Finder prefs? (please set me straight if this is already an option!) What, for that matter, of compressed tape archives, which are more Unix-centric?

Cheers,

Andrew M
  • Reply 238 of 1176
    something interesting i thought id touch on, is that today on august 4th 2003, when i launched isync 1.2 (in the latest panther) i got the msg that this build has expired, so im wondering if a new isync is on the way as setting back my clock to august 1st let me launch it.
  • Reply 239 of 1176
    jmitchjmitch Posts: 38member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwill

Sorry if I'm being annoying with a bunch of questions or anything...I just want to see exactly what's fixed, changed, and added.

We'll all find this out when the real Panther is released. Alot of things will be fixed, changed, and added to Panther by the time it is released, so what has been changed now isn't necessarily what will stay or what hasn't been changed isn't necessarily going to stay unchanged. Remember, this is just a beta release. The Panther OS still isn't out yet.
  • Reply 240 of 1176
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Can any one tell me if Exposé when in that mode lets the windows update like say you have the iTunes Visualizer on and you do Exposé can you still see the smaller itunes window with the Visualizer going? Or say a quicktime movie still playing and such?

Hope you understand what i mean

Frank_t