Racism and Israel (uh oh)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OK all apologists and appeasers, justify this:

Israel has passed laws limiting the rights of certain people to citizenship and marriage / family rights. Which people? Take a wild guess.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3111727.stm

edit: link fixed. doh.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 161
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    In the end how is this any different than any other country in North America, Europe or anywhere else?
  • Reply 2 of 161
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Uh, that would be "very."
  • Reply 3 of 161
    In the end how is this different to North American or Europe citizenship laws?

Well, Scott, in England we do not have a law that specially prohibits any specific, deliberately named, ethnic group from taking citizenship through marriage. Do you have such a law in America?

Think. Do you? Is there?

Are (say) the Canadians or the Mexicans, your immediate neighbours, especially prohibited from taking citizenship because there is a law that says that Canadians and Mexicans cannot become American citizens through marriage?

Think, Scott. Is there such a law in your country? Because there isn't in England. If there isn't such a law in your country I would like to suggest that THAT'S A PRETTY BLOODY BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NORTH AMERICAN LAW AND ISRAELI LAW.

AND I'M WRITING IN CAPITALS SO I MUST BE RIGHT.
  • Reply 4 of 161
    nixinixi Posts: 49member
    Harald, the link you provide doesn't seem to be working. Of course, I read Hassan's post, so I got the general idea behind whatever it is you are linking to, but still?

Also, Hassan, thanks for the beautifully written post.
  • Reply 5 of 161
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    The law is wrong. That's about all there is to say. It doesn't warrant another anti-semetic, anti-Israel thread on AI.
  • Reply 6 of 161
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

The law is wrong. That's about all there is to say. It doesn't warrant another anti-semetic, anti-Israel thread on AI.

I wasn't aware that there was one. See, this is how things have got: you CANNOT critisise Israel without being anti-Semitic (even if you're Jewish). Even when they go, "Hi! We're racist!"

It's just some of us can see Israeli actions in the light of the thinking that gives rise to racist laws like this, and some of are just Israeli apologists who blame everything 100% on the Palestinians.

They piss me off.
  • Reply 7 of 161
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

I wasn't aware that there was one. See, this is how things have got: you CANNOT critisise Israel without being anti-Semitic (even if you're Jewish). Even when they go, "Hi! We're racist!"

It's just some of us can see Israeli actions in the light of the thinking that gives rise to racist laws like this, and some of are just Israeli apologists who blame everything 100% on the Palestinians.

They piss me off.

You and a handful of others here are unbelievably anti-semetic. I have my problems with some of Israels actions, too. The difference is I don't start threads like "Guess Who Blew Up....big surprise.....Sharon.....terrorist....war criminal...".

While you accuse folks like me of being apologists, I say that there exists a group of people here who seem to blame EVERYTHING on Israel. Israel is surrounded by populations that want to push it into the sea. Tell me how you'd respond to that.

This is no different than the one million anti-Bush threads started here. These too are predicated on the assumed fact that Bush is a horrible President, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a [insert derogatory name here]. Read your first post....

Quote:

srael has passed laws limiting the rights of certain people to citizenship and marriage / family rights. Which people? Take a wild guess.

(emphasis added)

Transaltion from HaraldSpeak: "Israel has passed laws limiting the rights of citenship and marriage and family rights....of course, these laws are aimed the innocent and noble Palestinians, who are just trying to raise their families and don't promote culture of terror hell bent on destroying Israel. Maybe if Israel would just give up the poor Arabs could have their God-given land back that the evil racist zionists took from them, things would be OK. Thanks for money, America!

I think that's what you meant.
  • Reply 8 of 161
    Hmm. I thought I was the person who even wished Mika well when those moronic scum did another suicide bomb in Haifa. Yes, that's right: there are Palestinians who are moronic scum. And you know what? I've said that before, and not just once, and not just to deflate crap arguments.

(still in check?)

Do me a favour, back it up. How have I been anti-semitic? Could you give me an example? When I say "guess which people" as I did in this thread, it is because Israel has done something else racist. It does it all the time: confiscating land, which it did again over the last couple of weeks, building a wall on Palestinian land, continuing settlement growth, killing children. These things happen.

And I thought that the Palestinian PM was a man who shared a stage with Sharon recently, talking about working together, living in peace side by side ... that kind of thing.

You accuse me of being racist and then lump all Arabs in the area into a group of people that want the destruction of Israel. You base this on the fact that some murderous Palestinian scum kill themselves on buses and in cafes. You ignore the humiliation and racism Israel inflicts on the Palestinians.

Here we go again.

When did I ever say or suggest that the land they live on (Arabs) was god-given? Clue: never. When did I say that basing / justifying land confiscation on a god-given ownership of land was obscene? Oh, many times. It is.

All I want, it would be so lovely to see, is you saying "Israel has a hand in the violence in the area and acts with racism towards its neighbours."

Actually, YOU DID! You said the law was "wrong" ... I wonder: how and why do you think it is wrong? I truly doubt you have the balls to answer that direct question.
  • Reply 9 of 161
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    1. "There is a huge gap between us (Jews) and our enemies _not just in ability but in morality, culture, sanctity of life, and conscience. They are our neighbors here, but it seems as if at a distance of a few hundred meters away, there are people who do not belong to our continent, to our world, but actually belong to a different galaxy." Israeli president Moshe Katsav. The Jerusalem Post, May 10, 2001

2. "The Palestinians are like crocodiles, the more you give them meat, they want more".... Ehud Barak, Prime Minister of Israel at the time - August 28, 2000. Reported in the Jerusalem Post August 30, 2000

3. " [The Palestinians are] beasts walking on two legs." Menahim Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts". New Statesman, 25 June 1982.

4. "The Palestinians" would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls." " Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

5. "When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle." Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Forces, New York Times, 14 April 1983.

6. "How can we return the occupied territories? There is nobody to return them to." Golda Meir, March 8, 1969.

7. "There was no such thing as Palestinians, they never existed." Golda Maier Israeli Prime Minister June 15, 1969

8. "The thesis that the danger of genocide was hanging over us in June 1967 and that Israel was fighting for its physical existence is only bluff, which was born and developed after the war." Israeli General Matityahu Peled, Ha'aretz, 19 March 1972.

9. David Ben Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister): "If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?" Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp121.

9a. Ben Gurion also warned in 1948 : "We must do everything to insure they ( the Palestinians) never do return." Assuring his fellow Zionists that Palestinians will never come back to their homes. "The old will die and the young will forget."

10. "We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves." Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.

12. "We declare openly that the Arabs have no right to settle on even one centimeter of Eretz Israel... Force is all they do or ever will understand. We shall use the ultimate force until the Palestinians come crawling to us on all fours." Rafael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense Forces - Gad Becker, Yediot Ahronot 13 April 1983, New York Times 14 April 1983.

13. "We must do everything to ensure they [the Palestinian refugees] never do return" David Ben-Gurion, in his diary, 18 July 1948, quoted in Michael Bar Zohar's Ben-Gurion: the Armed Prophet, Prentice-Hall, 1967, p. 157.

15. "We should prepare to go over to the offensive. Our aim is to smash Lebanon, Trans-Jordan, and Syria. The weak point is Lebanon, for the Moslem regime is artificial and easy for us to undermine. We shall establish a Christian state there, and then we will smash the Arab Legion, eliminate Trans-Jordan; Syria will fall to us. We then bomb and move on and take Port Said, Alexandria and Sinai." David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff. From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978.

16. "We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population." Israel Koenig, "The Koenig Memorandum"

17. "Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population." Moshe Dayan, address to the Technion, Haifa, reported in Haaretz, April 4, 1969.

18. "We walked outside, Ben-Gurion accompanying us. Allon repeated his question, What is to be done with the Palestinian population?' Ben-Gurion waved his hand in a gesture which said 'Drive them out!'" Yitzhak Rabin, leaked censored version of Rabin memoirs, published in the New York Times, 23 October 1979.

19. Rabin's description of the conquest of Lydda, after the completion of Plan Dalet. "We shall reduce the Arab population to a community of woodcutters and waiters" Uri Lubrani, PM Ben-Gurion's special adviser on Arab Affairs, 1960. From "The Arabs in Israel" by Sabri Jiryas.

20. "There are some who believe that the non-Jewish population, even in a high percentage, within our borders will be more effectively under our surveillance; and there are some who believe the contrary, i.e., that it is easier to carry out surveillance over the activities of a neighbor than over those of a tenant. [I] tend to support the latter view and have an additional argument:...the need to sustain the character of the state which will henceforth be Jewish...with a non-Jewish minority limited to 15 percent. I had already reached this fundamental position as early as 1940 [and] it is entered in my diary." Joseph Weitz, head of the Jewish Agency's Colonization Department. From Israel: an Apartheid State by Uri Davis, p.5.

21. "Everybody has to move, run and grab as many hilltops as they can to enlarge the settlements because everything we take now will stay ours... Everything we don't grab will go to them." Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

22. "It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism,colonialization or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands." Yoram Bar Porath, Yediot Aahronot, of 14 July 1972.

23. "Spirit the penniless population across the frontier by denying it employment... Both the process of expropriation and the removal of the poor must be carried out discreetly and circumspectly." Theodore Herzl, founder of the World Zionist Organization, speaking of the Arabs of Palestine,Complete Diaries, June 12, 1895 entry.

24. "One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail." -- Rabbi Yaacov Perrin, Feb. 27, 1994 [Source: N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1]
  • Reply 10 of 161
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Racism exist at a point of another in any countrie, especially in case of conflict.

A much better title of the thread should have been " a discriminative (or a racist) law have been voted in Israel" rather than racism and israel. It would have allow the debate to come in a nice direction. I will be angry if i see a thread named France and racism. The only true racist people i know are the martians : they ignore completely us, but sometimes i can't blame them for that

Here an interesting quote from the BBC article :

Quote:

Human rights groups have condemned the law as racist but supporters say it is necessary for security reasons and to maintain the Jewish character of the state of Israel.

The law will prevent Palestinians from the occupied territories in the West Bank and Gaza from marrying Arab-Israelis, who make up about 20% of the population of Israel.

I think the interesting point of the discussion should be to debate about the legitimacy of the reasons given by the supporters of this law.

I am not interested in a trial of Israel. Quotes are good but not outside context, comments have to be made. For each bad quote from an Israel official, you can find one or more bad quotes from palestinians. This game of who is the more shitty will not enlighten us, and probabily will only please the misanthropists.

I expect that his thread will go in the right direction, otherwise i think that his life expectancy will be reduce. Thanks for your understanding.
  • Reply 11 of 161
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Oh no, SDW is going to be reporting posts again!
  • Reply 12 of 161
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

You and a handful of others here are unbelievably anti-semetic. I have my problems with some of Israels actions, too. The difference is I don't start threads like "Guess Who Blew Up....big surprise.....Sharon.....terrorist....war criminal...".

You misunderstand. That isn't anti-semitic. That is simply anti-Sharon just as you are anti-Clinton and many here are anti-Bush. Please don't go around labeling people like that. Some might find it insulting and report you to the thought police. Rest assured, I won't.

Quote:

Transaltion from HaraldSpeak: "Israel has passed laws limiting the rights of citenship and marriage and family rights....of course, these laws are aimed the innocent and noble Palestinians, who are just trying to raise their families and don't promote culture of terror hell bent on destroying Israel. Maybe if Israel would just give up the poor Arabs could have their God-given land back that the evil racist zionists took from them, things would be OK. Thanks for money, America!

I think that's what you meant. [/B]

Again, rather insulting but I'll overlook that and simply respond. This is a similar argument to the arguments surrounding additional gun restrictions in the US. Who is the law really going to hurt? Is it going to make it tougher on law abiding citizens? Yes. Are the real criminals going to care? No. Is this just legislation that panders to a group of frightened people? Yes.

Have a fantastic day.
  • Reply 13 of 161
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Hmmm Harald..

Have you ever tried getting Japanese citizenship..?

or Chinese citizenship...?

Oh & Eugene..just in case you want to start on me accusing me of racism ,

My sister wanted to live in Japan full time..NO GO..

&

My cousin wanted to live in China full time..NO GO

Citizenship NOT allowed to foreigners..Even children born in these countries ( where one parent is native ) don't get citizenship..

Oh yes..I forgot Liberia..where my girlfriend was born..No citizenship allowed..bacuase..wait for it..

she & her parents are white....
  • Reply 14 of 161
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Do me a favour, back it up. How have I been anti-semitic? Could you give me an example? When I say "guess which people" as I did in this thread, it is because Israel has done something else racist.

The anti semitism is in your lack of balance. When a person attacks only one group, constantly, regardless of the issue, then that can be viewed as racist.

If you believe that your views are balanced, why don't you mention the lack of jewish citizens in Iran, Iraq, Saudi or any other Arab nation. How about the bans on their rights to hold property or elected office. How about how many were forced out of those counties, and have not been offered the right of return that the Palestinians demand?

You see and discuss Israel, only when you have a negative critique of them.

If I only discuss Europe in terms of their barbaric wars, their xenophobic politicians and people, their history of murdering jews and muslims, their lack of fortitude in warfare, their closed protectionist policies, lack of deoderant other basic hygiene habits, hairy women, colonial policies, inability to be decisive in colflicts, or general arrogance, would you see me as anti-european? They can all be argue to be true to one extend or another. How about if occasionally, I said "but, I don't hate Europeans, I am just telling it like it is", would that make those statements less insulting?
  • Reply 15 of 161
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Hmmm Harald..

Oh & Eugene..just in case you want to start on me accusing me of racism ,

My sister wanted to live in Japan full time..NO GO..

&

My cousin wanted to live in China full time..NO GO

Citizenship NOT allowed to foreigners..Even children born in these countries ( where one parent is native ) don't get citizenship..

Oh yes..I forgot Liberia..where my girlfriend was born..No citizenship allowed..bacuase..wait for it..

she & her parents are white....

Don't you know it's only worthwhile discussing, if it involves jews?

The policy is wrong.

Other nations to it, and though wrong, hardly worth noting, as they do it simply for racial purity. Israel does it in a mistaken believe that it might prevent mass murderers from gaining easier access to their citizens, and it is worth condemning. (which it is)
  • Reply 16 of 161
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

1?.5

PLO Charter Article 15: The liberation of Palestine, from an Arab viewpoint, is a national (qawmi) duty and it attempts to repel the Zionist and imperialist aggression against the Arab homeland, and aims at the liquidation of the Zionist presence in Palestine. Absolute responsibility for this falls upon the Arab nation - peoples and governments - with the Arab people of Palestine in the vanguard.?

PLO Charter Article 22: Zionism is a political movement organically associated with international imperialism and antagonistic to all action for liberation and to progressive movements in the world. It is racist and fanatic in its nature, aggressive, expansionist, and colonial in its aims, and fascist in its methods. Israel is the instrument of the Zionist movement, and geographical base for world imperialism placed strategically in the midst of the Arab homeland to combat the hopes of the Arab nation for liberation, unity, and progress. Israel is a constant source of threat vis-a-vis peace in the Middle East and the whole world. Since the liberation of Palestine will destroy the Zionist and imperialist presence and will contribute to the establishment of peace in the Middle East, the Palestinian people look for the support of all the progressive and peaceful forces and urge them all, irrespective of their affiliations and beliefs, to offer the Palestinian people all aid and support in their just struggle for the liberation of their homeland.

Quote:

6?8

"Our fundamental condition for cooperating with Germany was a free hand to eradicate every last Jew from Palestine and the Arab world. I asked Hitler for an explicit undertaking to allow us to solve the Jewish problem in a manner befitting our national and racial aspirations and according to the scientific methods innovated by Germany in the handling of its Jews. The answer I got was: 'The Jews are yours.' ",Close relative of Arafat, Jerusalem's grand mufti, Haj Amin al-Husseini, 1942

Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel ... -- Zuheir Muhsin, late Military Department head of the PLO and member of its Executive Council, Dutch daily Trouw, March 1977

Quote:

9?9a

This agreement, I am not considering it more than the agreement which had been signed between our prophet Mohammed and Koraish, and you remember the Caliph Omar had refused this agreement and [considered] it a despicable truce. But Mohammed had accepted it and we are accepting now this peace offer. But to continue our way to Jerusalem, to the first shrine together and not alone.- PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat on May 10, 1994, in a mosque in Johannesburg, South Africa. This was after his Oslo peace negotiations. The agreement he mentions, is an agreement Mohammed made with a rival, used the cease fire to grow stronger, returned, broke the agreement and slaughtered the tribe of Koraish and conquered Mecca.

Quote:

10?14

See PLO Charter for similar statements, entered as official policy, by the Palestinians.

Quote:

15?

Imagine wanting to change regimes in countries that threaten and attack you.

Quote:

16. ?

See PLO Charter for similar statements, enshrined as official policy of PLO.

Quote:

17?

Umm..Temple Mount. Renamed by Arabs, and claimed by Arafat to have no historical or archaeological link to jews. Medina, Islams second holiest site, is believed to have originally be a jewish settlement.

Quote:

18?19

"Our fundamental condition for cooperating with Germany was a free hand to eradicate every last Jew from Palestine and the Arab world. I asked Hitler for an explicit undertaking to allow us to solve the Jewish problem in a manner befitting our national and racial aspirations and according to the scientific methods innovated by Germany in the handling of its Jews. The answer I got was: 'The Jews are yours.' ",Close relative of Arafat, Jerusalem's grand mufti, Haj Amin al-Husseini, 1942

Quote:

20?23

"We the PLO will concentrate all our efforts on splitting Israel psychologically into two camps. Within five years we will have six to seven million Arabs living on the West Bank and in Jerusalem. The PLO plans to eliminate the State of Israel and establish a purely Plastinian State. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion; Jews won't want to live among Arabs."-Arafat, 1996

Quote:

24?

?Thus the Jews are accursed?the Jews of our time, those who preceded them and those who will come after them, if any Jews come after them. With regard to the fraud of the Holocaust ...I, personally, complain to Hitler, from the bottom of my heart, ?If only you had done it, brother, if only it had really happened, so that the world could sigh in relief [without] the Jews? evil and sin.?- Fatma Abdallah Mahmoud, columnist for the Egyptian government daily Al-Khbar on April 29, 2002:
  • Reply 17 of 161
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tulkas

PLO Charter Article 15: The liberation of Palestine, from an Arab viewpoint, is a national (qawmi) duty and it attempts to repel the Zionist and imperialist aggression against the Arab homeland, and aims at the liquidation of the Zionist presence in Palestine. Absolute responsibility for this falls upon the Arab nation - peoples and governments - with the Arab people of Palestine in the vanguard.?

PLO Charter Article 22: Zionism is a political movement organically associated with international imperialism and antagonistic to all action for liberation and to progressive movements in the world. It is racist and fanatic in its nature, aggressive, expansionist, and colonial in its aims, and fascist in its methods. Israel is the instrument of the Zionist movement, and geographical base for world imperialism placed strategically in the midst of the Arab homeland to combat the hopes of the Arab nation for liberation, unity, and progress. Israel is a constant source of threat vis-a-vis peace in the Middle East and the whole world. Since the liberation of Palestine will destroy the Zionist and imperialist presence and will contribute to the establishment of peace in the Middle East, the Palestinian people look for the support of all the progressive and peaceful forces and urge them all, irrespective of their affiliations and beliefs, to offer the Palestinian people all aid and support in their just struggle for the liberation of their homeland.

Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel ... -- Zuheir Muhsin, late Military Department head of the PLO and member of its Executive Council, Dutch daily Trouw, March 1977

This agreement, I am not considering it more than the agreement which had been signed between our prophet Mohammed and Koraish, and you remember the Caliph Omar had refused this agreement and [considered] it a despicable truce. But Mohammed had accepted it and we are accepting now this peace offer. But to continue our way to Jerusalem, to the first shrine together and not alone.- PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat on May 10, 1994, in a mosque in Johannesburg, South Africa. This was after his Oslo peace negotiations. The agreement he mentions, is an agreement Mohammed made with a rival, used the cease fire to grow stronger, returned, broke the agreement and slaughtered the tribe of Koraish and conquered Mecca.

See PLO Charter for similar statements, entered as official policy, by the Palestinians.

Imagine wanting to change regimes in countries that threaten and attack you.

See PLO Charter for similar statements, enshrined as official policy of PLO.

Umm..Temple Mount. Renamed by Arabs, and claimed by Arafat to have no historical or archaeological link to jews. Medina, Islams second holiest site, is believed to have originally be a jewish settlement.

"We the PLO will concentrate all our efforts on splitting Israel psychologically into two camps. Within five years we will have six to seven million Arabs living on the West Bank and in Jerusalem. The PLO plans to eliminate the State of Israel and establish a purely Plastinian State. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion; Jews won't want to live among Arabs."-Arafat, 1996

?Thus the Jews are accursed?the Jews of our time, those who preceded them and those who will come after them, if any Jews come after them. With regard to the fraud of the Holocaust ...I, personally, complain to Hitler, from the bottom of my heart, ?If only you had done it, brother, if only it had really happened, so that the world could sigh in relief [without] the Jews? evil and sin.?- Fatma Abdallah Mahmoud, columnist for the Egyptian government daily Al-Khbar on April 29, 2002:

thanks to have proven my point :

Quote:

am not interested in a trial of Israel. Quotes are good but not outside context, comments have to be made. For each bad quote from an Israel official, you can find one or more bad quotes from palestinians.

Now, that it was done, can we move along ?
  • Reply 18 of 161
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    At least everyone agrees that what Israel is doing is wrong.
  • Reply 19 of 161
    sondjatasondjata Posts: 308member
    Quote:

1. "There is a huge gap between us (Jews) and our enemies _not just in ability but in morality, culture, sanctity of life, and conscience. They are our neighbors here, but it seems as if at a distance of a few hundred meters away, there are people who do not belong to our continent, to our world, but actually belong to a different galaxy." Israeli president Moshe Katsav. The Jerusalem Post, May 10, 2001

2. "The Palestinians are like crocodiles, the more you give them meat, they want more".... Ehud Barak, Prime Minister of Israel at the time - August 28, 2000. Reported in the Jerusalem Post August 30, 2000

3. " [The Palestinians are] beasts walking on two legs." Menahim Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts". New Statesman, 25 June 1982.

4. "The Palestinians" would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls." " Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

5. "When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle." Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Forces, New York Times, 14 April 1983.

6. "How can we return the occupied territories? There is nobody to return them to." Golda Meir, March 8, 1969.

7. "There was no such thing as Palestinians, they never existed." Golda Maier Israeli Prime Minister June 15, 1969

8. "The thesis that the danger of genocide was hanging over us in June 1967 and that Israel was fighting for its physical existence is only bluff, which was born and developed after the war." Israeli General Matityahu Peled, Ha'aretz, 19 March 1972.

9. David Ben Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister): "If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?" Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp121.

9a. Ben Gurion also warned in 1948 : "We must do everything to insure they ( the Palestinians) never do return." Assuring his fellow Zionists that Palestinians will never come back to their homes. "The old will die and the young will forget."

10. "We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves." Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.

12. "We declare openly that the Arabs have no right to settle on even one centimeter of Eretz Israel... Force is all they do or ever will understand. We shall use the ultimate force until the Palestinians come crawling to us on all fours." Rafael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense Forces - Gad Becker, Yediot Ahronot 13 April 1983, New York Times 14 April 1983.

13. "We must do everything to ensure they [the Palestinian refugees] never do return" David Ben-Gurion, in his diary, 18 July 1948, quoted in Michael Bar Zohar's Ben-Gurion: the Armed Prophet, Prentice-Hall, 1967, p. 157.

15. "We should prepare to go over to the offensive. Our aim is to smash Lebanon, Trans-Jordan, and Syria. The weak point is Lebanon, for the Moslem regime is artificial and easy for us to undermine. We shall establish a Christian state there, and then we will smash the Arab Legion, eliminate Trans-Jordan; Syria will fall to us. We then bomb and move on and take Port Said, Alexandria and Sinai." David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff. From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978.

16. "We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population." Israel Koenig, "The Koenig Memorandum"

17. "Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population." Moshe Dayan, address to the Technion, Haifa, reported in Haaretz, April 4, 1969.

18. "We walked outside, Ben-Gurion accompanying us. Allon repeated his question, What is to be done with the Palestinian population?' Ben-Gurion waved his hand in a gesture which said 'Drive them out!'" Yitzhak Rabin, leaked censored version of Rabin memoirs, published in the New York Times, 23 October 1979.

19. Rabin's description of the conquest of Lydda, after the completion of Plan Dalet. "We shall reduce the Arab population to a community of woodcutters and waiters" Uri Lubrani, PM Ben-Gurion's special adviser on Arab Affairs, 1960. From "The Arabs in Israel" by Sabri Jiryas.

20. "There are some who believe that the non-Jewish population, even in a high percentage, within our borders will be more effectively under our surveillance; and there are some who believe the contrary, i.e., that it is easier to carry out surveillance over the activities of a neighbor than over those of a tenant. [I] tend to support the latter view and have an additional argument:...the need to sustain the character of the state which will henceforth be Jewish...with a non-Jewish minority limited to 15 percent. I had already reached this fundamental position as early as 1940 [and] it is entered in my diary." Joseph Weitz, head of the Jewish Agency's Colonization Department. From Israel: an Apartheid State by Uri Davis, p.5.

21. "Everybody has to move, run and grab as many hilltops as they can to enlarge the settlements because everything we take now will stay ours... Everything we don't grab will go to them." Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

22. "It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism,colonialization or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands." Yoram Bar Porath, Yediot Aahronot, of 14 July 1972.

23. "Spirit the penniless population across the frontier by denying it employment... Both the process of expropriation and the removal of the poor must be carried out discreetly and circumspectly." Theodore Herzl, founder of the World Zionist Organization, speaking of the Arabs of Palestine,Complete Diaries, June 12, 1895 entry.

24. "One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail." -- Rabbi Yaacov Perrin, Feb. 27, 1994 [Source: N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1]

most excellent set of quotes!!
  • Reply 20 of 161
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Hmmm Harald..

Except that in this situation we have one of the world's most militarily powerful countries that gets a whole, whole lot of our tax money implementing a law that applies only to the very group of militarily weak people that this country's leaders have commited to repressing, expelling or eliminating.

This is for you, too, Tulkas.