Something Is Fishy.... (iPod)

Comments

• Reply 361 of 403
    mandricardmandricard Posts: 486member
    Bidouille insists that this is not a rumor.... O THE AGONY.

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 362 of 403
    fatmac84fatmac84 Posts: 67member
    I've been waiting since Christmas. A new iPod was supposed to be a present from my parents. Hopefully, I won't have to wait until Christmas 2003.
  • Reply 363 of 403
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Are these guys for real?
  • Reply 364 of 403
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

Are these guys for real?

Saw this posted @ another board. Sure seems pretty unbelievable. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Maybe some one @ Apple would know.
  • Reply 365 of 403
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rickag

Saw this posted @ another board. Sure seems pretty unbelievable. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Maybe some one @ Apple would know.

Quote:

AppleDiscount.com is dedicated to serving resellers and distributors worldiwde with discounted Apple hardware and accessories. We are also happy to serve individual consumers although please note we are unable to accept online credit card payments. You may select your desired currency using the selector in the bottom-left corner of the page. We are a Netherlands-based firm but can accept most major world currencies.

So, they won't accept credit card. Paypal? The deal sounds too good to be true.
  • Reply 366 of 403
    aaronsaarons Posts: 31member
    The domain is registered to some "Domains by Proxy" group in Redmond, WA.

as
  • Reply 367 of 403
    I created an account at their page. The shipping costs for a 10gig iPod AND a CinemaDisplay HD are 36,30 EUR to Germany. The paying methods are really strange. They offer:

-Bank Transfer\t

-US Cashiers Check or Money Order\t

-Western Union Order

...but it would be so to buy the HD Display for 1200 EUR...
  • Reply 368 of 403
    matt ftmatt ft Posts: 87member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macrescue

I created an account at their page. The shipping costs for a 10gig iPod AND a CinemaDisplay HD are 36,30 EUR to Germany. The paying methods are really strange. They offer:

-Bank Transfer\t

-US Cashiers Check or Money Order\t

-Western Union Order

...but it would be so to buy the HD Display for 1200 EUR...

Wow - AVOID!!! I know of people who have been screwed on EBay by people who will only accept Western Union etc. If they will not accept Visa/Mastercard, run a mile. If you pay by Visa/Mastercard you have payment protection. With Bank Transfer / Western Union you have no protection.

Don't risk it - it is too good to be true!
  • Reply 369 of 403
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    The Apple Store indicator is ON. 3-5 days wait for both 10 & 20 GB models. They are coming - COME QUICKLY!
  • Reply 370 of 403
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    No ipods in Norway either...
  • Reply 371 of 403
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
  • Reply 372 of 403
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    That Burton iPod backpack is pretty cool. I'd be more likely to get a backpack than the Amp jacket.

Think Secret is running an article that confirms the April 28 intro date for a new iPod, previously announced by AppleInsider. TS went down before I got to read the article, but somebody posted the TS sketch on SpyMac.

I bet that Mandricard now sees light at the end of the no-iPod tunnel.

Escher

PS: I realize there's a thread dedicated to the TS article, but I had to mention it in here for the sake of completeness.

PS2: bperkins, you need to shrink that image, it's really screwing up the layout.
  • Reply 373 of 403
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    For the record, the Think Secret iPod article is back up as of 3pm EST. Can the article really be accurate if Apple Legal hasnt' sent a cease and desist notice yet?

Escher
  • Reply 374 of 403
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

For the record, the Think Secret iPod article is back up as of 3pm EST. Can the article really be accurate if Apple Legal hasnt' sent a cease and desist notice yet?

Escher

Even when rumor sites have had things dead on, apple doesn't pull out the lawyers unless an actual document or photo from apple is being used.

That is my recollection anyways......
  • Reply 375 of 403
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

Are these guys for real?

its a fake. Don't buy stuff there. Even weirder, there's a review link on the right side of the page, giving it 1 out of 5 stars, written in Spanish. It basically says the site rips you off and that it's not real and operated by some bad dude with a bad rep all over the internet.
  • Reply 376 of 403
    Is this part of the reason for the delay? Music Source
  • Reply 377 of 403
    Rumors are springing up all over the place, LoopRumors, MacRumors, etc., but they are all basically quoting TS's story.

I have wanted this to be true since January 16, the day of THE HORRIBLE COKE EXPLOSION that left me bereft of my iPod. Yet, I think there have been 3 "solid" release dates for new iPods which have oozed their way through the rumor-mill.

However, this one seems to be more ... somehow... juicy?

I am not yet holding my breath, but I am crossing my fingers...

Hope (unfortunately) springs eternal,

Mandricard

AppleOutsider

P.s. BigC, never buy an iPod from an outfit as shady as the one above.
  • Reply 378 of 403
    My iPod kinda freaked me out today! I was using it during class and I was about to turn it off then it froze. Then it went off and wouldn't go back on. Then it worked again. This all happened in like 20 seconds. hehehe.
  • Reply 379 of 403
    The Apple Store indicator is still ON - now 7 - 10 days.

• Reply 380 of 403
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    how could i forget...

its tuesday!