Paris Expo 2003

Comments

• Reply 41 of 278
    Just to add fuel to the fire guys......

Apple Australia have the 1GHz TiBook next available week 2/3 September.

I think it's safe to say people, that new PowerBooks are on their way. I would think Paris is the scene and shipping immediately on announcement.

I suspect that SJ knows that we are all waiting for new laptops and by making us wait gets us more and more edgy for the announcement to be made. I think he'll be thinking that all will be redeemed by having them readily available in stores!!!!

That's what I think. But hey.....what do I know??

• Reply 42 of 278
    philbyphilby Posts: 124member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Joecool

I think it's safe to say people, that new PowerBooks are on their way. I would think Paris is the scene and shipping immediately on announcement.

Let's hope so ? I'll be there, and want to see the new PowerBooks the moment I step out of the Stevesters Note, dazed in glorious RDF, willing to $pend $$$ 8)
  • Reply 43 of 278
    How long have the 12 inchers been out for now? Is an update to 1 GHz for these too much to hope for?
  • Reply 44 of 278
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Think Secret reports of "some sort of problem that pushed the release [of the new 15" & 17" Powerbooks] to next month."

Stevenote: T minus 17 days : 11 hours : 37 minutes

Screed
  • Reply 45 of 278
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Joecool

I suspect that SJ knows that we are all waiting for new laptops and by making us wait gets us more and more edgy for the announcement to be made....

....so that we end up making a rash and foolish impulse buy the second they are announced
  • Reply 46 of 278
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    is it unusual for Steve to 'note a Paris expo? Especially since he doesn't speak French. Perhaps he's just announcing a new Apple store in Paris or something else more specific for their market.
  • Reply 47 of 278
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Honestly, I don't remember Steve ever giving a keynote in Paris...unless here was there for the intoduction of the 'La iLivre chaux'.

*waits for Powerdoc to correct my bad French*
  • Reply 48 of 278
    sopphodesopphode Posts: 135member
    He has keynoted the two last Paris expos

Here's the last one
  • Reply 49 of 278
    Well there you go.

If they're not streamed, they don't really exist.
  • Reply 50 of 278
    nm dp
  • Reply 51 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by @homenow

If we are lucky Apple will anounce iTMS for Europe and Windows (US and Europe) at the same time [as Windoze iTMS]. that would be best for Apples bottom line.

And at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, it would be really, really appropriate to announce Euro iTMS at Paris. You can be sure that Apple would really, really want to make this happen. So maybe they've succeeded?

As for the Windoze iTMS thing, wouldn't this be almost a certainty? I assume that iTunes is a Carbon app; if so, wouldn't it be almost trivial to recompile for Windoze? After that, of course, there's lots of optimisation and bug fixing to be done. But it seems to me that the current timeframe should be about right for iTMS: Dark Side Edition.

So perhaps this will be a keynote that's mainly about services, with new/updated products taking a back seat.
  • Reply 52 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

It's a matter of whether it's easier to convince the big 5 labels to commit to a Windows version in the US, or whether it's easier to wade through the dense, tangled thicket of licensing contracts and agreements in force in the various countries that make up Europe.

Neither one is easy, and only one has been promised "by the end of the year" (Windows iTunes) so from that it's not hard to conclude which Apple feels is more likely to appear first.

Amorph:

I haven't been following the geek news too assiduously lately, but I thought that some kind of iTMS-like service was already going in Europe. If so, wouldn't that pave the way for Apple to follow suit?
  • Reply 53 of 278
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sopphode

He has keynoted the two last Paris expos

Here's the last one

And Apple Expo 2003 is only the third Apple Expo.
  • Reply 54 of 278
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    Oh my god, the best part was when everyone hooted and roared when the Ellen Feiss ad came up.
  • Reply 55 of 278
    Just give me iTMS euro, and 10.3 (free for everyone at the ketnote) and i'll be happy.
  • Reply 56 of 278
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Stevenote: T minus 13 days : 11 hours : 36 minutes
  • Reply 57 of 278
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by boy_analog

Amorph:

I haven't been following the geek news too assiduously lately, but I thought that some kind of iTMS-like service was already going in Europe. If so, wouldn't that pave the way for Apple to follow suit?

I can't remember if it's like "BuyMusic.com" and it's basically just a container for songs sold at whatever price the label sets with whatever conditions the label sets, instead of being consistent the way iTMS is.

If so, that's a lot easier to pull off, because it punts the contractual wrangling to the consumer.
  • Reply 58 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by Phong

Oh my god, the best part was when everyone hooted and roared when the Ellen Feiss ad came up.

She is definitley hot. Interesting that the focus was on the switch campaign...oops, it has been a miserable failure! Oh well.
  • Reply 59 of 278
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    There was a rumour of a DP 1.8, no one has brought this up but I wonder if it might just slot into the range in Paris.
  • Reply 60 of 278
    Whooo hooo I received my badge today with a K to open the keynotes magic doors! I cant wait!

I am sure they will give a shipping date for 10.3 but will already have free copies for everyone at the keynote. They will also introduce the wireless keyboard and mouse and give everyone at the keynote a free wireless mouse. End fantasy.

Okay so I wont get anything free except for some good Steve karma!