Who is buying a new PowerBook?

Comments

• Reply 241 of 336
    Well - 45 minutes later after waiting on the phone!

Should ship by the end of the week.

He said (sounded like the chap I was on the phone to on Monday - there isn't one guy manning the phones is there? please tell me no) there's a problem with flights or something in Taiwan

So - I said I know someone who's getting theirs today - and he said he didn't know why it was taking so long - and that was it. I couldn't ask anything else, and he couldn't tell me anything else.

I guess it wouldn't be so much of a problem, but they've taken the money from my C-Card already...
  • Reply 242 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by lsngctrl

I ordered mine on 9/19. I got it this morning.

15" 1.25 1gb RAM (only change)

are you in the west or east coast of US?

i ordered mine 9/18 and still has not shipped!!

i'm up in toronto but STILL man.. i want it now!
  • Reply 243 of 336
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    Placed order on the 18th of sep for a stock 15" 1.25 superdrive with single ram stick. initial ship date 9/29, changed to 10/2. apple sent email saying sorry cannot process payment through loan account on 9/28. checked with mbna, found apple put the charge through twice! no wonder it bounced.

fixed with apple after being 30 minutes on hold. the PB shipped today. checked with airborne and apple given air bill number is that of a completely un related shipment which was completed on 8/28. this is not even related to apple. Let's see what happens, maybe airborne recycles airbill numbers.

company I work for used to use Airborne, then switched to UPS. Thank God. Airborne has a weired hub system, everything including ground shipments must go through their cleveland hub. So if you ship ground from California to Colorado. It first goes to cleveland then comes to Colorado!! No wonder they are always late.
  • Reply 244 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wifty

You sure they've not been given the superdrive by mistake Ti Fighter?

yup, thats what i thought and checked, but its a combo.

btw, our other 12" shipped on the 30th, we ordered on the 16th from macmall.
  • Reply 245 of 336
    Yeah ! I think...I finally got my shipping notification...but the Airborne reference points to a shipment already delivered on 8/22/03. I did see in the e-mail that the reference will not be valid until 12 to 24 hours after shipping. So I suppose this is the case.

I have to thank my wife, because she suggested I wait... A few days ago I was going to go to a local dealer because my date got bumped... , I'm glad I didn't...

Oh, my system is a 15" 1.25GHz, SD, 5400rpm, 1 stick 512MB...

Ordered on 9/22.
  • Reply 246 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by Infoseeker

[B]

I have to thank my wife, because she suggested I wait... A few days ago I was going to go to a local dealer because my date got bumped... , I'm glad I didn't...

/B]

Why are you glad that you waited?
  • Reply 247 of 336
    man i hope mine ships today but i have a feeling it won't.. it was suppose to ship 9/29 and then delayed to 10/02..

boooo...

i hate waiting!
  • Reply 248 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by strongbadia

man i hope mine ships today but i have a feeling it won't.. it was suppose to ship 9/29 and then delayed to 10/02..

boooo...

i hate waiting!

Even after it ships, prepare to wait. Mine shipped on the 23rd of Sept and I did not get it until the 30th.

It was definately worth the wait. It is totaly awesome!
  • Reply 249 of 336
    My BTO 15" 1.25 GHz was to have been shipped from the Apple store by yesterday. Only thing different from stock was that I asked for a single RAM chip (512). It hasn't shipped and no word from Apple. The rest of the order arrrived, even teh bluetooth mouse, that had been quoted as delayed until 0ct 15th, made a sudden quick arrival.

All set to go except for, ahh, the computer. Waiting...
  • Reply 250 of 336
    oops double post
  • Reply 251 of 336
    my PB shipped today as promised, but i am prepared to wait for a while for it despite the express shipping. my iPod has been in transit since the 25th and Airborne has no clue where it is. they hypothesize it is stuck in customs. if that's the case, it's funny how tons of drugs can be smuggle in overnight, but my iPod is being scrutinized all week. guess i haven't bribed the right goverment officials.

• Reply 252 of 336
    kyogenkyogen Posts: 50member
    These delays happened to me with my iPod and my 15 AL Powerbook... I got my shipping costs refunded in both cases by apple phone reps.

They mentioned to me that customs and the way they ship the items over seas in a pallate, then break them down once they get to a US city are both partially culprits on delays. I asked that they better set customers expectations when they anticipate shipping delays like this... if you know it's shipped, and you have 2 day shipping, in my mind, why would it take any more time than that? it's all about apple setting our expectations... Maybe mention that when you speak to a rep...

BTW, the initial shipping tracking numbers most of us got track the pallate shipment, not our individual products... that's why they gave some of us updated tracking numbers that tended to work better... I guess that means the products/pallates have been broken up to ship individually.

Good luck, i'm sure enjoying both my 40 gig iPod and my AL Powerbook...

Charlie

www.InGratia.org
  • Reply 253 of 336
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Has anyone had a 12" PB ship yet? Especially a 12" BTO? My ship date of 10/03 is now fast approaching, after having been bumped from 09/30, and there's no sign the system is even being built, let alone getting ready to ship. I fully expect 10/03 to come and go at this point with nothing more than a last-minute e-mail with yet another unreliable predicted ship date.

Some 12" inchers have been shipped to stores... I saw them being sold in Salem, NH last Friday in fact. I'm getting the strong impression that online orders must have a lower priority, with BTO online orders at the bottom of the heap.
  • Reply 254 of 336
    Mine is still being built - supposedly.

I phoned today (5th time) and they said all the built to order 12"'s should ship by the end of the week (Oct 3rd).

The lady said that orders like mine (from the 16/9) have a priority to ship.

Here's hoping for Friday. But, like you - I've got the feeling it'll pass with another email with another delayed date.
  • Reply 255 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by mac's girl

my PB shipped today as promised, but i am prepared to wait for a while for it despite the express shipping. my iPod has been in transit since the 25th and Airborne has no clue where it is. they hypothesize it is stuck in customs. if that's the case, it's funny how tons of drugs can be smuggle in overnight, but my iPod is being scrutinized all week. guess i haven't bribed the right goverment officials.

That is what happened to me. Airborne had no idea where it was and then... it just showed up.
  • Reply 256 of 336
    More Airborne Woes...

Seems like the 2 day shipping is counted once it reaches their hub! it is not from the day they picked up from Apple. utter nonsense.

So, My PB shipped today, will reach airborne hub on the 3rd and then it will be 2 business days, which means I expect to see it on the 7th or 8th.
  • Reply 257 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jamil

Why are you glad that you waited?

If I had cancelled my order I wouldn't have gotten the faster hard drive and 1 stick 512MB. I was considering going local (not loco ), but would have had to install the hard drive myself...which I've done with my Wallstreet II, but would rather wait until faster drives come down in price...
  • Reply 258 of 336
    I got the dreaded "your order has been delayed" e-mail from Apple. The original estimated ship date, for my 15" 512 (BTO single chip) RAM 1.25 Ghz Powerbook, was 9/30. Today (10/1) they say it could be as long as 10/10 before they ship it. Waaaa! Waiting.....
  • Reply 259 of 336
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mac's girl

mac's girl, I think we ordered iMac's at the same time a while back!

I ordered a PBG4 15.2/1.25/1024/80/SD/AP/BL/Ll (and a bunch of academic deal stuff, including a new iPod 40GB, on 9/26 and got a "on or by 11/10/03" shipdate for the PB. Everything else was sent Next Day air, even though I told them to take their time and send if by ground, since the PB was way off in the future! All was delivered at school on Saturday 9/27! Well, thanks, but nobody there to receive it. I lucked out and nobody stole it from in front of my office door where I found it on Monday morning. Whew!

I checked the order today and was told the PB had shipped 10/1! Wow , but Airborne says its an international order. Guess when I'll get it? Yep, Saturday again......
  • Reply 260 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cubit

mac's girl, I think we ordered iMac's at the same time a while back!

I ordered a PBG4 15.2/1.25/1024/80/SD/AP/BL/Ll (and a bunch of academic deal stuff, including a new iPod 40GB, on 9/26 and got a "on or by 11/10/03" shipdate for the PB. Everything else was sent Next Day air, even though I told them to take their time and send if by ground, since the PB was way off in the future! All was delivered at school on Saturday 9/27! Well, thanks, but nobody there to receive it. I lucked out and nobody stole it from in front of my office door where I found it on Monday morning. Whew!

I checked the order today and was told the PB had shipped 10/1! Wow , but Airborne says its an international order. Guess when I'll get it? Yep, Saturday again......

Hey, Cubit! You remember me? I'm tickled! How's your iMac holding up? Cash flow was lower this time so i had to go with the 1Ghz PB15" with the 80@4200rpm and a backlighted keyboard as my only upgrades. I thought while I waited for it to ship/arrive, I would panhandle in the subway for RAM money. LOL! I got the academic deal too on the iPod (20GB) but I think it's insane that Airborne doesn't know where it is for the past week. If it's not here by Friday, Apple is getting a call from me. I want a refund for my so-called express shipping.

Anyway, let me know when you get your PB... both of ours having shipped on the same day, let's see whose arrives first.