Who is buying a new PowerBook?

Comments

• Reply 261 of 336
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

Purchasing 15" Al PB, 5400 RPM drive, memory in one slot.

Originally scheduled to ship on or before 9/29. Just got an email it is delayed till 10/6.

Good news - bad news. I hate the extra wait but if this tends to mean I get one without flaws it is OK by me.

Update: the PowerBook shipped 10/1. No confirmation yet from Airborne.
  • Reply 262 of 336
    wiftywifty Posts: 70member
    Just an update as I've been bitching repeatedly about my orde ron here. My PB15 1.25 stock turned up yesterday and it's great! No problems with the latch, hinge or screen at all.

Big relief!

Good luck to those still waiting. Hope they arrive soon. Enjoy
  • Reply 263 of 336
    Just received a new email from Apple.

They'll ship the order sometime in the second week of October.

This is down to Stock Restrictions or something.

Noodles is one very pissed off Apple customer.

Anyone else receive this?
  • Reply 264 of 336
    GOOD NEWS!

It's SHIPPED!

Well - that's what the status image is showing anyway...

Beneath where it lists each item it has "No items shipped."

I'm confused.

• Reply 265 of 336
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    My 12" Powerbook has landed. (Ordered 9/17) What a little cutie. I haven't given it an intense test but it's barely gotten warm.

...now, onto the Canon Digital Rebel and a G5 desktop early next year.

Screed
  • Reply 266 of 336
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Noodles

GOOD NEWS!

It's SHIPPED!

Well - that's what the status image is showing anyway...

That's a very different looking status page than I've been getting.

I've been going to http://www.apple.com/OrderStatus, and all I get is a very plain looking table of text messages with none of the pretty 1-2-3-4 status images you're showing.

Worse, however, is that the status is still "Open", showing no signs of my order being built or prepped.
  • Reply 267 of 336
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

That's a very different looking status page than I've been getting.

I've been going to http://www.apple.com/OrderStatus, and all I get is a very plain looking table of text messages with none of the pretty 1-2-3-4 status images you're showing.

Worse, however, is that the status is still "Open", showing no signs of my order being built or prepped.

dont worry, i didnt have pictures either. it never told me it was being built, just said "open" and then suddenly it went straight to "shipped."
  • Reply 268 of 336
    It was still being built this morning, then when I checked later after getting back home it was "Shipped".

I'm so thrilled - I just got the email from Apple with my TNT Tracking number - although when checking on the TNT web site the number doesn't exist yet...
  • Reply 269 of 336
    Sure does

So - people who now have their 12"? What are they like? What's the battery like? Lots of people have been complaining about the 15" battery - that worries me...

Also - do we get a Mini-DVI to VGA adaptor with it?
  • Reply 270 of 336
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Noodles

Also - do we get a Mini-DVI to VGA adaptor with it?

According to the tech specs on Apple's site, it does come with that adaptor.
  • Reply 271 of 336
    Ordered my PB 15 1.25 on Sept 25 and scheduled to arrive on afternoon of Oct 3. Had to order from Apple rather than Apple Store due to 5400rpm HD. Now we will be full Mac family...iMac for me (March 03 purchase) and PB for wife (oh yea I will use it too)!!!!!!!
  • Reply 272 of 336
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    The 12" Powerbook came with a Mini-DVi to DVI adapter [i]and{/i] Mini-DVI-VGA adapter. When I placed the order, it took me a bit to figure that out because I ordered a Mini-DVI to Video adapter plus a duplicate DVI adapter because I first thought it wasn't included.

Screed
  • Reply 273 of 336
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

My 12" Powerbook has landed. (Ordered 9/17) What a little cutie. I haven't given it an intense test but it's barely gotten warm.

Oooh, I'm jeaslous, Screed. But I'm determined to wait a few more weeks until I have more cash and can get Panther for free.

Quote:

...now, onto the Canon Digital Rebel and a G5 desktop early next year.

I went to the Ritz Camera across the street from my office to buy AA NiMH rechargeables for my trip to the Albuquerque (NM) Balloon Fiesta tomorrow. Big surprise! They had the Digital Rebel in stock and I almost walked out with it. The $100 lens that comes with it isn't fast, but it's certainly practical. I'm sick and tired of the autofocus- and shutter- lag on my digital P&S. I miss the lenses, manual focus, and TTL viewfinder of my film SLR. So after the 12-inch PB, the Digital Rebel is definitely second in line here as well.

Escher
  • Reply 274 of 336
    Quote:

Originally scheduled to ship on or before 9/29. Just got an email it is delayed till 10/6.

Good news - bad news. I hate the extra wait but if this tends to mean I get one without flaws it is OK by me.

---

Update 10/3

Although Airborne says the shipping ticket was printed on 10/1 they have yet to receive the box. Maybe it will ship 10/6 after all.
  • Reply 275 of 336
    Quote:

---

Update 10/3

Although Airborne says the shipping ticket was printed on 10/1 they have yet to receive the box. Maybe it will ship 10/6 after all.
  • Reply 276 of 336
    Sorry for the triple post. Not sure how it happened.

By the way, I checked with Apple. They said that Airborne's information does not reflect overseas activity and will not start tracking the package till it clears customs.
  • Reply 277 of 336
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    whoa it is like treja vu
  • Reply 278 of 336
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jamil

company I work for used to use Airborne, then switched to UPS. Thank God. Airborne has a weired hub system, everything including ground shipments must go through their cleveland hub. So if you ship ground from California to Colorado. It first goes to cleveland then comes to Colorado!! No wonder they are always late.

I have had nothing but good luck with Airborne. But it seems like their tracking system has lost it's mind of late. I ordered my PB 1.25 BTO on the 9/26 it says that it will ship today. Well see. I don't much care if mine is late, I have a list of home projects to finish before I get to use it anyway. (My idea to salve my guilt). Plus if they screw around long enough I may get Panther out of the bargain. I bet the ship date will come and go. But I promise to remain calm...... very CALM
  • Reply 279 of 336
    cazlarcazlar Posts: 11member
    Yay, my 12" PB finally shipped! (one day short of a full month after ordering). Unfortunately there was no indication of the carrier or tracking number, so I guess I'll just have to wait it out and hope it doesn't get lost on the perilous journey from Taiwan to Sydney

Anyone know how long shipments take to get delivered to Australia?
  • Reply 280 of 336
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Just recieved the following email:

" Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following item(s) as follows:

Z07E02CQU, PBG4 15.2/1.25GHZ/512/60/SD/AP/BL/LL

will now ship on or before 10/15/2003

We regret any inconvenience this delay may cause.

A shipment notification, with tracking information, will be emailed to you as soon as your order is shipped. You may check the status of your order any time by visiting our online order status website at

http://www.apple.com/orderstatus."

Well there is my answer. Maybe I will get Panther outta the deal after all..... Anyway I get two more weeks to work on my railings for the deck