chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Mussina who?

GO SOX!
  • Reply 22 of 210
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    can someone sticky this thread too?

please?

anyways..

wow, did anyone else see that funky marlins pitch late in the game. it went all the way over to the marlins dugout.
  • Reply 23 of 210
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I'm going to see Clemens vs. Pedro at Fenway tomorrow. I'm very excited.

I also just bought some World Series tickets, Game 1 at Fenway if they make it through the ALCS. Hopefully I get to use them.
  • Reply 24 of 210
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

So what happened to the Cubbies on Friday? I guess I'll have to go check...

Back and forth thriller like Game 1. Cubs won 5-4 in 11 innings.
  • Reply 25 of 210
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Pedro will ****ing die

Red sox would get their ass kicked. Bunch of ****ing pussies.

Yankees will wrap it up tomorrow in Fenway.

Pedro is a major league asshole. You can hate Clemens all you want but if you hate Clemens you have to hate Pedro more. He's worse for the game than anyone. He's a prissy stuck up full of himself biotch.

Red sox fans are even dumber....yea.... chant Yankees Suck a few million more times after they kick your ass.

How about Garcia and Nelson beating the living shit out of that guy in the bullpen.
  • Reply 26 of 210
    Quote:

Pedro will ****ing die

Red sox would get their ass kicked. Bunch of ****ing pussies.

I think I need a translator here. No idea what you are talking about.

Quote:

Yankees will wrap it up tomorrow in Fenway.

You have to win 4 games to win the ALCS. Going 3 games up would put them in a good position, but tell me what Yankee great said, "It's not over, till it's over".

Quote:

Pedro is a major league asshole. You can hate Clemens all you want but if you hate Clemens you have to hate Pedro more. He's worse for the game than anyone. He's a prissy stuck up full of himself biotch.

Where did you get this from? By the way, what was Zimmer thinking charging Pedro like that? People can say Pedro was gunning for Garcia all they want, but anyone that was watching the game knew that he didn't have the control of the fastball he normally had in the first 4 innings of the game. He was throwing a ton of changeups and curveballs, and only a few fastballs because he was overthrowing.

The thing is that when Clemens came out to face Manny Ramirez, everyone knew he was going to throw something up and inside. Clemens did. Initially, he got tossed (as did Joe Torre), but after the conferences by the umpires, they decided to overturn it and not toss anyone.

Quote:

Red sox fans are even dumber....yea.... chant Yankees Suck a few million more times after they kick your ass.

I was at the game, no one was chanting "Yankees suck" outside of the brawl. Instead, there were a lot of "Raw-ger" chants and a ton of "Let's go Red Sox" chants as well. Heck, they even stopped serving alcohol after the brawl to keep people from getting out of hand.

Quote:

How about Garcia and Nelson beating the living shit out of that guy in the bullpen

Yeah, Nelson was pathetic. Teasing a groundskeeper for singing with a song on the screen, and then attacking him when he wouldn't stop? I know there's a lot of pressure, but what he did was inexcusable. MLB is investigating now and they are bringing charges against Nelson and Garcia for assault.

Applenut, you really need to calm down about all of this. It's a game. I was at the game, and you don't see me littering my posts with profanity just because my team lost. Heck, your team won the game and you're going off like this.

Talk about a sore winner.

BTW, the Cubs shelled the Marlins so they are up 3-1 now.

Edit: I just heard on the news that Garcia and Nelson have been charged with assault and battery and will have to return to Boston to face them.
  • Reply 27 of 210
    look for baseball to institute the "third man in" rule next season. meaning if your the third man to enter a fight (let alone come off the bench) it's an automatic suspension.
  • Reply 28 of 210
    ya know what fran, **** you.

Quote:

I think I need a translator here. No idea what you are talking about.

I mean pedro talks shit and then doesn't back it up. 1. physically and 2. pitching. he sucked on the mound and he talked shit and threw at a batter and still talked shit and then hid behind his team like a pussy. that's what i mean.

Quote:

You have to win 4 games to win the ALCS. Going 3 games up would put them in a good position, but tell me what Yankee great said, "It's not over, till it's over".

they will wrap it up as in nomar is getting his ****ing head taken off

Quote:

By the way, what was Zimmer thinking charging Pedro like that?

what was Pedro doing out of the dugout, walking towards the scene, taunting zimmer as he approached and yelling at him from the mound previously. also, was he really so threatened by a 70+ year old man walking at him that he grabbed him by the neck and threw him to the ground and then walked away and hid like a little baby?

Quote:

t? People can say Pedro was gunning for Garcia all they want, but anyone that was watching the game knew that he didn't have the control of the fastball he normally had in the first 4 innings of the game.

fastballs, especially from pedro, tail away. he threw at garcia. you don't miss like that, you don't miss high and behind the head. you just don't. especially in those circumstances after the yankees having just taken the lead. quit bullshitting. if clemens did that shit boston would flip.

Quote:

The thing is that when Clemens came out to face Manny Ramirez, everyone knew he was going to throw something up and inside. Clemens did. Initially, he got tossed (as did Joe Torre), but after the conferences by the umpires, they decided to overturn it and not toss anyone.

the ball clemens threw was directly above posada's helmet. it's called a high fastball. it was no where near ramirez who ducked into the ball. it was a pathetic scene when ramirez got pissed off at a pitch no where near him.

Quote:

I was at the game, no one was chanting "Yankees suck" outside of the brawl. Instead, there were a lot of "Raw-ger" chants and a ton of "Let's go Red Sox" chants as well. Heck, they even stopped serving alcohol after the brawl to keep people from getting out of hand.

apparently you missed a lot of the game because so far you haven't showed any sense of knowing what happened.

Quote:

Yeah, Nelson was pathetic. Teasing a groundskeeper for singing with a song on the screen, and then attacking him when he wouldn't stop? I know there's a lot of pressure, but what he did was inexcusable. MLB is investigating now and they are bringing charges against Nelson and Garcia for assault.

read the article....might learn a thing or two as often is the case

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ne...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

i wonder what your reaction if you were a relief pitcher would be when your in a playoff game, and a groundskeeper is pissing you off for the entire game, you ask him to leave and he gets in yours face. id push him. id lose patience, id probably punch him in the face.

sounds like boston, employees, players, and fans need to grow up and quit being prissy bitches and sore LOSERS
  • Reply 29 of 210
    yes, and that Roger chant is just so effective.

Fenway should be condemned.
  • Reply 30 of 210
    i also suppose there was nothing wrong with pedro pointing to the bench and then to his temple and mouthing i hit you here over and over after hitting garcia.

class act.

get rid of the ****ing DH, im tired of this shit. and yes, that goes for clemens throwing at people too.

I want to see Pedro get one to the temple.
  • Reply 31 of 210
    how about this great quote from a red sox

Quote:

"I thought it was a fan, so I went, "All right, I want to watch them beat up the fan,' " Sauerbeck said. "Then I saw it was our grounds crew guy and we all felt kind of bad.

wow. what a guy. sure loves his boston fans.
  • Reply 32 of 210
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Pedro is a major league asshole. You can hate Clemens all you want but if you hate Clemens you have to hate Pedro more.

Why? When it comes to pitching inside they both have the same rep.
    Quote:

How about Garcia and Nelson beating the living shit out of that guy in the bullpen.

Two guys to one. Yeah, real impressive.
    Quote:

what was Pedro doing out of the dugout, walking towards the scene, taunting zimmer as he approached and yelling at him from the mound previously. also, was he really so threatened by a 70+ year old man walking at him that he grabbed him by the neck and threw him to the ground and then walked away and hid like a little baby?

Zimmer attacked Pedro first. Anyone can see that. Whatever Pedro does to defend himself in that situation isn't going to look good. But Zimmer's a 72 year old man. He's a little old to be acting up like that. And if Pedro was yelling at Zimmer from the mound, it's probably because Zimmer was yelling at Pedro from the dugout.
    Quote:

fastballs, especially from pedro, tail away. he threw at garcia. you don't miss like that, you don't miss high and behind the head. you just don't. especially in those circumstances after the yankees having just taken the lead. quit bullshitting. if clemens did that shit boston would flip.

The only reason it was behind the head is because Garcia ducked. If he's standing, it hits him in the shoulder. I think Pedro's pitch to Gracia got away from him but because of his rep he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.
    Quote:

the ball clemens threw was directly above posada's helmet. it's called a high fastball.

It was high and inside.
    Quote:

it was no where near ramirez who ducked into the ball. it was a pathetic scene when ramirez got pissed off at a pitch no where near him.

Yes, I think Manny overreacted but tensions are high you're facing a pitcher who has a rep for throwing at batters. Doesn't surprise me in the least that Manny reacted that way.
  • Reply 33 of 210
    Quote:

i also suppose there was nothing wrong with pedro pointing to the bench and then to his temple and mouthing i hit you here over and over after hitting garcia.

You don't know what Pedro said.
    Quote:

get rid of the ****ing DH, im tired of this shit.

I agree.
    Quote:

I want to see Pedro get one to the temple.

Class act.
  • Reply 34 of 210
    Quote:

Why? When it comes to pitching inside they both have the same rep.

hardly. pedro is very outspoken about hitting batters on purpose. have you not seen any interviews this year?

clemens on the other hand isn't. he may hit people on purpose but he never comes out and says he's going to hit someone such as pedro has done and also threatened tonight.

Quote:

Zimmer attacked Pedro first. Anyone can see that. Whatever Pedro does to defend himself in that situation isn't going to look good. But Zimmer's a 72 year old man. He's a little old to be acting up like that. And if Pedro was yelling at Zimmer from the mound, it's probably because Zimmer was yelling at Pedro from the dugout.

1. zimmer is an idiot

2. all pedro had to do was MOVE. i mean, did you see zimmer coming at him, if he had to make a direction shift on his own he would have fell on his ass.

Quote:

The only reason it was behind the head is because Garcia ducked. If he's standing, it hits him in the shoulder. I think Pedro's pitch to Gracia got away from him but because of his rep he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

if garcia is standing he's not batting. he was in the crouch. he ducked UNDER the ball. he's in the crouch it may hit him in the high shoulder or it may get him in the ear.

Quote:

It was high and inside.

COME ON....that was NOT inside. even the newspaper articles and ESPN articles are writing it as not being anywhere NEAR manny. posada had one that was closer than the one clemens threw to manny and he didnt complain.

Quote:

Yes, I think Manny overreacted but tensions are high you're facing a pitcher who has a rep for throwing at batters. Doesn't surprise me in the least that Manny reacted that way.

you're right. it doesn't suprise me either that MANNY reacted that way. he's pathetic. should get some pants that make him look like a ballplayer as well.

Quote:

You don't know what Pedro said.

read his lips. pretty clearly. he said it like 4 times while pointing at his head. not rocket science here.

Quote:

Class act.

it would be. glad you agree.
  • Reply 35 of 210
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Settle down, you two.
  • Reply 36 of 210
    Quote:

hardly. pedro is very outspoken about hitting batters on purpose. have you not seen any interviews this year? clemens on the other hand isn't. he may hit people on purpose but he never comes out and says he's going to hit someone such as pedro has done and also threatened tonight.

Again, you don't know what Pedro said.
    Quote:

1. zimmer is an idiot2. all pedro had to do was MOVE. i mean, did you see zimmer coming at him, if he had to make a direction shift on his own he would have fell on his ass.

Which wasn't much different from what happened except Pedro also pushed Zimmer away.
    Quote:

if garcia is standing he's not batting. he was in the crouch. he ducked UNDER the ball. he's in the crouch it may hit him in the high shoulder or it may get him in the ear.

He ducked and still got hit. There's no way it hits him in the ear.
    Quote:

COME ON....that was NOT inside. even the newspaper articles and ESPN articles are writing it as not being anywhere NEAR manny.

Come on yourself. A pitch doesn't have to be near Manny to be inside.
    Quote:

read his lips. pretty clearly. he said it like 4 times while pointing at his head. not rocket science here.

Rocket science? What are you talking about? You don't even know he wasn't speaking Spanish.
  • Reply 37 of 210
    Quote:

sounds like boston, employees, players, and fans need to grow up and quit being prissy bitches and sore LOSERS

This from the guy that said:

Quote:

ya know what fran, **** you.

So Boston fans are the ones that need to 'grow up' and quit being 'prissy bitches' and 'sore losers'? Did you have a little too much to drink or something last night?

Take some time off from this thread, please. Your team is up two games to one, and you're coming here acting like your guys just lost the series. I don't think I have *ever* seen a fan react this way to a win. You really have to calm down.

Quote:

id push him. id lose patience, id probably punch him in the face.

If you did that in front of a police officer, then you'd also get charged with assault and battery. Funny how those things work.
  • Reply 38 of 210
    Quote:

Again, you don't know what Pedro said.

yes, how many things could it be.

hmmmm....throwing at someone, brawling, guys screaming at him from the dugout..... hmm screaming back.... him repeatedly pointing and tapping his temple....

hmmm...im sure he was asking them to dinner later.....in spanish of course.

Quote:

Which wasn't much different from what happened except Pedro also pushed Zimmer away.

pedro pushed zimmer to the ground...... not away. i can understand pedro holding him off or pushing him away, but pedro grabbed him by the head and neck and threw him to the ground. he followed through and then walked away like nothing happened. fortunately for pedro no one on the field seemed to have seen it.

Quote:

Come on yourself. A pitch doesn't have to be near Manny to be inside.

would you care to explain how THAT ONE works?

Quote:

Take some time off from this thread, please. Your team is up two games to one, and you're coming here acting like your guys just lost the series. I don't think I have *ever* seen a fan react this way to a win. You really have to calm down.

aww. how your tone changes when someone doesnt just accept your bullshit.

Quote:

If you did that in front of a police officer, then you'd also get charged with assault and battery. Funny how those things work.

question....where is fenway security? where was this police officer at the beginning of the altercation?

I guess Fenway doesn't care about this stuff. This stuff would never even be possible at Yankee stadium.

and, oh yea, i believe the police officer who is stationed in the bullpen at Fenway park. Surely he will provide a clear and honest recitation of what happened.

and it also amuses me that you have no response to your own player saying if it was a fan than he'd like to watch. THAT's pathetic.
  • Reply 39 of 210
    listen, if a 70 year old man rushes you, there is no graceful way of defending yourself.

and the ball that ramirez was upset about was high, but actually appeared to be over the plate.

other than zimmer being foolish, i didn't see anything that made boston look good.

now the bullpen thing is another deal all together. are there no police stationed in the bullpens? i only saw the clip of this on espn. but it looks like some yanks may get to do some time, that was ugly. kicking/stomping someone being held down? UGLY.
  • Reply 40 of 210
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

listen, if a 70 year old man rushes you, there is no graceful way of defending yourself.

and the ball that ramirez was upset about was high, but actually appeared to be over the plate.

other than zimmer being foolish, i didn't see anything that made boston look good.

now the bullpen thing is another deal all together. are there no police stationed in the bullpens? i only saw the clip of this on espn. but it looks like some yanks may get to do some time, that was ugly. kicking/stomping someone being held down? UGLY.

agree with your first half entirely.

the second half i don't know.

as more details come out i guess we'll find out. from the initial video fox was showing it looked like 2 guys were in the bullpen fighting. now it's shown its just one. the guy was fairly large and built. he was dragged away screaming and trying to go back "for more". nelson is a short fuse guy, and just based on looks and yes, jumping to conclusions, the boston employee looks like someone who would have been a pain in the ass and stuck it in the players faces a couple time.

what happened after the tension got too high remains to be seen. the bullpen wall blocked footage of most of the details and you don't know what happened.

it's also odd that the only other eyewitness anyone is quoting is a police officer....who was stationed there and obviously didn't do his job. i find it hard to believe no one else including the fans saw this.

If Nelson is to blame, by all means file charges....... but I tend to believe the yankee side of the story that the guy got up in his face. and even if that DIDNT happen that way. I positively believe that he was asked to leave first and refused. at which point fenway security should have been involved.