Official MLB Championship Series Topic

Comments

• Reply 101 of 210
    i didn't realize the dodgers were in the playoffs......
  • Reply 102 of 210
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    No doubt. Why don't you take this stadium discussion into another thread? Quit filling this one with junk, please.
  • Reply 103 of 210
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Agree. It was Eugene who brought this Dodger/fans Stadium discussion from another thread.

Back on topic....I hope the Red Sox win tonight to set up a nice finale in NY....Little Psycho vs. Big Ol Psycho in a game 7? MMMMMM.

Sox vs. Cubs in the WS.
  • Reply 104 of 210
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Back on topic....I hope the Red Sox win tonight to set up a nice finale in NY....Little Psycho vs. Big Ol Psycho in a game 7? MMMMMM.

we wouldn't want that now, once pedro started to lose he'd start throwing at players heads and get murdered by 57,000 New Yorkers.
  • Reply 105 of 210
    Quote:

Agree. It was Eugene who brought this Dodger/fans Stadium discussion from another thread.

Sox vs. Cubs in the WS.

yanks are beating the sox 3-0 (2nd Inning) this AFTERNOON.

cubs play tonight, and if it stays as wet and raw as it is now, there is no amount of money that would get me in the box against prior.
  • Reply 106 of 210
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm working late tonight so a coworker can go home and watch the Cubs. I'm such a good guy!
  • Reply 107 of 210
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

we wouldn't want that now, once pedro started to lose he'd start throwing at players heads and get murdered by 57,000 New Yorkers.

And that would not be fun how ? jk
  • Reply 108 of 210
    Quote:

And that would not be fun how ? jk

never said it wouldnt be fun

This series is gonna be decided by Giambi or Nomar..... both of them have sucked this series and the entire playoffs. I just have a feeling one of them will break out and it'll be the deciding factor.

How about that super slow-mo camera fox has of the batters? It's pretty frickin cool.
  • Reply 109 of 210
    Quote:

never said it wouldnt be fun

This series is gonna be decided by Giambi or Nomar..... both of them have sucked this series and the entire playoffs. I just have a feeling one of them will break out and it'll be the deciding factor.

How about that super slow-mo camera fox has of the batters? It's pretty frickin cool.

I don;t know about that, but I feel sorry for Nomar. I mean, he's not even close. I think it's coming down to NY's pitching being effective and the Sox hitters not having a great post season.

Yeah, that cam is awesome. I have little to criticize about Fox's coverage, except for McCarver who is always trying to impress, and the extreme close-ups now popular everywhere. You'd think that Fox's creative department might've been tempted to overdo the graphics with those brand new dual G5s but so far they haven't.
  • Reply 110 of 210
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Tomorrow's game time depends on the Marlins/Cubs game tonight. If the Cubs wrap it up, the game is at 8 PM tomorrow night. If they don't, the game is at 4 PM.
  • Reply 111 of 210
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    McCarver and Buck are tolerable so long as they aren't calling postseason games with the Cardinals in them, but yes, I'd much rather listen to the ESPNRadio broadcast with Jon Miller and Joe Morgan.

My main problem with McCarver is his squeaky voice. He also tends to overanalyze everything. Buck is actually pretty good. He's even pretty good on FOX NFL broadcasts.
  • Reply 112 of 210
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

McCarver and Buck are tolerable so long as they aren't calling postseason games with the Cardinals in them, but yes, I'd much rather listen to the ESPNRadio broadcast with Jon Miller and Joe Morgan.

My main problem with McCarver is his squeaky voice. He also tends to overanalyze everything. Buck is actually pretty good. He's even pretty good on FOX NFL broadcasts.

at least mcCarver no longer repeats his over-analysis.

i remember one world series when a play at the plate was close because the throw from the outfield tailed away from the catcher enabling the runner to slide in safely, and he went on for ten minutes explaining that a right-handers throw tails this way (to the right) and a lefty the other, with replay after replay after replay. when fox got the series someone must have talked to him about it.

as for the cubs broadcast lyons still sucks, but leiter is just tremendous!

if the cubs win the pennant tonight it would allow them to open the series with wood and then prior on sunday.
  • Reply 113 of 210
    i'm posting like crazy today....and i just realized why, i am so freaking nervous! being a life long cub-fan pretty much precludes me from these emotions. the wait'll next year thing i got down pat, but this...jeez my heart is racing. i've been fatalistic up to now, but i can't fake it anymore.

how do yankee fans handle it?
  • Reply 114 of 210
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

how do yankee fans handle it?

alcohol....lots of it.

Why do the cubs/marlins get the primtetime spot preference? surely red sox/yankees would get better ratings.

• Reply 115 of 210
    Quote:

alcohol....lots of it.

Why do the cubs/marlins get the primtetime spot preference? surely red sox/yankees would get better ratings.

nope, cub/marlin games are killing in the ratings prime time to prime time.

i don't drink anymore, i'm a little less nervous now that a run is on the board.
  • Reply 116 of 210
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Quote:

Basically, their series could be could be clinched tonight. As a result, they get top billing for today.

As for tomorrow, they would get top billing again because their series would be at game 7 and someone *has* to clinch whereas it would only be game 6 in the ALCS.
  • Reply 117 of 210
    AHAhHAhhAhghafhjagjkadd. All because of that fan interference.
  • Reply 118 of 210
    maird
  • Reply 119 of 210
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I can't believe this.
  • Reply 120 of 210
    This is EXACTLY what Dusty did last year in Game 6 of the World Series.

Russ Ortiz breezing along on the mound in the late innings. He lets a couple of men on...next thing you know, out comes Dusty to pull him from the game. He hands Russ the game ball instead of taking it from him, but goes for Felix Rodriguez, a guy who throws lots of gas, just like Farnsworth. The next thing you know, they're headed to Game 7.

Dusty, Dusty, Dusty...