superbowl halftime show...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 135
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I stand corrected, he did NOT go for both breasty dumplings, just the one. Must've been wishful thinking on my part.
  • Reply 22 of 135
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, i skipped halftime. and this is what they want for shocking? um, lil' kim did it YEARS ago (though not at the super bowl), and i live in new orleans where, once a year, you almost get tired of seeing breasts.

shock, scandal! it's a breast folks. time to get our heads out of the 50's.

(now if we're talking about the business down int he basement, then you've got my attention... 8) )

p.s. that scraggily new "beard" justin is wearing makes him look a bit too much like a creepy old guy. i thought he was trying to appeal to young girls... not try to offer them candy.
  • Reply 23 of 135
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    You gotta be ****ing kidding me

Michael Powel (Colin's son), chair of the FCC, is apparently "outraged" at the thought of a partially exposed breast on television and is announcing an investigation.

• Reply 24 of 135
    he said it was classless and crass, and i can't disagree with him especially since it was a planned stunt.

guess who's appearing on the grammies sunday night on cbs?

janet & justin? coincidence? i think not. boffo ratings my friend.

if cbs was serious in their remorse they would kick them off the show.
  • Reply 25 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

he said it was classless and crass, and i can't disagree with him especially since it was a planned stunt.

Yes, and he's INVESTIGATING.
  • Reply 26 of 135
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Yes, and he's INVESTIGATING.

He wants all the pics! And videos too! And any close-ups if ya got 'em. Yeah...investigating, that's it.
  • Reply 27 of 135
    i've heard he's been studying the video tape alllllll morning.

if i was the NFL (i long to be an entity) i'd be super-pissed! here they have one of the best games ever in a superbowl, and what is everyone talking about this morning? a nipple!

i love america.
  • Reply 28 of 135
    Wuuuuaaaaaahahahahaha

the sky is falling... run for your life!

"R" rated material for all young innocent americans to see..

OMG OMG!!

.... i don't even know who've won that game (not a big football fan here)

f***** nuts....

Quote:

Our nation's children, parents and citizens deserve better.

- Michael Powell
  • Reply 29 of 135
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    it was so far away I thought she had a metal pastie on.

Didn't little Kim show up at the MTV awards practically the same way?

I just thought the whole halftime show was boring and embarassing.

From the Clockwork Orange Janet motif... to the "why is P. Diddy even there"? To the Kid Rock cut flag poncho... burning a flag is a no no but Kid can cut one up and wear it as a poncho while screaming blah blah I'm a patriot.

I was just shocked at how baaaad it all was.

And the breast stunt... I was like HUH? why?

So we can talk about it for days?

didn't madonna do this stuff 10 years ago?

I got more important things to worry about than one right breast of a pop singer. as if it even matters.
  • Reply 30 of 135
    That's another thing... why should it even be "R-rated" material to begin with? Gah.
  • Reply 31 of 135
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Only two words accurately describe the Super Bowl half-time show anymore... UTTER DISGRACE.

I'm sorry but every year it gets worse and in all the predictable ways. Nelly walking around with his johnson in his hand the whole time, was almost as bad as Janet and Justin's "mistake". Mistake my ass. 100% planned pure and simple... and this

Quote:

shortly after the performance, MTV released a statement: "The tearing of Janet Jackson's costume was unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance. MTV regrets this incident occurred, and we apologize to anyone who was offended by it."

from MTV afterwards shows what a slyme-bag, classless network they've become. Oh yah. I believe that... they had no clue something like that was going to happen. Assurances about the content of the performance my arse... they were the ones running it! Those poor victims in the MTV production trailer. I feel so bad for them. No really. They worked so hard on such an outstanding production (and obviously took so many precautions to make it a classy one) and now look: Jason and Janet ruined it all with a piercing pasty gag!

Jerkwads... every last one of them.
  • Reply 32 of 135
    Quote:

That's another thing... why should it even be "R-rated" material to begin with? Gah.

Probably because it was Right one ...
  • Reply 33 of 135
    Yeah seriously. There has only been one good halftime show ever...U2's performance in 2002. And guess what? The FCC is investigating Bono too! This time for saying "****ing brilliant" at some awards show.
  • Reply 34 of 135
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    All acronymic agencies must die.
  • Reply 35 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

All acronymic agencies must die.

Including M-T-V.
  • Reply 36 of 135
    sunreinsunrein Posts: 138member
    Quote:

You gotta be ****ing kidding me

Michael Powel (Colin's son), chair of the FCC, is apparently "outraged" at the thought of a partially exposed breast on television and is announcing an investigation.

Have a look at the link at the bottom of the page.

Janet's bare breast sparks probe

Hee hee, I'll bet it sparked quite a few probes. Man, you just can't make that kind of stuff up.
  • Reply 37 of 135
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Including M-T-V.

when the ads for MTV2 came out with the "where the music's at" tag line, i thought to myself, "well, at least they're finally admitting to the fact that MTV hasn't had any MUSIC on it for forever (and don't you dare give me that TRL bullsh!t).
  • Reply 38 of 135
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

I'd say it was obviously planned.... unless Janet always wears strange metal ornaments on her tits.

Judging by that close-up that badtz posted, it looks like she's got her nipple pierced. Maybe she does always wear strange metal ornaments on her tits.

I'll buy CBS's story that they didn't know it was going to happen. I'm not sure if I believe MTV. I don't buy Justin's "wardrobe malfunction" plea. It looked very purposeful to me (I'm sure by now he does regret it though).
  • Reply 39 of 135
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Why should we even give a damn...

Come on already. This is getting ridiculous, and nipple, a tit, whatever. It is a human body part, and dancing is dancing, regardless of how lewd some ultra-conservative may think into it, thus admitting their own thought process.

Football is a sport where one can read the f-word off the lips of ALL coaches and players. Cheerleaders bouncing around in their skin-tight outfits. Beer drinking, wife beating, looting and plundering the victorious team's city, and we are concerned with a nipple. Violence good, and brief nudity horribly and regretfully wrong...Give me a break! Really. Those of us who are Americans should be concerned with what the government is trying to tell our kids what is good and bad. We too often give up our rights too easily and fail to look at the political game with an eye of discontentment.

I am at a loss for any further comment. But, I would rather have attention directed to those that are dying in poverty, or inner-cities, or overseas, than to worry about a nipple during the superbowl halftime show.
  • Reply 40 of 135
    It's not the tit that bothers me, it's the disingenuous bullcrap from people like Timberlake and MTV when they say it was completely unintentional. I mean for God's sake, look at the rest of the show and all the jestures and words and the rest. The whole thing is a smut-fest. It's not like we had a normal singing performance and then all of a sudden there was a metal tit in our face.

Hell, she could run around naked for all I care, but at least own up to what you're doing. It would be like Madonna and whats-her-face saying their kiss was an accident / completely spontaneous. I mean, look at Jackson's leather outfit close up. There is not a single loose thread or tear or anything else that indicates that her boulder holder wasn't mean to come off. The costume was *designed* that way, quite obviously.

So now, do we believe that Janet and Justin and MTV had no notion this was going to happen, even though before the event they claimed to keep an eye out for something unusual? It's just so obvious. I know all the screaming idiots that worship these losers are at least partially retarded, but do they really think the rest of us can't see through their excuses like a pice of Saran Wrap?