superbowl halftime show...

Comments

• Reply 101 of 135
    psssst.

The point wasn't the showing of THE BOOB, but all that commotion it created...
  • Reply 102 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

um, you CAN show boobs on television.

i think boobs in the middle of the superbowl, without any kind of warning beforehand, sorta violates any rule like that.
  • Reply 103 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i think boobs in the middle of the superbowl, without any kind of warning beforehand, sorta violates any rule like that.

well there you go, it was inappropriate at that time and place.

scott commented that you can't show breasts on television, and my comment was directed to him.
  • Reply 104 of 135
    what makes it funnier, these rules (warnings and all) do not apply to cable tv..

I was watching techTV and they showed it again and again and again....

IMAGINE THE YOUNG VIEWERS AROUND THE WORLD !!!!

pure evil.

*warning what i'm about to say may offend some readers*

all this is one monumental waste of fvcking time,

let it go now.... it's ok...
  • Reply 105 of 135
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Obviously, I'm late to the game. Speaking of that? how did it go? Was there a game at all? There's so much shit going on about a breast, that I'm not sure if there ever was a game.

I discussed this today with colleagues at work. We all agreed that the US is just to damn prude. End of story. Move to another country.

Do you think children have never seen a breast? Gosh.

I'll let it go. 8)
  • Reply 106 of 135
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Prude or not we all have to live together and I don't think the people that don't want to see boobs in the middle of a football game are asking too much. It's a reasonable request.
  • Reply 107 of 135
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Breasts are rather innocuous in themselves. If it were presented as anything other than trash, things would be different. The dumb sentiment of MTV "shock" value (it's not really so shockiing, is it?) is what's offensive. That this was designed to be *such* a headliner is revolting. Blame MTV, CBS, Janet, Justin, the NFL, and the rest of the media for being what they are -- an insult to any half-witted mongoloid's intelligence and taste.
  • Reply 108 of 135
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

You gotta be ****ing kidding me

Michael Powel (Colin's son), chair of the FCC, is apparently "outraged" at the thought of a partially exposed breast on television and is announcing an investigation.

Maybe he thinks Janet Jacksons nipple classifies as Weapons of Mass Destruction?
  • Reply 109 of 135
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I'm just offended at the shit that passes as "talent" these days.
  • Reply 110 of 135
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KANE

Maybe he thinks Janet Jacksons nipple classifies as Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Weapon of mass distruction... nope

Weapon of mass... maybe

//Ebby made a funny 8)
  • Reply 111 of 135
    A conservative radio talk station in Houston is launching a national campaign against MTV and immorality.

From their website:

STAND UP AND FIGHT BACK AGAINST MTV...LET'S TURN OFF MTV IN HOUSTON....JUST TAKE YOUR REMOTE AND GO TO DELETE CHANNELS....DELETE MTV AND CHANGE THE PASSWORD SO YOUR KIDS CAN'T WATCH....STAND UP TO YOUR KIDS...THEY WON'T BE HAPPY,BUT YOU MUST HOLD FIRM.... DO YOU WANT YOUR SONS AND ESPECIALLY YOUR DAUGHTERS EXPOSED TO THIS CONSTANT BARRAGE OF ATTACKS ON YOUR VALUES........THEN SCROLL BELOW AND CONTACT THE NFL AND CBS....ALSO CONTACT YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND SENATOR AND DEMAND THAT THE FCC GET TOUGH WITH THOSE WHO WANT TO COME INTO YOUR HOME AND DESTROY YOUR FAMILY VALUES

http://www.ksevradio.com/
  • Reply 112 of 135
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Well, I'm with most in that I think the most repugnant and offensive thing about all of this is the fact people can't own up to the fact is was planned.

On the other hand, I'm equally offended that it's been made into such a big deal. I mean, really people, It's just a friggin breast. Get that cross out of your ass and start focusing a bit further than the tip of your nose.

The sooner we rid America of these puritan 'do what I say, not what I do' imbeciles the better.

I don't think I'm asking too much.
  • Reply 113 of 135
    Quote:

On the other hand, I'm equally offended that it's been made into such a big deal. I mean, really people, It's just a friggin breast

I think it has been made into such a big deal because 1) the FCC has received tens of thousands of complaints, and 2) the FCC has been perceived as lax in their enforcement and this is the event to make an example of.

Historically, the FCC has been reluctant to fine the networks, just see the latest Bono incident where he got a pass for saying the f-word on live t.v.

It's not that it's a big deal seeing a breast on t.v., but seeing a breast during dinner hour across half of America can make it so.
  • Reply 114 of 135
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    OMFG, I know what it is!

OMG LOOK

(capped the from the DVD with Snapz Pro X 2.0)
  • Reply 115 of 135
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Geek.
  • Reply 116 of 135
    Hey i will be going out soon to burn all the remaining witches in our village, is someone wants to join me you're more than welcome...

Eugene, that is copyrighted material, RIAA, and FBI will launch a through investigation, and you can be fined or spend the rest of your life in prison...

And you know what i think happened... n sync boy knew what was happening and he tried to save human race from that thing, he tried to grab it and throw it away, unfortunately, due to wardrobe malfunction he couldn't get a firm grip.

we're doomed
  • Reply 117 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

As for being outraged over a nipple, as some seem to think is the issue here, you're all way off the mark on that too. No one is saying "OMG, nipples should *never* be shown on TV!" We're saying the whole thing was one big lame-ass stunt, and the people who purpotraited it can't even own up to it.

The thing I think is sad is you would think that Janet, in light of the media circus going on with her brother, would have maybe thought a little bit harder about what she was doing. She had a prime opportunity to come out and perform and present herself and a normal, "respectable" Jackson and maybe try and distance herself from the mockery that her brother has become, but yet she comes out and does what she does. There's a difference between pushing the boundaries and coming off as an idiot.

While the Beavis & Butthead part of me says "yeah yeah... boobs on TV!!!," another part wonders what happened to morals...

mho
  • Reply 118 of 135
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Don't get all crazy... MTV has been screwing up this country for YEARS. This is nothing new. <nausea>
  • Reply 119 of 135
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Don't get all crazy... MTV has been screwing up this country for YEARS. This is nothing new. <nausea>

If MTV isn't what people craved, it wouldn't exist in this form today. Deal with it.
  • Reply 120 of 135
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

If MTV isn't what people craved, it wouldn't exist in this form today. Deal with it.

Like Heroin?

(don't get me wrong, making drugs illegal makes about the same sense it did during prohibition.)