Apple Hypes MWSF 2002

Comments

• Reply 1201 of 1761
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Well, Future Weather effects the ability of many to see Future Hardware tomorrow.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly. Lots of snow --&gt; i see keynote. Not much snow --&gt; I miss keynote.
  • Reply 1201 of 1761
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Someone asked me to relay this message as a post on AI:

[quote]I can't get registration for appleinsider working right.. but can you post

something about amd's dip in ppc like 2 years ago, when they planned to make

amd one of their chipmakers? maybe amd ppcs' are pretty high up there, and

they're usin' it.. making it real cool!!!!!<hr></blockquote>

Hope AI's mail server is fixed soon.
  • Reply 1203 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by Anders:

<strong>Yes this thread is something. Perhaps already the longest in AI history and then in so few days.

BUT the <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000509&p="; target="_blank">OH GOD!!!!! [iWalk]</a> takes the prize for me.

But the best thread ever (not the longest, but best) was one entiteld (best memory-based guess):

Why did Bill Gates visit Steve Jobs today at or around 1:00 pm?

With the first reply being:

For a quickie?

Priceless.

Someone declared it "Post of the year" and I have to agree.

Untill this insanely large thread gets a super-witty response like that, it won't come close, in my eyes, to being truly great.
  • Reply 1204 of 1761
    20 hours to go. And we're talking about snow. If I were still in school, i'd have to ditch. I was a good kid, but this isn't something i could miss.

Ciao,

Talon :cool:
  • Reply 1205 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by TalonGold:

<strong>...talking about snow... ...If I were still in school, i'd have to ditch.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have to agree.

I'm so thankful that I work at a small ad agency where my boss is a huge mac fan too...

We just shut the shop down for days like tomorrow.

Open the bar and gather around the LCD.
  • Reply 1206 of 1761
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Anyone wondering where the Moto Mole that reported to MOSR and TheRegister is? Either he was full of it, or he's scared he might get caught and lose his job.

Wish he'd email one last message tonight on the fabbing progress of the G5
  • Reply 1207 of 1761
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights:

<strong>

7 in = 17.5 cm

Did you notice what 10 cm did in Athens (uh, the one not in Georgia) the other day?

At least it's not Buffalo, NY. I noticed that they got something like 24 inches in 24 hours. What's cool is, that's not even close to their record.

I'll just be happy with the blizzard of gadgets Steve throws at us. Or else I'm jumping over to the <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000661"; target="_blank">Boo Steve and the Segway He Rode On thread.</a> One or the other.</strong><hr></blockquote>

We had around 10-12 inches of snow around New Year's (not in one day) and that was nothing to get worried about.

It's not that we're used to that much snow here in Denmark - we have perhaps about 3 weeks with snow in total during a winter season, and the snow we got between December 20 and December 31 is now gone.

And now over to sports?

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: JLL ]</p>
  • Reply 1208 of 1761
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>Anyone wondering where the Moto Mole that reported to MOSR and TheRegister is? Either he was full of it, or he's scared he might get caught and lose his job.

Wish he'd email one last message tonight on the fabbing progress of the G5 </strong><hr></blockquote>

Seems a lot of 'insiders' have gone by the way-side... DorsalM and Codename haven't posted in quite a while (for net time at any rate) Kormac is still posting away but that's about it... Maybe the letter from Steve (as per Think Secret) scared em... But then again Dorsal claims to not work for Apple in the first place... Dunno...

Dave
  • Reply 1209 of 1761
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by BerberCarpet:

<strong>

But the best thread ever (not the longest, but best) was one entiteld (best memory-based guess):

For a quickie?

ROTFLMAO!! That is priceless
  • Reply 1210 of 1761

<strong>

For a quickie?

Priceless.

Someone declared it "Post of the year" and I have to agree.

Untill this insanely large thread gets a super-witty response like that, it won't come close, in my eyes, to being truly great.</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL, when was that?
  • Reply 1211 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

LOL, when was that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I just don't remember when... but then, all the archives are gone, right?

In anycase, apparantly they get together to play chess every once in awhile or something.
  • Reply 1212 of 1761
    .......just thought this thread could use some help :o
  • Reply 1213 of 1761
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Codename aka Power Mac G4 isn't an insider.
  • Reply 1214 of 1761

<strong>

I just don't remember when... but then, all the archives are gone, right?

In anycase, apparantly they get together to play chess every once in awhile or something.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well some people have some archives.
  • Reply 1215 of 1761
    olli_golli_g Posts: 64member

<strong>In anycase, apparantly they get together to play chess every once in awhile or something.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cool synonym. The next time I'm on a party, I'ma go to a chick and ask her if she want's to play chess with me.

That's the real meaning of "to check out girls.
  • Reply 1215 of 1761
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Codename aka Power Mac G4 isn't an insider.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Bingo!

• Reply 1215 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by koldolme:

<strong>.......just thought this thread could use some help :o </strong><hr></blockquote>

Whaaa? This thread is the best ever! Thanks Fran441!
  • Reply 1218 of 1761
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Buffalo, NY got over 7 feet of snow (that's about 2.1 meters for the the metrically blessed) in a period of 3 days. :eek: If anyone is watching the weather channel -- you're sick. No, if you're looking at the precipitation map for the northeast US, see that light green rainy area next to gray light snow area? I'm about 3-5 pixels into light green. I can't help but think of Catch 22 when everyone as staring at that map with the battle line drawn on it. They had to make a bombing run to move the line. So Yossarian discreetly moved the line in the middle of the night, and they didn't have to make the bombing run -- they moved the line after all. That's where I am right now.

Unfortunately, I have a big deadline this Friday, so come hell, high water or blizzard, I have to be at work. What's even worse is that the deadline will distract me from my rumor-mongering duties. Uh, I mean, the Apple rumors will distract me from my big deadline -- yeah, that's it.

I have to get up early so I look good for the bosses. Oh, great, now I am worrying about work. What's worse is that they just upgraded all machines to Win2k (just in time for 2002) and the three top-end machines that used to run NT are not accepting change gracefully. I'm working on one of them. People joke about blue screens and how now Apple has bluescreens on OS X, but this is bad. Every log-in, no matter the user and it goes *boom* almost instantly.

Ok, I've done my part...
  • Reply 1219 of 1761
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    Must Post... Must.... Reply.......

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

Was that OK for a serious, post that will help with our goal of a 97 TeraHz G7?

Dave
  • Reply 1220 of 1761
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    justmy two cents