10.3.3 is officially out - anyone install it yet?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 159
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Yeah, he was really crying about it, wasn't he.

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? I'm just saying that if he dares being pissed at Apple because his favorite hack doesn't work, he won't get any sympathy from me.

Although he seems to be getting a lot from you.
  • Reply 42 of 159
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? I'm just saying that if he dares being pissed at Apple because his favorite hack doesn't work, he won't get any sympathy from me.

Although he seems to be getting a lot from you.

Did you even read what I said? Where did I get pissed at Apple? When did I start crying? Maybe it's time for you to pull your head out of your ass for a moment and read the ****ing post next time.
  • Reply 43 of 159
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    OK guys. Time out. I sense some rising hostility here. I'm sure people who risk hacking their systems know the conquences, and the only thing that goes on corn flakes is milk, or simetimes fruit/berries.

There, back on topic now.
  • Reply 44 of 159
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Did you even read what I said? Where did I get pissed at Apple? When did I start crying? Maybe it's time for you to pull your head out of your ass for a moment and read the ****ing post next time.

Now, now...no need to get mad.

Here's a valid complaint though:

10.3.3 froze (first time I've gotten a freeze in 10.3) when running an OpenGL screensaver.
  • Reply 45 of 159
    Ebby summed it up well. I'm going to back up his statement as gospel and add: Clean it the **** up or heads are going to roll.

Thanks
  • Reply 46 of 159
    I just downloaded 10.3.3 on my TiBook 867. Everything seems to work OK. I opened applications, include a few classic ones, tried IE and Safari, printed a page, put it to sleep and then woke it up and everything worked fine.

One note of disappointment, on startup10.3.3 took even longer to load than 10.3.2, at least by 30 seconds. Hopefully subsequent reboot will be faster.

I'm now downloading it on my G4 Dual 450.

This is really weird for me, as I'm never an early adopter. I guess I can blame it one reading AI and catching the bug.
  • Reply 47 of 159
    mcsjgsmcsjgs Posts: 244member
    I am impressed with how much Apple has changed with the 10.3.3 update. If you go to System Profiler>Software>Extensions and do a date search, you will see that well over half of all the Apple extensions have been modified and now carry a March 2004 date. Very impressive.
  • Reply 48 of 159
    Again, no problems downloading and installing 10.3.3 on my G4 Dual 450. The boot time on this machine seems the same on 10.3.3 as 10.3.2, not longer as on my TiBook.
  • Reply 49 of 159
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Well I'll be...

Plugged in a USB cable to my two-year old MGE Ellipse UPS, and it was recognized.

The software provided with it was OS 9--only (though I do see an OSX version that I wasn't aware of), so this is a nice perk (and having the battery icon in my menu bar for giggles).
  • Reply 50 of 159
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

I am about to just go for it and install it anyone have any problems?

Yes I have. It can't find internet to download even im talking to you now. Thanks.
  • Reply 51 of 159
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    I don't know what they changed but, subjectively, Halo (1.0.4.1) seems to run at the same speed with pixel shaders as it used to with just vertex shaders. This is on a dual g5 2.0 with 4Gb and a 9800.
  • Reply 52 of 159
    10.3.3 has broken network aliases! I connect to folders on a 'server' computer (running personal file sharing) in my office. I have a few aliases on my machine which automatically connect me to those folders over my ethernet network (or remotely over the internet). They no longer work. I get a dialog box that reads, "The alias 'Blah blah' could not be opened, because the original item could not be found."

I tried connecting manually thru the Go menu->Connect to Server (which connects okay) and remaking my aliases, unmounting the server, and when I try to reconnect with the alias.... same dialog comes up that the item could not be found. This worked perfectly from 10.0 thru 10.3.2 ( actually this has worked since Mac OS 7.0!). What's up?

Any ideas on something new to try/enable/change in 10.3.3 to make this work again?
  • Reply 53 of 159
    zodiaczodiac Posts: 138member
    YAY! 10.3.3! Too bad my mac isn't here. I still have to wait a whole week to get it.
  • Reply 54 of 159
    eds66eds66 Posts: 119member
    Browsing Windows shares is a joy now.
  • Reply 55 of 159
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    It's easy to make Safari Aqua again just open interface builder, go to the english lproj in Safari then in Window click the "Textured" checkbox. Requires dev tools. Which I'm going to install again someday....if the server is ever up to the task, the download always stalls out from Apple.

Alcimedes your capacity took a nose dive. It looks like it killed your battery! Have your times dropped significantly or was it previously not reporting right and now is corrected?
  • Reply 56 of 159
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    So SMB works again EDS666? I was going to take the leap but then I got the jitters...think i'll sleep on it.
  • Reply 57 of 159
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    I can confirm that aliases to items over the network don't work. If the volume is mounted, the alias works.

I also find that on my machine at home, Safari is taking a long time (I can hear the hard drive churning away) to render the pages in these forums, and sometimes the links (like "next page") do nothing.
  • Reply 58 of 159
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hmmm. My RS-1500 UPS doesn't even have a USB port, which is maybe why my system isn't sensing the thing's presence (although my G5 IS plugged into the protected electrical terminals of the UPS). It has a "data" port, but that's for ethernet devices I think.
  • Reply 59 of 159
    666666 Posts: 134member
    The apple site says that there are updates to the Disk Utility, can anyone elaborate on this?
  • Reply 60 of 159
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Anyone notice the animation when you drag a file into a folder? I don't remember that before.