Hamas's Spiritual Leader / Founder Killed.

Comments

• Reply 121 of 205
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

See, I knew you were baiting me into something.

The attack on the pentagon was not, a terrorist attack IMO. It was an act of war. (...)

Well, had it been merely a bomb or a missile, sure. But unfortunately it was a plane full of civilians. That equals terrorism.
  • Reply 122 of 205
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

The attack on the pentagon was not, a terrorist attack IMO.

Well, according to NaplesX, you are wrong. They used a hijacked plane full of civilians.

But this is good, because I'll remember to point this discussion out if you ever say that the attacks on US troops in Iraq are terrorist attacks.
  • Reply 123 of 205
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Well, had it been merely a bomb or a missile, sure. But unfortunately it was a plane full of civilians. That equals terrorism.

Right
  • Reply 124 of 205
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

*IT* ended the war because the leaders of Japan suddenly realized they were dealing with a nation that was, by all humanitarian accounts and unspoken rules of fair warplay, insane. Atomizing tens of thousands of people? Um, yeah, that's fair. War is hell, but the US proved itself to be Satan.

Hate the US much?

You need to read up on that whole thing, it is well documented from many sources. Take your hate somewhere else.
  • Reply 125 of 205
    Quote:

The attack on the pentagon was not, a terrorist attack IMO.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Right

So which is it?
  • Reply 126 of 205
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Well, according to NaplesX, you are wrong. They used a hijacked plane full of civilians.

But this is good, because I'll remember to point this discussion out if you ever say that the attacks on US troops in Iraq are terrorist attacks.

What attack on us troops are you talking about?

The people that were attacking the troops there are now attacking their own countrymen and fellow muslims, they are terrorists.

Are you going to defend their actions?
  • Reply 127 of 205
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton a long time ago

Ehud Barak was elected as Israeli Prime Minister on May 17, 1999.

What followed was a 16 month reign of peace and negotiation.

And I remember Barak offering the kitchen sink to Arafat only to be turned down. Such a shame.

Quote:

Originally posted by 709

*IT* ended the war because the leaders of Japan suddenly realized they were dealing with a nation that was, by all humanitarian accounts and unspoken rules of fair warplay, insane. Atomizing tens of thousands of people? Um, yeah, that's fair. War is hell, but the US proved itself to be Satan.

Satan vs. Satan. Satan wins. Unspoken rules of fair warplay...Japan is ever so guilty of not adhering to those. See Shanghai, Nanjing, Pearl Harbor, POWs, etc.

I wonder if Japan had the atom bomb at the time, would they have used it on Pearl Harbor? I think they probably would have.
  • Reply 128 of 205
    Quote:

So which is it?

It was a terrorist attack. Come on, man. I made that clear.

edit: I realize that I neglected to mention the plane and the civilians, but an attack on the pentagon, in itself would be an act of war.
  • Reply 129 of 205
    Quote:

The people that were attacking the troops there are now attacking their own countrymen and fellow muslims, they are terrorists.

Wow. You should share your sources with the pentagon.
  • Reply 130 of 205
    Quote:

Wow. You should share your sources with the pentagon.

Ok:

Attn: Pentagon.

All the news networks are showing attacks now focusing on civilians.

Please forward to all personnel.
  • Reply 131 of 205
    But you don't know what groups are attacking what in Iraq. There are a bunch of groups attacking various targets for various reasons. So you are claiming to have knowledge you simply don't have.

The fact is that according to the definition as you've laid out, there have been terror attacks. But that certainly doesn't mean any of the attacks on US troops are executed by the same groups, nor does it make the attacks on troops or political figures (with 'collateral damage') terrorist attacks, according to your definition.

Not only that, some of the civilian deaths have been the result of attempted attacks on military targets or political figures, which you've specifically designated as accidents that do not count as terror attacks.
  • Reply 132 of 205
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

And I remember Barak offering the kitchen sink to Arafat only to be turned down. Such a shame.

Please support this because I think you're approximately 100% wrong. I hope I'm wrong, but I think you are.
  • Reply 133 of 205
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

...but an attack on the pentagon, in itself would be an act of war.

I have to agree with this statement.
  • Reply 134 of 205
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Please support this because I think you're approximately 100% wrong. I hope I'm wrong, but I think you are.

There was an offer of roughly 98% of the land the Palestinians wanted but the 2% that was left out was a dealbreaker to them. They offered them everything BUT the land they REALLY REALLY wanted. I have a feeling it was just a PR move.
  • Reply 135 of 205
    Quote:

But you don't know what groups are attacking what in Iraq. There are a bunch of groups attacking various targets for various reasons. So you are claiming to have knowledge you simply don't have.

The fact is that according to the definition as you've laid out, there have been terror attacks. But that certainly doesn't mean any of the attacks on US troops are executed by the same groups, nor does it make the attacks on troops or political figures (with 'collateral damage') terrorist attacks, according to your definition.

Not only that, some of the civilian deaths have been the result of attempted attacks on military targets or political figures, which you've specifically designated as accidents that do not count as terror attacks.

I love your twisting it is very entertaining.

Who are the entities that are attacking the troops, civilians?

If we are to believe the Pentagon, and I do, these are former SH loyalists, terrorists out-of-towners on vacation, and a handful of insurgents. They may or may not be working together to one extent or another. If there is any cooperation then they are all terrorists. If former loyalists are shooting at troops then they are just waging war with our troops. Either way they will be killed or captured.

Why do you have to complicate the whole thing? What are you digging for?
  • Reply 136 of 205
    demanondemanon Posts: 54member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

One hint: they weren't Muslim.

And you would know because.. ?
  • Reply 137 of 205
    Quote:

Google the terms "Irgun" and "Stern" and the word "terrorism".

Ok. Give me a date.
  • Reply 138 of 205
    Quote:

See above re: Irgun

As for Stern, check here.

Now who invented terrorism, then?

A couple of places you might want to check out:

1/ http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/

2/ http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_ar...41&x_context=2

Hope that helps with your general ignorance on this issue..
  • Reply 139 of 205
    The sources are referenced. And if tonton really took the time to research the revisionist arab propaganda that he tired to push here, he would know where the truth lies. Sorry tonton. Those are the facts.
  • Reply 140 of 205
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeManON

The sources are referenced. And if tonton really took the time to research the revisionist arab propaganda that he tired to push here, he would know where the truth lies. Sorry tonton. Those are the facts.

Hi Mika!