the unofficial college football thread

Comments

• Reply 21 of 232
    ***sings LSU fight song in head***
  • Reply 22 of 232
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Fight on for ol' SC... We'll fight on to victory.

Applenut: Cal better watch out. I have a feeling USC will be out for blood this season.
  • Reply 23 of 232
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Hokie Hokie Hokie high!

Tech Tech VPI!

Up by 20!

Lose by 10!

Will we ever win again?!
  • Reply 24 of 232
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cooop

Fight on for ol' SC... We'll fight on to victory.

Applenut: Cal better watch out. I have a feeling USC will be out for blood this season.

you ignore one thing.

we have nothing to lose.
  • Reply 25 of 232
    the wait is fricking unbearable. just 10 more days to go. i catch myself cruising the various fan boards out there way to much just to get just whiff of excitement that's building. i even stumbled upon a few post by our favorite rat on hornfans.com.
  • Reply 26 of 232
    just watched the sc v-tech game and i must say that i was not all that impressed with usc. a very young and inexperienced tech team was pretty much able to dictate the pace of the game for three quarters. turn around a very questionable offensive interference call against tech, and this could have easily been an upset. randal (sp) is going to be a stud, he's going to give teams fits. leinart looked pretty good and did what needed to be done, but aside from bush, they had no consistency in there game from what i saw. if they continue to play at this level all year, they will not make to the big game. the loss of mike williams is bigger than pete carol and the trojans would like to admit, me thinks.
  • Reply 27 of 232
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

just watched the sc v-tech game and i must say that i was not all that impressed with usc. a very young and inexperienced tech team was pretty much able to dictate the pace of the game for three quarters. turn around a very questionable offensive interference call against tech, and this could have easily been an upset. randal (sp) is going to be a stud, he's going to give teams fits. leinart looked pretty good and did what needed to be done, but aside from bush, they had no consistency in there game from what i saw. if they continue to play at this level all year, they will not make to the big game. the loss of mike williams is bigger than pete carol and the trojans would like to admit, me thinks.

***sings LSU fight song in head***

• Reply 28 of 232
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

i even stumbled upon a few post by our favorite rat on hornfans.com.

There are 1688 of them to stumble across.

OU SUCKS
  • Reply 29 of 232
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

There are 1688 of them to stumble across.

OU SUCKS

we can suck all the way to the orange bowl for all i care.

what's the word on the horns these days? how are your young receivers coming along? to bad about shippley, he looks like he's going to be something special.
  • Reply 30 of 232
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    It sucks ass about Shipley. He was a good player, very disciplined in his routes. A college freshman version of Keyshawn Johnson without the mouth or height.

We've got Tony Jeffery on one end and Brian Carter on the other, they are both juniors, the younger guys are in the background for now.

Jeffery has played a lot already and Carter has some, but we haven't seen him because we happened to have been blessed with ridiculous WR talent for the last 4 years. He's good, probably the fastest of the WR.

OU will suck all the way to a BCS bowl, but OU still sucks.
  • Reply 31 of 232
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I feel bad for the Oregon State kicker.

Two doinks and the XP in overtime.

J
  • Reply 32 of 232
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Cal kicked ass.

Nice way to start the season
  • Reply 33 of 232
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

I feel bad for the Oregon State kicker.

Two doinks and the XP in overtime.

J

no shit. LSU received a gift from the gods that day. they did not deserve that win.
  • Reply 34 of 232
    Where's the Washington St. Cougars?
  • Reply 35 of 232
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

Where's the Washington St. Cougars?

Pullman, I assume?

J
  • Reply 36 of 232
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

no shit. LSU received a gift from the gods that day. they did not deserve that win.

hopefully they found their quarterback though. I do feel bad for that kicker...thats the sort of shit you spend the rest of your life living down. "How could I have missed the kick to beat the defending national champions when I was a freshman...all 3 times?!!" poor guy.
  • Reply 37 of 232
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

hopefully they found their quarterback though. I do feel bad for that kicker...thats the sort of shit you spend the rest of your life living down. "How could I have missed the kick to beat the defending national champions when I was a freshman...all 3 times?!!" poor guy.

Co-national champions, as it were.
  • Reply 38 of 232
    Quote:

Originally posted by cooop

Co-national champions, as it were.

If the tool used to determine who plays who is the BCS then its National Champions not Co-national Champions...thats just a crutch for the 2nd place team.
  • Reply 39 of 232
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Cal kicked ass.

Nice way to start the season

2nd half was great!

Excited about Saturday...
  • Reply 40 of 232
    CSU was OWNED!!! Oh Yeahhh </Duffman>