Last Minute Predictions

Comments

• Reply 61 of 131
    tak1108tak1108 Posts: 222member
    I predict that at least Half of AI will be disapointed.
  • Reply 62 of 131
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tak1108

I predict that at least Half of AI will be disapointed.

That is the most reliable prediction I've seen yet
  • Reply 63 of 131
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

I honestly didn't understand a word of this.

LOL.....I was going to say the same thing. But I felt it'd be too gauche of me to say it...imagine!
  • Reply 64 of 131
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    how about a digital camera with a 60Gb drive?
  • Reply 65 of 131
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by philbot

or an mpeg 4 video camera that can double as isight for easy import to imovie and idvd....
  • Reply 66 of 131
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    could this be the new iPod?

New iPod!!!

• Reply 67 of 131
    Quote:

Originally posted by philbot

Depends...

For a consumer, digital STILL camera, it seems that the 6GB 1" drive might be a better option. That is like TWENTY-FOUR of the largest memory sticks!

For a DV camera...60GB seems like a decent option. From what I can find it seems that DV video takes about 1GB to store 5 minutes of video. So a 60GB hd would store like 300 minutes! That's about FIVE Mini DV tapes.

Now, of course, you need to download it and erase the drive to do any more...but technically it is feasible.
  • Reply 68 of 131
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Depends...

For a consumer, digital STILL camera, it seems that the 6GB 1" drive might be a better option. That is like TWENTY-FOUR of the largest memory sticks!

For a DV camera...60GB seems like a decent option. From what I can find it seems that DV video takes about 1GB to store 5 minutes of video. So a 60GB hd would store like 300 minutes! That's about FIVE Mini DV tapes.

Now, of course, you need to download it and erase the drive to do any more...but technically it is feasible.

isn't the new QT scaleable? so, you could have a video camera that can store up to 300 min of movies and presumeably have a small view screen.

So, why can't you import video too?

not a vpod but a vcam? or some such thing.
  • Reply 69 of 131
    Quote:

Depends...

Maybe not practical though since the camera is dead weight until you are able to unload the video to free space on the drive. MiniDV tapes are a lot more versatile.
  • Reply 70 of 131
    how big is the 802.11g chip? can it fit into a small video cam?

could you broadcast the video to another device like a 4g ipod with wifi built in?
  • Reply 71 of 131
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bancho

Maybe not practical though since the camera is dead weight until you are able to unload the video to free space on the drive. MiniDV tapes are a lot more versatile.

That is true. However it presumes that people actually care. I don't know enough about how people actually use the cameras...does anyone take it on vacation and use more that five MiniDV tapes? Maybe. Maybe not. Still, your point is valid.
  • Reply 72 of 131
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

how big is the 802.11g chip? can it fit into a small video cam?

could you broadcast the video to another device like a 4g ipod with wifi built in?

First, probably teh chip size isn't the issue. Power is.

Second...why do you want to do this?
  • Reply 73 of 131
    Quote:

That is true. However it presumes that people actually care. I don't know enough about how people actually use the cameras...does anyone take it on vacation and use more that five MiniDV tapes? Maybe. Maybe not. Still, your point is valid.

I'm not a big fan of making videos on vacation. It gets in the way of actually enjoying the vacation .

I think my deal with it is that with such capacity I would want the recorded video stored safely on a removable piece (or more) of media rather than hoping I've got enough space on my main computer for 60GB worth of data.

As you already said, the tech exists to make this reality. Now we just need to know what the point of it is and what would actually set it apart from the multitude of existing cameras already on the market.
  • Reply 74 of 131
    you could use the device with built in 60gb hard drive. Take all of your vacation video then transfer the info wirelessly to a laptop or if you needed more than 60gb you could use a 4g ipod as a secondary storage device.

if the device could also be used as an isight then it might prove to be an interesting device.

Just thinking out loud with no clear direction.
  • Reply 75 of 131
    Quote:

First, probably teh chip size isn't the issue. Power is.

Second...why do you want to do this?

TednDi is the resident idea man. Apple has guys like him locked in closets for the sole purpose of generating ideas which they thoroughly filter and process before creating solutions.
  • Reply 76 of 131
    Thanks!,

I am also available for weddings and bar/bat mitzvas!

• Reply 77 of 131
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

I honestly didn't understand a word of this.

I've noticed many AI members post when high so you need to take this into consideration.
  • Reply 78 of 131
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

I've noticed many AI members post when high so you need to take this into consideration.

Can babelfish translate "Drunk" or "Stoned"?
  • Reply 79 of 131
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Quote:

...does anyone take it on vacation and use more that five MiniDV tapes? Maybe. Maybe not. ...

Ah, but you want the initial model to be kinda small (e.g. 5GB iPod) so that it's cheaper and creates demand for future, bigger units.
  • Reply 80 of 131
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bancho

I'm not a big fan of making videos on vacation. It gets in the way of actually enjoying the vacation .

I agree.

Quote:

I think my deal with it is that with such capacity I would want the recorded video stored safely on a removable piece (or more) of media rather than hoping I've got enough space on my main computer for 60GB worth of data.

I agree.

Quote:

As you already said, the tech exists to make this reality. Now we just need to know what the point of it is and what would actually set it apart from the multitude of existing cameras already on the market.

True. And maybe there is no point. Just because something CAN be done, doesn't mean it SHOULD be. Apple seems to realize this.