Films that you wish you could scrub off your brain

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Is there a film that you wish that you had never seen, maybe that did permainaint harm and you wish that it could be removed from your memories?

For me that film is "American Me" - it is a prision film, with lots of rape scenes. I think that they should have a special warning label for stuff like that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 112
    Breaking the Waves.

I had to watch it for a film class in college. I literally stumbled out the theater, puking my guts up.

No, really, I did. All that shakey, hand-held camera filming gave me motion sickness. I left in the middle of the movie and threw up on the sidewalk outside.

I stayed away from the Blair Witch project, thinking that the same thing would happen.
  • Reply 2 of 112
    Secret Window.

Oh god... why
  • Reply 3 of 112
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jesperas

Breaking the Waves.

I had to watch it for a film class in college. I literally stumbled out the theater, puking my guts up.

No, really, I did. All that shakey, hand-held camera filming gave me motion sickness. I left in the middle of the movie and threw up on the sidewalk outside.

I stayed away from the Blair Witch project, thinking that the same thing would happen.

Fragile american. Can´t handle a MAN made film, eh?

No I am sorry. You missed one hell of a film.
  • Reply 4 of 112
    MAN made films I handle just fine. It's the HAND made ones that give me fits. As far as I'm concerned, there's a reason why motion picture cameras have those big tripod thingies and move around on tracks.
  • Reply 5 of 112
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jesperas

MAN made films I handle just fine. It's the HAND made ones that give me fits. As far as I'm concerned, there's a reason why motion picture cameras have those big tripod thingies and move around on tracks.

Are your eyes placed on a tripod, eh, eh?
  • Reply 6 of 112
    Irreversible.
  • Reply 7 of 112
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Quote:

MAN made films I handle just fine.

That's so funny...I love the Lars van Trier works of the 90's. His 'Festen' was less challenging but equally difficult in the issues it brought up.

Incidentally I saw 'Breaking the waves' with a friend who responded by wilting ill during the marital bed scenes.

Film I wish I could scrub off my brain??

This year - undoubtedly the award winning Spanish film 'Tierra' [Earth], not because it's terrible or poorly produced in any way, but probably because it is so powerfully emotive.

The protagonist starts off the scene by encountering several lightening struck sheep (legs in rigor mortis upside down) and a dead shepherd. The dialogue with the dying shepherd has the most intimate cinematographic pressure I've seen.

I thought he was talking to me.

Couldn't shake off the intensity throughout the whole film - disturbing in a very profound way. He dies and the protagonist reacts with cold detachment, carrying off the sheep carcasses - one of which he offers to a girlfriend.
  • Reply 8 of 112
    yoseyose Posts: 62member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Are your eyes placed on a tripod, eh, eh?

No, but they are on a bipod. Haaa...... h... erm.
  • Reply 9 of 112
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Beverly Hills Ninja - Just awful.

Haunted Honeymoon - Thought it would be funny with Gene Wilder & Gilda Radner. Not funny and plot holes the size of Texas. Terrible.

Election - Just a flat out wrong film.

The English Patient - It won an Oscar why?
  • Reply 10 of 112
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Blue Velvet

Manos Hands of fate

Amarelo manga

Perfect Storm (Almost got seasick)

*Shudder*
  • Reply 11 of 112
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Requiem for a Dream. It's the best movie that I never, ever, want to see again.
  • Reply 12 of 112
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Showgirls. It's the worst movie that I've seen 20 times.
  • Reply 13 of 112
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    3 Ninjas II.

--B
  • Reply 14 of 112
    The Last House on the Left, by Wes Craven. Much much worse than Texas Chainsaw. It was actually a riveting film, but awful.

The most painful music I ever heard was the Soundgarden album before they made it big. It has the song "Full on Kev's Mom". I thas this strange timing that made me feel nauseous.
  • Reply 15 of 112
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Requiem for a Dream -- but only the last 20 minutes.
  • Reply 16 of 112
    The Fast and Furious. I walked out of the theater on that one.
  • Reply 17 of 112
    tomjtomj Posts: 120member
    Tromeo and Juliet....i'm not even going to explain it...

of course there's F/911 too...but that's a personal problem
  • Reply 18 of 112
    jamacjamac Posts: 962member
    War of the Worlds (2005) - The stupidest film ever made, I wasted a dvd rental.

Star wars episode 1 - no actually that's the stupidest film ever made I walked out after 30 min and got my money back.
  • Reply 19 of 112
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Ebby, I've gotta ask why Blue Velvet? It's one of my favorite movies of all time....

Quote:

Tromeo and Juliet....i'm not even going to explain it...

One of my friends has a credit in that movie for "Stunt Nipple" Jane Jensen who played Juliet didn't want to get hers pierced so my friend stepped in.

Requiem for a Dream is amazing, but can be pretty tough. Spun can also be a little rough too.

I guess the only films I wish I'd vever seen are the Star Wars films. I have a friend who has never seen any and I am very jealous of him.
  • Reply 20 of 112
    Blackhawk Down. Hated that movie.