Films that you wish you could scrub off your brain

Comments

• Reply 61 of 112
    Quote:

Watch RKO 286 first.

Oddly enough I don't think I've ever seen all of Citizen Kane, but I did enjoy RKO 286. I actually just watched a movie that Orson was in that I enjoyed....The Third Man.
  • Reply 62 of 112
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Eye of the Beholder is about as bad as it gets.

Whoever said Citizen Kane, please, delete that post because that is a great movie.
  • Reply 63 of 112
    Cops and Robbersons. Two other friends and I took a fourth friend as a distraction while a whole gang of people went to her parent's hosue to setup for a suprise birthday party. The movie was so bad that we left early and made it back to her parent's house just after the last guest arrived.
  • Reply 64 of 112
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    12 monkeys.

pitt was pretty good, but the premise just pissed me the hell off. Time travel is best left alone, methinks.
  • Reply 65 of 112
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Quintin Tarantino movies, e.g. Pulp Fiction. Pure stupid violence, I don't get the draw.

Wait until you see the QT produced Hostel.

Some crazy violence in this one.
  • Reply 66 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Watch RKO 286 first.

RKO 286 or do you mean RKO 281?
  • Reply 67 of 112
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Asaph

12 monkeys.

pitt was pretty good, but the premise just pissed me the hell off. Time travel is best left alone, methinks.

Ironically that was the point of the movie. As much as there was one.
  • Reply 68 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac on a Mac

Blackhawk Down. Hated that movie.

Ridley Scott is a awesome director.

BTW he did the 1984 Macintosh commercial.

Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Blackhawk Down is racist.

Oh God. Did you forget it's based on a real event. Granted cinematic license of course.

Quote:

Originally posted by His Dudeness

I wish I could have the 90 minutes of my life back that I wasted on the movie Pi.

It's one of the coolest movies with an amazing script.
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

OK, one more: Citizen Kane.

I never saw what the big deal was. It was an incoherent (OK, OK... I may like Lynch, and he's incoherent, but at least somewhat understandable even when he's making stuff up), poorly plotted, poorly written piece of cinema.

Try seeing an intelligent film sober, please.
  • Reply 69 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

Ridley Scott is a awesome director.

BTW he did the 1984 Macintosh commercial.

Oh God. Did you forget it's based on a real event. Granted cinematic license of course.

It's one of the coolest movies with an amazing script.Try seeing an intelligent film sober, please.

Wel put AquaMac. I just purchased BHD on DVD yesterday for my home collection.
  • Reply 70 of 112
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Showgirls... why?

I have lost all respect for hollywood.
  • Reply 71 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Wait until you see the QT produced Hostel.

Some crazy violence in this one.

Ya, i saw the preview. That was enough for me. Next he'll be making movies from clips lifted from this place http://ogrish.com.

Warning, you really have to scrub the brain after visting that site.
  • Reply 72 of 112
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    "Attack of the Anal Midgets from the Planet Asinine?, you can imagine that I went into this movie with high hopes. Instead it turned out to be 2 hours of disappointing midget drizzle. Actual line from movie, ?oh my god Barbra did you just feel something, yea kind of felt like an itch on my anus but it was to quick to pinpoint the sensation?.
  • Reply 73 of 112
    resres Posts: 711member
    Serenity -- Joss Whedon took the best TV show made this millennium and turned it into a grade C movie, that ranged from unbelievable to downright ludicrous.

Yes, it was nice to see the characters that we came to love on Firefly, but the plot was terrible. Serenity was not nearly as good as any of the Firefly TV episodes and I really think that Joss Whedon should not have done this project without Tim Minear (who seems to have a much better grasp of science and the science fiction genre than Whedon).
  • Reply 74 of 112
    tokentoken Posts: 142member
    I loved The English Patient, but I must admit that it might have more to do with with french actress Juliette Binoche than the plot.

BHD was a terrific movie, intense action with bullits whistling around you, imo surpassing Saving Private Ryan in bringing the audience very close to the fighting scenes.

Festen wasn't directed by Lars von Trier - it was (also danish) Vinterberg, a part of the dogme project.

My worst movie experience must have been Natural Born Killers. I sat in the theatre with every other person laughing all around me while Oliver Stone executed his violent criticism of modern society, mass media, violence, the modern fragmented family, consumerism and whatnot on the screen. It felt like his movie confirmed its own message all too well itself...
  • Reply 75 of 112
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

Good QT films:

Pulp Fiction (although I turned it off a number of times the first time through)

Kill Bill 1 and 2

Jackie Brown

Sin City

Bad QT films:

Four rooms (only his room sucked, the others were good)

Dusk till Dawn (made it to the post-rape scene, 5 minutes in)

Reservour Dogs (made to the ear cutting)

Don't forget True Romance with Christian Slater. That was a cool QT flick.

I can't believe someone mentioned Pi in this thread, but I guess we all have different tastes.

I like Kill Bill Vol. 1, but Vol. 2 kinda sucked for me. I would like that time back please.

Star Wars Episode I really sucked, IMO. I saw it once in the theaters with a friend that lives and breathes Star Wars and even he felt sick after that turkey.

I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something not yet mentioned once I give it some thought. Never saw Titanic or that one would be on my list.
  • Reply 76 of 112
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Never saw Titanic or that one would be on my list.

Not if you saw it.
  • Reply 77 of 112
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Not if you saw it.

Well, I already know how the story ends so that pretty much kills watching the movie for me.
  • Reply 78 of 112
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

Try seeing an intelligent film sober, please.

Like BlackHawk Down?
  • Reply 79 of 112
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Res

Serenity -- Joss Whedon took the best TV show made this millennium and turned it into a grade C movie, that ranged from unbelievable to downright ludicrous.

Yes, it was nice to see the characters that we came to love on Firefly, but the plot was terrible. Serenity was not nearly as good as any of the Firefly TV episodes and I really think that Joss Whedon should not have done this project without Tim Minear (who seems to have a much better grasp of science and the science fiction genre than Whedon).

Are you kidding? That movie was great because the characters were allowed to display humor, the lack of which typically causes most sci-fi movies to lose their appeal in their self-seriousness. I loved Serenity. In fact, I'd call it near-perfect. However, I didn't see Firefly, so I don't have much to compare Serenity to. By itself though, I thought it was exceptional.
  • Reply 80 of 112
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Are you kidding? That movie was great because the characters were allowed to display humor, the lack of which typically causes most sci-fi movies to lose their appeal in their self-seriousness. I loved Serenity. In fact, I'd call it near-perfect. However, I didn't see Firefly, so I don't have much to compare Serenity to. By itself though, I thought it was exceptional.

I loved it too. You had to ignore the "is it a solar system or is it a galaxy?" thing - how could they lose Miranda when it was obviously in the same solar system as the radio guy?

Or maybe not, since they seem to have FTL radio and travel.

Also, the "broadcast to the universe" button was stupid in the backup transmitting station. How often would you use that? - it was the only button there.

But that was fleeting, and the movie was just as good as the series for me.