Official World Cup Thread

1212223242527»

Comments

• Reply 521 of 528
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Well basically Zidane said that Mazeratti have very hard (read silly) words about his mother and sister. He apologies to the kids and to the crowd for this unforgivable act, but do not regret anything.
  • Reply 522 of 528
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I hate to say it, but I have more sympathy for Zidane. We've all done something stupid; in his case the consequences were just larger and more public. It's the way he ended his career, and he'll never be able to shake the feeling that they could have won if he had stayed in. I feel more identification with the guy who was provoked than the one who successfully did the provoking.
  • Reply 523 of 528
    /mandolux//mandolux/ Posts: 648member
    ...blah blah blah...I love Zidane.
  • Reply 524 of 528
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I love the fact that I can tell Italian fans to their face that they couldn't win if Zidane was on the field.

While everyone is sorry for the French, it will be fun to have four years to point out that Italians have a thing for match-fixing.

• Reply 525 of 528
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

While everyone is sorry for the French, it will be fun to have four years to point out that Italians have a thing for match-fixing.

And getting away with it. Some politicians wanted a pardon in case Italy won. If the people support a pardon aswell.....\