Show us your desk!

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 129
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM

I wondered about it. How old is it and how long have you been using it like that? Does the thing get very hot on the metal part behind the keyboard, is it nearly too hot to touch?

Some people are saying that the heat would cause the LCD picture quality to fade and such even when the screen is off, though I'm not totally convinced either way. LCDs are damaged with intense heat, but I just don't know if a closed Mac Book (Pro) is intense enough to do this. One example that was brought up was LCD projectors getting noticeably faded after 8000 hours, but LCD projectors focus several hundred watts of light and heat through three panels that are less than an inch square, which is probably 10x or more intense than what you will find in a notebook.

I've been using it this way for about 2 years and I haven't noticed any problems with quality. I probably take the powerbook with me every other day, so it isn't permanently like this (or I would have gotten a desktop). For me it is ideal. When I upgrade to a MacBook Pro, I imagine I'll use it in the same way.
  • Reply 122 of 129
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah

Nice WankSock?

Best. Post. Ever.

And also, quite possibly: Best. Footer. Ever.
  • Reply 123 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Danial

24" iMac (2Gb ram, 500gb hdd, 7600gt)

A4 intuos3 graphics tablet

30gb Video iPod

Xbox 360

Samsung 26" lcd tv

Pioneer surround sound

- not shown - 14" iBook G4, 3rd gen 15Gb iPod, HP colour laserjet printer 2605dn

not bad for a 17 year old

jesus, wish i had your parents...
  • Reply 124 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smashbrosfan

MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz

ViewSonic VX2025wm Monitor

iPods Video and 3rd Gen.

Xbox 360

JBL Creature Speakers

Motorola Razr

(Extreme lower left: 2.8Ghz P4 home-built gaming PC)

Yeah, I know. I'm a spoiled brat 22 year old. lol. No actually I saved for and bought everything in the pics

do you have your xbox connected to the view sonic?
  • Reply 125 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

jesus, wish i had your parents...

Everything i've paid with my own hard earned cash, so having my parents wouldn't have been of THAT much help lol
  • Reply 126 of 129
    Quote:

Everything i've paid with my own hard earned cash, so having my parents wouldn't have been of THAT much help lol

ah rite, you must have a pretty good job then.
  • Reply 127 of 129
    Quote:

That's true, but you don't have to pay for room and board. That's the perk of being 17.
  • Reply 128 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BMWintoxication

do you have your xbox connected to the view sonic?

Yup, it is. For 2 reasons. 1, the picture on the TV wasn't good enough to even have the orginal xbox on. and 2, the TV had mono sound input. I've got everything wired to come out of the shown speakers. I've actually changed the set up since that picture was taken though. The TV and the ViewSonic are now in opposite places. It adds functionality since it's just easier to have the PC on the right side.
  • Reply 129 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

That's true, but you don't have to pay for room and board. That's the perk of being 17.

very true lol, though i need to get a car, best start saving!